Saints January '22 Transfer Activity

Melbourne Saint

1 minute ago, Saintdunc said:

Zander to make several outstanding saves to keep them at bay throughout the game. MoM performance with Gio singing his praises saying he is the type of keeper they need to keep McGregor on his toes in the twilight of his career.

And………scores the winner in the last minute with a diving header 

Zander can leave with his head high, dignity intact. Unlike a certain McCann.

It's most likely beneficial for the squad that Zander, McCart sort their future now.

CD must have a job on his hands with team morale, given we've descended into a desperate concoction of loans, frees. If Butterfield joins (hope he does), we're up to...

6x loans;

3x frees.

That's close to 40% of our senior squad!

Forget alarm bells, we have become a club ripe for relegation.

Even @blueheaven must be applying sandpaper to his testicles.

when he finds them 

Edited by Melbourne Saint

11 hours ago, blueheaven said:

I don't care about this weird obsession/chip on your shoulder you seem to have with me, but quit trying to derail every thread with this rubbish.

Ever heard of having a laugh? Because right now, there's not a lot going on in Saints land.

Actually, I'd imagine there are hectic discussions going on. But we'll never know.

So... It's quite boring. We're playing turd, signing anything.

However @blueheaven you provide the most excellent form of bait.

I know you still maintain desires to write for the Guardian, or at least AAP/Reuters.

But you won't get there. 

Because you don't state anything in your pc confetti.

Aldi mags is your gig 

I can attest that I am male.  I have no knowledge of Melbourne Saint.  I am old enough to remember players like Henry Hall, closer period of time those like Phillip Scott, John O'Neil, Roddy Grant and even George O'Boyle.  If only we could clone them at their best.  All would walk into today's team.  For those younger, Hall, Scott and O'Neil would have guile, skill, ability to pass the ball and work rate.  Scott was probably the best box to box Saint I have seen.  Did all the dirty work but had the ability to score.  Hall and O'Neil had football brains and seemed to be ahead of the play, knowing where their players were running to and place a ball in stride.  Grant, if he had had any pace would have been an international player.  The ball was glued to his feet and his strength meant few could win in any tackle.  He held the ball up, played people like O'Boyle in.  Both had the ability to score.  If only!  I hope whoever is in charge of recruitment can find clones of all five as we need them.  

34 minutes ago, Northern saint said:

I can attest that I am male.  I have no knowledge of Melbourne Saint.  I am old enough to remember players like Henry Hall, closer period of time those like Phillip Scott, John O'Neil, Roddy Grant and even George O'Boyle.  If only we could clone them at their best.  All would walk into today's team.  For those younger, Hall, Scott and O'Neil would have guile, skill, ability to pass the ball and work rate.  Scott was probably the best box to box Saint I have seen.  Did all the dirty work but had the ability to score.  Hall and O'Neil had football brains and seemed to be ahead of the play, knowing where their players were running to and place a ball in stride.  Grant, if he had had any pace would have been an international player.  The ball was glued to his feet and his strength meant few could win in any tackle.  He held the ball up, played people like O'Boyle in.  Both had the ability to score.  If only!  I hope whoever is in charge of recruitment can find clones of all five as we need them.  

If you are old enough to remember Henry Hall then I am disappointed that you did not mention Sir John Connolly or Jim Pearson, both of whom knew where the onion bag was.

10 hours ago, Melbourne Saint said:

Zander can leave with his head high, dignity intact. Unlike a certain McCann.

I don't see what McCann did that is so wrong. 

He allegedly got offered a shed load of money to sign for a Club and a massive increase in his weekly wage. In addition,, and whether we like it or not, he was also going to be placing himself in a much bigger shop window in England from where he would have a better chance of getting his dream of a massive move to the EPL. 

He is a young lad and he took it. 

Don't lie through your teeth and say that in your chosen profession had the same offer come your way you would have said no I owe my current employers too much for training me I cant move on :roll:

11 hours ago, Melbourne Saint said:

Ever heard of having a laugh? Because right now, there's not a lot going on in Saints land.

