Saints January '22 Transfer Activity

Melbourne Saint

9 hours ago, Templar Saint said:

We did not, he and his agent refused terms and chased the money just as he did joining us from St Mirren.

I thought something similar, just as his mate Tade did the year before. Their signings was a PR masterclass from Saints! 

Apparently Nigel's only goals for over a year have been hattricks for Suriname but no league goals in Israel. Looks like he's either been hitting the gym or the pies too. Think he should be filed under never go back. 

50 minutes ago, George Grieve said:

We need goals….. Jason Cummings? (Sotto voce) Goodwillie?

Goodwillie is a rapist whos not played above the 3rd tier for half a decade, I think I'd pass.

Cummings wouldnt suit us at all I don't think and is being punted from Dundee for turning up to training drunk.

1 hour ago, Saintdunc said:

Friend of mine, Shamrock Rovers fan, says there is a little rumour about their central defender Roberto Lopes being tracked by Saints and another un-named club in Scotland. He looks really mean and apparently was in the FAI Team of the year in the season just finished.

About to go off and play for Cape Verde at the Africa Cup of Nations, so would be missing for a good few weeks anyway.

That’s a new obstacle for Callum to get his signings “used to the Scottish game”.

2 hours ago, RandomGuy said:

Goodwillie @@@@@@## whos not played above the 3rd tier for half a decade, I think I'd pass.

Cummings wouldnt suit us at all I don't think and is being punted from Dundee for turning up to training drunk.

Not like you to be controversial:rolleyes:

He is actually doing a coaching school now and I think you will find that he was not convicted. 

Maybe better watching what you are typing on the site

1 hour ago, mainstand said:

Not like you to be controversial:rolleyes:

He is actually doing a coaching school now and I think you will find that he was not convicted. 

Maybe better watching what you are typing on the site

You should probably read about the case. They couldn't prove the woman involved didn't consent so they got off with that, then they were both confirmed as rapists in civil court, and lost an appeal against that ruling. He's never shown any remorse.

Hopefully he never comes near our club.

Surprised that we have not heard about our loanees having their stay in Perth terminated and returning to their clubs, if we are so determined to bring in new recruits before the restart. 

Also, do we have any on loan that are due back, or are they all season long? Can we recall players on season long loans, covid, multiple injuries etc.

14 hours ago, Templar Saint said:

We did not, he and his agent refused terms and chased the money just as he did joining us from St Mirren.

Do you have a source for that?

My memory of the situation was that he was released. That's also what's suggested in this tweet from Jim Spence: 

And this article from The Herald says he was "allowed to leave".

https://www.heraldscotland.com/sport/13172931.rotherham-close-may-1-2m-bid/

9 minutes ago, blueheaven said:

Do you have a source for that?

My memory of the situation was that he was released. That's also what's suggested in this tweet from Jim Spence: 

And this article from The Herald says he was "allowed to leave".

https://www.heraldscotland.com/sport/13172931.rotherham-close-may-1-2m-bid/

Source was Nigel himself at end of season dinner.  He was player at my table and said that he and his agent were in discussions with Saints but they were a bit apart in figures.  Believe he then did not turn up for a meeting on the Monday but informed Saints that talks were over.

2 hours ago, RandomGuy said:

You should probably read about the case. They couldn't prove the woman involved didn't consent so they got off with that, then they were both confirmed as rapists in civil court, and lost an appeal against that ruling. He's never shown any remorse.

Hopefully he never comes near our club.

I have read about the case.

He is now settled down and a family man as I said running his own football coaching business. 

No doubt you were one that didn't want Jody Morris near the club many years ago aswell. 

5 minutes ago, mainstand said:

I have read about the case.

He is now settled down and a family man as I said running his own football coaching business. 

That's nice. Doesn't change the fact he's a rapist who's never shown any remorse over what he done though, so he can continue to go **** himself away from St Johnstone, thanks.