Saints January '22 Transfer Activity

Melbourne Saint

On 12/15/2021 at 5:35 PM, mainstand said:

I don't see what McCann did that is so wrong. 

He allegedly got offered a shed load of money to sign for a Club and a massive increase in his weekly wage. In addition,, and whether we like it or not, he was also going to be placing himself in a much bigger shop window in England from where he would have a better chance of getting his dream of a massive move to the EPL. 

He is a young lad and he took it. 

Don't lie through your teeth and say that in your chosen profession had the same offer come your way you would have said no I owe my current employers too much for training me I cant move on :roll:

Look at the way Daniel Cleary signed off from Dundalk. Pure quality. He didn't need to do that, but as an honourable man, he thanked the club +support. 

No-one begrudges McCann of moving for money. But it's a sour departure which was, and will to me, be a negative trait. 

The transfer put us in shit. Sold too low. Saints developed him from a kid. 

Now, a "thank you" to fans really doesn't matter too much.

But it does. He should at least do the decent thing & acknowledge the staff.

1 hour ago, Melbourne Saint said:

Look at the way Daniel Cleary signed off from Dundalk. Pure quality. He didn't need to do that, but as an honourable man, he thanked the club +support. 

No-one begrudges McCann of moving for money. But it's a sour departure which was, and will to me, be a negative trait. 

How do you know he didn’t privately? 

Some things are better done privately. I want ambitious young players. It’s just a shame our board don’t know how to get value from their talent 

1 hour ago, Melbourne Saint said:

This post would make complete sense if Ali McCann didn’t thank the club and supporters on Twitter. But he did. So it’s not a great post really.

2 hours ago, Melbourne Saint said:

That's a great way to thank the fans. Have we signed him though....  Looks like we have. Welcome Brendan, excellent business by Saints because I'm sure Hibs/Aberdeen would've been sniffing...

Can't see anything to say he has signed for Saints. Just saying goodbye to Dundalk.

50 minutes ago, Cagey said:

Can't see anything to say he has signed for Saints. Just saying goodbye to Dundalk.

Yeah, until it’s announced that he has signed I am not going to get too excited. Nothing much being said by Shamrock Rovers fans either but Alan Mannus, who, incidentally is still performing at the top of his game, might have an influence. 

They, of course are in Europe next season whilst we might be plying our trade against the likes of Dunfermline!

Mmmm!

3 hours ago, Melbourne Saint said:

As stated above he did thank the players, coaches, club and supporters. He also was discussing it in a n interview in the paper just a few weeks ago where he talked about the disappointment in not being able to say a good farewell to the fans due to the way the transfer happened. 

3 hours ago, Saintdunc said:

Yeah, until it’s announced that he has signed I am not going to get too excited. Nothing much being said by Shamrock Rovers fans either but Alan Mannus, who, incidentally is still performing at the top of his game, might have an influence. 

They, of course are in Europe next season whilst we might be plying our trade against the likes of Dunfermline!

Mmmm!

The Dundalk guys (he/him/she/her/ affrodiety) on twitter say it's done. 

We absolutely need this signing to cover for McCart. 

2 hours ago, mainstand said:

As stated above he did thank the players, coaches, club and supporters. He also was discussing it in a n interview in the paper just a few weeks ago where he talked about the disappointment in not being able to say a good farewell to the fans due to the way the transfer happened. 

It takes 2 minutes to acknowledge the club. His talent, plus our coaching got him that move.

We were absolutely skinnered by the transfer fee.

Now Preston have a new manger, will we ever see the millions lost in a deal that was bollocks from the start???

4 hours ago, Melbourne Saint said:

It takes 2 minutes to acknowledge the club. His talent, plus our coaching got him that move.

We were absolutely skinnered by the transfer fee.

Now Preston have a new manger, will we ever see the millions lost in a deal that was bollocks from the start???

A change in manager does not change a deal.

Just wish the guy well and stop holding grudges. He will always be a favourite and I really hope he goes on to be a superstar.

45 minutes ago, mainstand said:

A change in manager does not change a deal.

Just wish the guy well and stop holding grudges. He will always be a favourite and I really hope he goes on to be a superstar.

All I hope for is that we get the £££ we' re owed  beyond that, he can regurgitate in bile. Now Preston are in strife, SB presumably has a backup plan. 

But he doesnt. SB disaster.

4 hours ago, Melbourne Saint said:

All I hope for is that we get the £££ we' re owed  beyond that, he can regurgitate in bile. Now Preston are in strife, SB presumably has a backup plan. 

But he doesnt. SB disaster.

You Bipolar or something? Seems to be very little middle ground with you. 

we won a couple double last season. 

a cup double. 

3 trophies under Steve Brown and our most sustained successful period in history. I’d hardly call it a disaster. We are at a point of needing to rebuild though. That’s unquestionable and is underway. 

37 minutes ago, Cagey said:

Hearts manager saying they would want s decent fee for Walker. No word of who is interested in him.

I really don't think anyone would offer a fee for him, even if he wasn't out of contract in the summer. Surely they just want to get him off the wage bill 6 months early. I imagine Neilson is just covering his back in case a deal isn't done.

Edited by Linky

49 minutes ago, weesainty said:

Cummings been told to find another club in January anyone think he’d do a job for us

I don't think he's been particularly impressive for Dundee, and in games I've seen has mostly been a substitute. He's not really the lone striker sort that Davidson would look for either.

One player I did wonder about (although I've similarly not bee hugely impressed when I've seen him) is Hearts' Gnandulliet. The manager has said he's looking for a new striker, so does that mean Gnandulliet is on his way out? He's a tall striker, used to playing on his own up front.