Actually, I'd imagine there are hectic discussions going on. But we'll never know.

So... It's quite boring. We're playing turd, signing anything.

However @blueheaven you provide the most excellent form of bait.

I know you still maintain desires to write for the Guardian, or at least AAP/Reuters.

But you won't get there. 

Because you don't state anything in your pc confetti.

Aldi mags is your gig 

I'll try to make it easy for you: if you can't stop dragging this rubbish into every thread, you're going to get banned.

3 hours ago, mainstand said:

I don't see what McCann did that is so wrong. 

He allegedly got offered a shed load of money to sign for a Club and a massive increase in his weekly wage. In addition,, and whether we like it or not, he was also going to be placing himself in a much bigger shop window in England from where he would have a better chance of getting his dream of a massive move to the EPL. 

He is a young lad and he took it. 

Don't lie through your teeth and say that in your chosen profession had the same offer come your way you would have said no I owe my current employers too much for training me I cant move on :roll:

20x on the £800 a week he was on here. There isn’t one of us that wouldn’t have walked to Preston for that. 

2 hours ago, blueheaven said:

I'll try to make it easy for you: if you can't stop dragging this rubbish into every thread, you're going to get banned.

If you can't stand the heat get out the kitchen.he has every right to comment on any thread as you do, this is just down to a personality clash, Pm each other and sort it out.

2 hours ago, sixties saintee said:

If you can't stand the heat get out the kitchen.he has every right to comment on any thread as you do, this is just down to a personality clash, Pm each other and sort it out.

Not when it's personally derogatory,that's not what the sites for,and BH is an admin,so knows the rules better than you

40 minutes ago, jhq said:

He should have been banned for blatant homophobia weeks ago. 

If you see that sort of thing please report it and the mods will do something about it. We don't always see everything.

2 hours ago, sixties saintee said:

Commenting on threads, fine. Constantly taking threads off-topic with trolling and personal abuse directed at other forum users, not so much.

1 hour ago, blueheaven said:

If you see that sort of thing please report it and the mods will do something about it. We don't always see everything.

Commenting on threads, fine. Constantly taking threads off-topic with trolling and personal abuse directed at other forum users, not so much.

Have you pmd him in the past,  has he had any warnings about his  choice of language  ??.

...anywaaay... @blueheaven if you're offended, by all means pm me.

Now... Signings. Has Butterfield actually signed ? We need his dig & positional sense in midfield. 

Problem is, he's close to Bryson in role/ ability. He needs an energy midfielder around him to make space for the subtle passes. I take it that if Crawford signs, that's his place assured in the team.

So, Crawford as an advanced midfielder, Bryson/ Butterfield playing 60 mins, with MacPherson doing the running. 

Be interesting what forwards sign. Eetu doesn't track, neither Crawford. 

20 minutes ago, The Real Saints said:

He is literally playing in a match for St Johnstone as we speak.

Yes watching it. Great he's signed. Sevco looking to put Rooney under pressure. Brown playing well, but Sevco camped in midfield (is stating "camped" homophobic @jhq)??

Edited by Melbourne Saint

1 minute ago, jez1971 said:

The difference between the teams in the first half was that they all wanted the ball while all our players wanted to do was get rid of it. When you're inviting teams into you it's asking for trouble as eventually someone will switch off, as happened for the first goal.

Strangely enough, I think better times are ahead for us as I felt we played quite well in the last 25 mins. Some of the usual bookings at Ibrox from a card-happy ref who had the book out before some tackles were even made!

Butterfield seems a decent signing and I think we need to make more use of Solomon-Otabor.  A May-Vertainen partnership could be fruitful, assuming Callum has the balls to go 4-4-2.

That's the problem is playing ok last 25 mins. Callum never goes out to win games & we only start to play when game is lost.

No chance of CD going 4-4-2. or any combination of 4 at the back.

On paper 2-0 at Ibrox looks ok and that was Callums aim.