Saints January '22 Transfer Activity

Melbourne Saint

5 minutes ago, Tricky6 said:

We’re doomed aren’t we….all the talk of clearing out the dead wood, spending money to solve the creativity and goal scoring…and we’ve basically only swapped Cleary for Dendonker…..will be the same team that starts back next week….thoroughly depressing! 

So you are just ignoring Chiffti and Gallagher then

plus anyone in before game

team could look very different

Clark

Rooney  CLEARY  Gordon  MCCart GALLAGHER 

Butterfield  GILMOUR  

CHIFFTI Kane perm another player from New Middleton  May Bryson  Booth  etc

Considering window shuts in 2 weeks I think we have done pretty well, got of to a flying start with hopefully more to come in Deas Hallberg  Rudden and ones we haven't heard yet 

not with the depressing part ...possibly disappointing  slow down but as stated window still open

I’d be inclined to give this window time before judging it as underwhelming. The club spoke about wanting to deals early, doesn’t mean every deal will happen in the first two weeks. Clubs/agents/players know we have money and the predicament we’re in, which is likely to be a stumbling block. Just further emphasises the massive balls up in the summer. 

41 minutes ago, THE LARK SAINT said:

Would  be tempted to go for Maciver that replaced him and Docherty. could probably get both for money we were off for Rudden 

Talk is he has signed a pre contract with Motherwell.

Motherwell management team at Firhill . Maybe doing a last minute live viewing before they get the pen out.

16 minutes ago, rik2304 said:

Hayden Muller returns to Millwall.

Like Dendoncker, too inexperienced to be in the first team at this stage of his career. Would have been a decent back up, but I expect Millwall really wanted him to have a good amount of game time, which in our current situation wasn't on the cards.

I saw there was some speculation that Ambrose would go as well. If he does, we are not leaving much room for injuries in the back three ...wonder if there are similar loans on the cards to fill the spaces.

Doesn't sound like we will have any more in before the Hearts game and then the difficult looking Kelty game. We still need new blood that can come straight into the first team up front and in midfield as far as I can see.

8 minutes ago, MrBored said:

Like Dendoncker, too inexperienced to be in the first team at this stage of his career. Would have been a decent back up, but I expect Millwall really wanted him to have a good amount of game time, which in our current situation wasn't on the cards.

I saw there was some speculation that Ambrose would go as well. If he does, we are not leaving much room for injuries in the back three ...wonder if there are similar loans on the cards to fill the spaces.

Doesn't sound like we will have any more in before the Hearts game and then the difficult looking Kelty game. We still need new blood that can come straight into the first team up front and in midfield as far as I can see.

So instead of" considerable funds" we have more out than in. Sounds St Johnstone ish.

If Muller has gone, it must be because someone else is lined up. Otherwise, he'd have gone at the start of the window. Imagine someone is about to be announced, so he's been sent home to make way. Unless they've given up on trying to offload Ambrose, and so he's staying instead of Muller.

11 minutes ago, Linky said:

If Muller has gone, it must be because someone else is lined up. Otherwise, he'd have gone at the start of the window. Imagine someone is about to be announced, so he's been sent home to make way. Unless they've given up on trying to offload Ambrose, and so he's staying instead of Muller.

I wonder if we will be offered £50 grand each for McCart and Rooney on 31st January and Steve couldn't resist it.

2 hours ago, Cagey said:

So instead of" considerable funds" we have more out than in. Sounds St Johnstone ish.

Do you get up in the morning wondering what you can moan about next:laugh: we have moved from loans to contracted players so probably cost the club more. We also seem to be offering a transfer fee for a player a lot of years since we last did that 

3 minutes ago, mainstand said:

Do you get up in the morning wondering what you can moan about next:laugh: we have moved from loans to contracted players so probably cost the club more. We also seem to be offering a transfer fee for a player a lot of years since we last did that 

Love you mainstand. Always half full.