Saints January '22 Transfer Activity

Melbourne Saint

35 minutes ago, Saintdunc said:

Hopefully, Dan will be the missing link that McCart needs, since Jason left. And, to be fair, Gordon as well.

Clark

Cleary          Gordon           McCart

Rooney                                                            Booth

Hopefully stick with this back 6 for a few weeks in a row and get some consistency.

1 hour ago, tucker said:

Very harsh onbrown.looked the best of any defenders last month

Cover player…

Isnt a wing back, Rooney is.

Gordon is captain so he won’t replace him.

McCart is the left footer required in a back 3.

Cleary has been earmarked as the ball playing centre back we have been crying out for.

where would you play Brown? 

12 minutes ago, R.B.B:- Adz said:

Callum has signed Cleary because he believes that with the correct personnel, his system is the most suitable and successful one in this league.
So there isn’t a hope in hell that he will switch to a flat back 4, dropping Rooney and McCart.

If we can’t find a striker perhaps Rooney could emulate Buck McCarry……….if you have heard of him you will know what I mean.

McCart will be more confident with Cleary in the side.

That leaves Booth.

1 hour ago, Saintdunc said:

If we can’t find a striker perhaps Rooney could emulate Buck McCarry……….if you have heard of him you will know what I mean.

McCart will be more confident with Cleary in the side.

That leaves Booth.

Always said Kane is oor Buck McCarr.only difference Buck never got sent aff, surprisingly.

3 hours ago, R.B.B:- Adz said:

Callum has signed Cleary because he believes that with the correct personnel, his system is the most suitable and successful one in this league.
So there isn’t a hope in hell that he will switch to a flat back 4, dropping Rooney and McCart.

With a wee bit luck they will be away for a wee bit cash but we will never forget what they did for us last season.

37 minutes ago, Cagey said:

With a wee bit luck they will be away for a wee bit cash but we will never forget what they did for us last season.

We'll sadly get a pittance if they move early in a PCA. We did stump up £75k for McCart, but we were in an injury crisis. 

I just hope we're signing players before selling others ...

10 minutes ago, Melbourne Saint said:

We'll sadly get a pittance if they move early in a PCA. We did stump up £75k for McCart, but we were in an injury crisis. 

I just hope we're signing players before selling others ...

I did say a wee bit. I'd be happy to get £75 grand for McCart. £ 100,000 in total for McCart & Rooney would be acceptable rather than for nothing in summer.

We have Cleary signed & Brown for Rooney & I think Dundonker is still here.

No word of Ambrose but Saints don't like to communicate with their fans.

4 minutes ago, Cagey said:

I did say a wee bit. I'd be happy to get £75 grand for McCart. £ 100,000 in total for McCart & Rooney would be acceptable rather than for nothing in summer.

We have Cleary signed & Brown for Rooney & I think Dundonker is still here.

No word of Ambrose but Saints don't like to communicate with their fans.

We need to hold on to Rooney and McCart!!

They are Premiership quality in a squad peppered with very few of that ilk.

If either or both hit any kind of form in the second half of the season, they are two of the best RWB/LCB in the league.

There is a long line of players I’d let go for free before I let Rooney and McCart go for £100,000… lunacy 

6 minutes ago, Shibbydoo said:

Dendoncker is shite, Brown isn't a WB. We'd be in a worse position than we are now - for £100k. No.

Thought Rooney has been poor in recent weeks and is keeping his place more due to last seasons exploits rather than what he has done this season. 

Dedonker has tried in recent weeks to step out of defence more. 

15 minutes ago, Templar Saint said:

On this season form Rooney and McCart have been ineffective and have cost us matches.

Rather get something for them now than them jog along until contracts up.

Got enough passengers in team when Crawford plays.

To be fair, Dendonker hasn’t played for Brighton, and I believe he had only just stepped up from their U23s when he came up here so he has to be nurtured and coached. 

Probably the move could not have come at a worse time, but that is hindsight for ya!

1 hour ago, R.B.B:- Adz said:

We need to hold on to Rooney and McCart!!

They are Premiership quality in a squad peppered with very few of that ilk.

If either or both hit any kind of form in the second half of the season, they are two of the best RWB/LCB in the league.

There is a long line of players I’d let go for free before I let Rooney and McCart go for £100,000… lunacy 

You are living in hope that these guys form will return in the second half of a season they may be playing on pre contracts.

I hope your are right but can't see it.

With Rooney & McCart, the fact that we are doing so badly in the league might work in our favour. Do Hibs really want McCart given they have a new manager and our current form. Would a scout from Rotherham or the like see Rooney this season and think about offering a contract?

I'm hopeful they will re-sign. Clark is a different matter as he has been stand-out in a very poor team. 

4 hours ago, sixties saintee said:

Always said Kane is oor Buck McCarr.only difference Buck never got sent aff, surprisingly.

I was amazed to read this about Buck.  I then reread his daughter's brilliant tribute to him in which she mentions Buck arguing against a warning for pulling back Aberdeen's then keeper, Bobby Clark.  Given that he still had a piece of Clark's jersey in his hand at the time his unblemished record is perhaps not as surprising as it seems.

1 hour ago, Cagey said:

You are living in hope that these guys form will return in the second half of a season they may be playing on pre contracts.

I hope your are right but can't see it.

I most definitely can see it. 

McCart was absolutely head and shoulders above vs Aberdeen at Pittodrie earlier in the season, total Rolls Royce of a defender on his day.

Galatasaray feels like a lifetime ago but when Rooney came on and waltzed past 3 Galatasaray defenders and set up O’Halloran.