Saints January '22 Transfer Activity

Melbourne Saint

14 hours ago, Saintdunc said:

Were we not sceptical about Doobs, Jody, Kernaghan and others who were at the wrong end of their careers?

I was curious about how old those players were when they joined us, so just checked - Kernaghan was 30, Jody was 29, Duberry was 34. I still find it incredible that Kernaghan was willing to join us on a permanent deal from Man City. Just shows how much he was enjoying playing for Saints at the time.

Defoe's a cracking finisher but he's been playing for a club at the top of the league where you get chances handed to you on a plate. He'd have to do a lot more running around for his chances if he came to Saints and I don't think he has the legs for that any more.

5 hours ago, mainstand said:

He had a dislocated kneecap which is the main injury that he ahs had from what i can see. If we are calling him a crck what do you call Murray, who has had more injuries in his career than hot dinners. 

Not medical but think dislocated kneecap is quite serious and he has been out for a while.

Muzz is bionic. He is a one of.

So do you think McCart is away this window? To me we should be saying no to offers for our defenders or our keeper. They can be replaced as best as they can in the Summer. Apart from a few mistakes I dont think its been that bad in defence. If your opposition get so many chances you are always going to be forced into making mistakes.  Priority is midfield now. We are in desperate need for someone with youth to control the midfield and link up play to our strikers. We are probably not bringing in any other strikers, maybe have to accept that. I dont think the level of signings Saints can afford are going to get us out of this alone. We need the team to dig in, up their game and just perform better than they have been.

Don’t think this means McCart is away this window, more just the club are planning for when he inevitably does leave. Without having the database the club likely have, he seems the obvious replacement. Happy to see the club are being proactive. At least by going after him now and not the summer, it allows him to bed in and/or allow the manager to replace McCart now. 

1 hour ago, PSJ.84 said:

Don’t think this means McCart is away this window, more just the club are planning for when he inevitably does leave. Without having the database the club likely have, he seems the obvious replacement. Happy to see the club are being proactive. At least by going after him now and not the summer, it allows him to bed in and/or allow the manager to replace McCart now. 

Fine being proactive but you would think there are other areas we need to fix first in order to stay in the league. 

1 minute ago, Norsaint said:

No way would  Motherwell or St Mirren pay £150k for a player at this time. Irrelevant anyway as the bid will be turned down by ICT

Or will it?I can't see them turning this down!It may go to the wire and test both teams resolve. 

Player himself may play a huge part in it .If he wants to move and apparently he does I think it will happen 

5 hours ago, templeofsaints said:

Aidan Smith in Herald reporting Saint have bid 150k for Robbie Deas, 21yr old ICT Centre half and the player is keen on a move

2 hours ago, Cagey said:

St Mirren or Motherwell will probably trump us.

Should have kept it quite until signed.

I blame that "Saints supporter" Aiden Smith.

You have to laugh at saints fans . Moan if it’s a loan , moan we’re giving players contracts , moan that it’s a defender , moan that they don’t keep it quiet , moan that the club don’t tell them anything , moan that we don’t have enough midfielders , moan that we don’t have enough attackers , moan that we never preempt a player leaving, moan when do preempt a player leaving . 
 Some motley crue 

12 hours ago, Cagey said:

When are we getting an attacking midfielder/winger and a striker

Strikers Çiftçi, Kane, Vertainen and May (O;Halloran???) cannot see us bringing in another striker

Attacking midfielder yes 

Winger we do not play with wingers that is now the job of wing backs that's why MOH and Middleton do not fit into the system unless they play as attacking midfielder behind front 2

12 minutes ago, Evansabove said:

You have to laugh at saints fans . Moan if it’s a loan , moan we’re giving players contracts , moan that it’s a defender , moan that they don’t keep it quiet , moan that the club don’t tell them anything , moan that we don’t have enough midfielders , moan that we don’t have enough attackers , moan that we never preempt a player leaving, moan when do preempt a player leaving . 
 Some motley crue 

Moan when people are moaning about people moaning about people who are moaning about moaners