Saints January '22 Transfer Activity

Melbourne Saint

30 minutes ago, templeofsaints said:

Saints linked in Courier today with move for Hibs midfielder Melker Halleberg

https://t.co/1DwdUiJ2OF

Cant say I have seen him coming on and thinking here is a game changer but he is the type of player we are going get.

I am worried that we are not going to attract the player/players that are going to change our season round.

As long as Davidson stubbornly sticks with 3/5 at the back we will not improve. Even his mentor at Millwall yesterday changed to a back 4 after 60 mins when they were 2_0 down.

4 minutes ago, Cagey said:

Cant say I have seen him coming on and thinking here is a game changer but he is the type of player we are going get.

I am worried that we are not going to attract the player/players that are going to change our season round.

As long as Davidson stubbornly sticks with 3/5 at the back we will not improve. Even his mentor at Millwall yesterday changed to a back 4 after 60 mins when they were 2_0 down.

We won two cups playing that system.

Key for me with this is the player's commitment. 

I think the short-term nature of the Ciftci deal suits everyone but I wouldn't be so comfortable with Hallberg only being here until the summer. We need him to have skin in the game. 

Intial impression is he won't have the defensive side that McCann offered but are we ever going to find that? Will add some legs though hopefully which is almost as important.

30 minutes ago, Radford 72 said:

I think the short-term nature of the Ciftci deal suits everyone but I wouldn't be so comfortable with Hallberg only being here until the summer. We need him to have skin in the game. 

Intial impression is he won't have the defensive side that McCann offered but are we ever going to find that? Will add some legs though hopefully which is almost as important.

I’m sure I read in the story linking him to us was he has not played for months after a knee dislocation 

41 minutes ago, Radford 72 said:

Not sure if true but it reads like he wants a permanent deal rather than a loan, so fingers crossed. 

I can’t say he’s a player I know much about, one of those guys I’ve never really taken any notice of. 

27 minutes ago, Pat McGroin said:

I can’t say he’s a player I know much about, one of those guys I’ve never really taken any notice of. 

You are not alone there.  Having read up on him he sounds a good bet so long as he has recovered from his injury and that's a question for the medics.

13 minutes ago, Saintdunc said:

Dimitar Mitov as replacement for Clark when he goes. What a display against Newcastle. Can we find a gem like the mighty Cambridge found. Surely we can, even if we are bottom at the moment!

He's not far off conceding 2 goals a game on average at the moment for them.

You think we should sign him based on the best 90 minutes of his career?

51 minutes ago, bankfoot saint said:

Am assuming as he’s played for two clubs already this season means he can’t play for a third 

Was thinking it might be 2 loans, then again there's a recent case of a loanee at one Scottish club, just moved to another lower league club.

Am sure someone will know the rules.:wink:

Edited by HOODLUM65

32 minutes ago, chips said:

Dunno if this rules still applies, think it was put in place due to covid issues...as usual I'm probably wrong 

Screenshot_20220108-222204_Chrome.jpg

That's the rule before Covid, and now. Last season players could play for 3 clubs but that rule seems to have vanished alongside the 5 sub rule.

2 hours ago, RandomGuy said:

He's not far off conceding 2 goals a game on average at the moment for them.

You think we should sign him based on the best 90 minutes of his career?

My 2nd and 3rd sentences should make it clear, even to a pedant like you, what I was suggesting. Perhaps I would have been better to have suggested we cast our net further afield when looking to recruit rather than intimating that we should go for an incompetent keeper!

Goalkeeper’s can only do so much if their defenders let him down, as our own incumbent well knows. 

I hope you enjoyed researching the stats for Mitov.

1 hour ago, Saintdunc said:

My 2nd and 3rd sentences should make it clear, even to a pedant like you, what I was suggesting. Perhaps I would have been better to have suggested we cast our net further afield when looking to recruit rather than intimating that we should go for an incompetent keeper!

Goalkeeper’s can only do so much if their defenders let him down, as our own incumbent well knows. 

I hope you enjoyed researching the stats for Mitov.

Its just a bit weird to mewl about us "not finding gems like Cambridge" when the gem youre on about is shite, tbh.

It takes like 2 seconds to see his figures fwiw.

6 hours ago, Broggy Man said:

I’m sure I read in the story linking him to us was he has not played for months after a knee dislocation 

We already have a player playing with dodgy knee.

I think injuries like that will always be in the back of your mind when putting in a tackle.