Saints January '22 Transfer Activity

Melbourne Saint

33 minutes ago, Shaggy Jenkins said:

Which makes it strange as we were told players coming in to improve the first team.

Not sorry he is here but booth was probably bottom of the list of improvements needed

So effectively so far only 2 players in to improve the first team, and one is debatable the other unknown

2 back up players to replace 2 back up players. Crawford for Crawford. Shifty , unknown quantity.

So all of a sudden that's going to turn out form around.

I know there is still 2 or 3 weeks til end of window but only 1 week to first game.

Have to say I am a bit worried.

I think we've potentially lost out on our 2 main other targets: Shaw & Walker. Then, Thistle are proving trickier to deal with for Rudden than originally thought, so this is why we are seeing the delay.

I would imagine we would be announcing our other targets soon, which I expect to perhaps be Hallberg and Kennedy.

Also wonder if James Scott may be an option. On loan at Hibs, but not much game time.

I think we're also looking at getting players out first.

22 minutes ago, Linky said:

I think we've potentially lost out on our 2 main other targets: Shaw & Walker. Then, Thistle are proving trickier to deal with for Rudden than originally thought, so this is why we are seeing the delay.

I would imagine we would be announcing our other targets soon, which I expect to perhaps be Hallberg and Kennedy.

Also wonder if James Scott may be an option. On loan at Hibs, but not much game time.

I think we're also looking at getting players out first.

Do not need more loan players but permanent signings that want to fight to retain our premier status .

6 hours ago, mainstand said:

During the period that he was conceding the higher percentage of shots, defenders were blocking everything that moved in front of him and closing down space so when they did get through on Zander it was wither a pretty good shot or it was a move that got through our back line.  

Then the xSv numbers would reflect that. In reality though, rather than baseless claims, he was conceding goals that were usually prevented. And a lot of them. 

Thankfully, he has improved massively in the past 10 months and deserves all the praise he's getting. 

1 hour ago, Linky said:

Thistle are proving trickier to deal with for Rudden than originally thought, so this is why we are seeing the delay.

Basically Partick know how to bargain, unlike Saints. We would be howling with offence if the roles were reversed and we had gone in pitifully low.  

7 hours ago, mainstand said:

I don't think it is a coincidence that the improvement in Zanders stats has come at a period when there has become question marks about the defence in front of him. During the period that he was conceding the higher percentage of shots, defenders were blocking everything that moved in front of him and closing down space so when they did get through on zander it was wither a pretty good shot or it was a move that got through our back line.  

Mainstand suffering from confirmation bias? Won’t accept he was horrendous in 2020. Especially won’t accept that occasionally Random is right. We were calling him clownshoes game after game, epitomised by the goal he conceded at home to Motherwell. The turnaround hasn’t proved us wrong, simply that he went from so bad to the kind of performance that won us the match at Tananarive.

I'm not sure what the options are as a replacement for Clark. It may depend on where he goes. Seems like it won't be Rangers, if they are signing the Dundee Utd 'keeper. If it's Aberdeen, are they really going to put their captain Lewis on the bench? Dundee Utd surely don't have enough money to offer him what he'd want.

Is his stock high enough that clubs in England are watching? I doubt it's anything above League 1 level.

2 hours ago, Cagey said:

2 back up players to replace 2 back up players. Crawford for Crawford. Shifty , unknown quantity.

So all of a sudden that's going to turn out form around.

I know there is still 2 or 3 weeks til end of window but only 1 week to first game.

Have to say I am a bit worried.

I reckon Cleary and Crawford will start the next game if fit. Ciftci and Gallacher I'd expect to be on the bench. If that happens then all we'll really have done is changed a defender.

I think everyone, including the manager, knows that there's still a lot of business that needs to be done. But I share your worry.

18 hours ago, PSJ.84 said:

Sure he had his contract extended in the summer after the Aberdeen bid. Either way, fair play to Hibs for turning that down

Fair dues to the guy for signing a contract. He could have sat it out and gone for free but signed ,sure in the thought that he would get a move and grey some money for his club.

If the results prior to the winter break continue then thistle will be sitting back cheering knowing that we may come back and pay overs for Rudden.

it’s a shame the old temple of Saints website isn’t around as we could of added him to the great striker hunt page.

7 hours ago, andrew said:

Mainstand suffering from confirmation bias? Won’t accept he was horrendous in 2020. Especially won’t accept that occasionally Random is right. We were calling him clownshoes game after game, epitomised by the goal he conceded at home to Motherwell. The turnaround hasn’t proved us wrong, simply that he went from so bad to the kind of performance that won us the match at Tananarive.

Not at all Andrew my opinion has not changed in the three seasons that Clark was a good goalie. Yes he had his poor performances who doesn't but I don't think he was as bad as the stats that are being quoted say he was.