Saints January '22 Transfer Activity

Melbourne Saint

16 minutes ago, RandomGuy said:

Of course it'll be a ****ing loan.

An absolutely pointless move that shows no lessons were learned after the Summer. It might work out but he's barely played football and hasn't at all this season. 

Do you ever chill :laugh:

The one player that Celtic are releasing at present is Euan Henderson who any time I have seen him looked the part. Deffo worth a shout. 

Edited by mainstand

Crawford was to be expected. It would have been more of a surprise if we had not followed it up given Davidson's comments on him.

He won't save us. Fine with him being part of the squad, but hopefully we aren't looking for him to be the player to get us out of the current situ.

On Shaw....what is he, a left back? If so, surely just a back up now Devine has gone.

16 minutes ago, Linky said:

I was expecting Crawford on a deal until the end of the season, but who offers a 30 year-old a 2 and a half year deal? He'll be 33 when his deal expires. 

Fantastic policy. All the work Tommy was doing to reduce the age of the team as well.

What I don't understand about the Crawford deal is the rush to make it long-term. If Davidson thinks there's a player there, why not keep him here on loan until the end of the season with the promise of a deal if he proves he's worth it? Instead we leap into giving a two-and-a-half year contract to a guy who has looked slow, disinterested and doesn't even seem to fit into our system. If this is what he plays like when he's 30 years old and playing for his future, what's he going to be like two years down the line?

I said on here previously that if we signed Crawford permanently I'd lose what shred of remaining faith I had left in Davidson, and that's pretty much how I feel now.

Maybe CD has plans for a whole new midfield which involves Crawford as far away from defensive duty as possible. He couldn't win a ball in a raffle if he bought all the tickets!!

However he's our player now and CD is going nowhere so let's see who else comes in and where Crawford fits in.

20 minutes ago, blueheaven said:

What I don't understand about the Crawford deal is the rush to make it long-term. If Davidson thinks there's a player there, why not keep him here on loan until the end of the season with the promise of a deal if he proves he's worth it? Instead we leap into giving a two-and-a-half year contract to a guy who has looked slow, disinterested and doesn't even seem to fit into our system. If this is what he plays like when he's 30 years old and playing for his future, what's he going to be like two years down the line?

I said on here previously that if we signed Crawford permanently I'd lose what shred of remaining faith I had left in Davidson, and that's pretty much how I feel now.

It's absolutely staggering. When we've needed to sign guys up for longer deals we've not managed to do it.

Crawford and his agent must be laughing all the way to the bank.

4 hours ago, MrBored said:

Slightly surprised to see Dendoncker has gone back. He isn't ready to be a first team regular, but with Cleary in the door would have been a suitable back up. Wonder if that means Muller stays?

Have to admit I didn't see much in Dendoncker, but I thought Devine did well when called upon. Had a good performance on the right against Hearts and was then arguably our man of the match against Rangers, but on both occasions he lost his place immediately afterwards.

With Devine gone we look very understaffed on the left so I guess we have to assume a new signing has been identified for that side. 

Bit surprised Muller's departure hasn't been announced too - I wonder if that's still to come. Even if Muller goes we'd still have Cleary, Brown and Ambrose who can play at RCB and Rooney's occasionally been used there too.