Saints January '22 Transfer Activity

Melbourne Saint

23 minutes ago, rik2304 said:

Millwall recalled Muller. CD wanted him to stay.

I'm pretty confused by CD saying Muller was the one he wanted to keep. If that was the case, why was he regularly not even making the bench? Why was Dendoncker often preferred to him, and yet our preference was apparently to keep Muller and get rid of Dendoncker? I increasingly find CD's comments and actions to be more and more baffling.

We certainly look a bit low on numbers at the back now, especially if Ambrose goes.

32 minutes ago, blueheaven said:

I'm pretty confused by CD saying Muller was the one he wanted to keep. If that was the case, why was he regularly not even making the bench? Why was Dendoncker often preferred to him, and yet our preference was apparently to keep Muller and get rid of Dendoncker? I increasingly find CD's comments and actions to be more and more baffling.

We certainly look a bit low on numbers at the back now, especially if Ambrose goes.

It is the Pantomime season after all.

What part best suits our leader?

45 minutes ago, blueheaven said:

Unless he was carrying a slight knock, it is baffling, as you say. 

58 minutes ago, blueheaven said:

Must have been that knock on the head he got on the Hampden park dressing room door.

2 hours ago, blueheaven said:

Totally agree.

I think this transfer window is shaping up to be a real mess (again). Clear before the start of the transfer window that midfield was the main area requiring attention and it would seem that we have now known for weeks that Bryson is carrying a serious injury and he is now out for weeks. Despite that, we go into our first game after the break with virtually the same midfield bar the return on loan of 2 relatively inexperienced players. 

Throw into the mix that our star striker acquisition has still to get international clearance then it seems almost certain that apart from Cleary, our starting 11 at Tynecastle tomorrow will be almost unchanged from the lines up that were brutal before Christmas. So much for starting back from the break with any degree of optimism. Can't see this as being anything other than another farcical end to the transfer window where we most likely sell Clark and are easily 7 or 8 points adrift of other teams currently around us and out of the Cup.

I do hope I am wrong but I don't have a good feeling and In Scott Boyd and the Chairman I have zero faith. 

8 minutes ago, yahoorsir said:

I think this transfer window is shaping up to be a real mess (again). Clear before the start of the transfer window that midfield was the main area requiring attention and it would seem that we have now known for weeks that Bryson is carrying a serious injury and he is now out for weeks. Despite that, we go into our first game after the break with virtually the same midfield bar the return on loan of 2 relatively inexperienced players. 

Throw into the mix that our star striker acquisition has still to get international clearance then it seems almost certain that apart from Cleary, our starting 11 at Tynecastle tomorrow will be almost unchanged from the lines up that were brutal before Christmas. So much for starting back from the break with any degree of optimism. Can't see this as being anything other than another farcical end to the transfer window where we most likely sell Clark and are easily 7 or 8 points adrift of other teams currently around us and out of the Cup.

I do hope I am wrong but I don't have a good feeling and In Scott Boyd and the Chairman I have zero faith. 

I think it is only Gilmour that is coming back so midfield is probably lighter than before window. I hope they are not relying on Gilmour to make a difference.

Can only hope they used the break to learn hope to pass the ball 10 yards to their own team.

If we lost Viv as well we are probably weaker than we were before the window.

He wanted to keep Muller but allowed Millwall to recall him late in the window instead of finding out when window opened if they wanted him back . I think there were noises that they wanted him back due to lack of game time.

46 minutes ago, yahoorsir said:

Pretty good summary. Looking to be another shambles and yet to see evidence of considerable funds being used.

In fact the complete opposite, the usual low ball offers for two supposed main targets and financially missing out on loans etc.

There is a feel we have ran out of ideas and targets pretty quickly

2 minutes ago, chips said:

Someone on the Banter page claiming Liam Craig is off to Falkirk in next few days on a player/coach role

Due to no substance in the source of the rumour I'm not taking it very seriously, but you just never know 

Perhaps he is not enamoured by the Brown and Davidson show, supported by the comedic act aka Head of Recruitment. 

Once again Steve Brown seems to be taking a lot of stick and flack from people on here, but yet again I struggle to see what he's supposed to have done wrong. He's allowed us to bring in 2 long term targets, plus another on a permanent deal. He's released funds to go and make bids for players, that we feel are fair and what they're worth, every player has a price and if we've made an offer it doesn't mean saints feel it's good business to increase it if rejected. If anyone right now needs to shoulder the blame it's Davidson for being indecisive and not identifying the players we needed quicker. As far as I'm concerned, I don't even think Steve Brown is involved in any of this other than signing contracts and authorising transfer bids. Also the HoR has clearly identified players already, but it's up to Davidson and Boyd to firstly agree to them and secondly sign them, there's a lot of things going wrong with saints at the minute, that cannot be argued, but some of the unjust criticism is over the top and especially in Brown's case as a result of comments/decisions made 3 seasons ago, which it appears he's learnt from.   

27 minutes ago, Widge said:

Once again Steve Brown seems to be taking a lot of stick and flack from people on here, but yet again I struggle to see what he's supposed to have done wrong. He's allowed us to bring in 2 long term targets, plus another on a permanent deal. He's released funds to go and make bids for players, that we feel are fair and what they're worth, every player has a price and if we've made an offer it doesn't mean saints feel it's good business to increase it if rejected. If anyone right now needs to shoulder the blame it's Davidson for being indecisive and not identifying the players we needed quicker. As far as I'm concerned, I don't even think Steve Brown is involved in any of this other than signing contracts and authorising transfer bids. Also the HoR has clearly identified players already, but it's up to Davidson and Boyd to firstly agree to them and secondly sign them, there's a lot of things going wrong with saints at the minute, that cannot be argued, but some of the unjust criticism is over the top and especially in Brown's case as a result of comments/decisions made 3 seasons ago, which it appears he's learnt from.   

Guess the problem for me is we probably have submitted a bid for the valuation of the players we think are fare and probably are. However due to timing and the shit show we are in we were always going to have to double that and add some or just accept the status quo.

Playing a very risky game

Steve Brown is an easy and obvious target and I'm by no means his biggest fan. He gets a lot wrong IMO but this is not his fault as far as I can see. Callum is being backed. When was the last time we actually bid proper money for players? 

If you want to blame someone then blame Callum. He's the one making bizarre choices. Both with signings and who he wants tied down on long contracts.

It's not Bulletproof that wanted Chickenshit Crawford for 2.5 years.

Now that is ambition.

Identify a striker that is on red hot form. Make him a target. Offer him a long term deal. Offer him good money. Aim to improve you squad and keep your fans happy. Stay in the Premier league.

Well done to Dundee United for building on their double cup success and capitalising on their international exposure after travelling to Galatasaray and earning a draw against one of the big names in European football….. oh wait!! That wasn’t Dundee United who did that was it.

E26BAFE5-4558-4729-B5A5-F3D011E88346.jpeg

Edited by R.B.B:- Adz

2 hours ago, R.B.B:- Adz said:

Now that is ambition.

Identify a striker that is on red hot form. Make him a target. Offer him a long term deal. Offer him good money. Aim to improve you squad and keep your fans happy. Stay in the Premier league.

Well done to Dundee United for building on their double cup success and capitalising on their international exposure after travelling to Galatasaray and earning a draw against one of the big names in European football….. oh wait!! That wasn’t Dundee United who did that was it.

E26BAFE5-4558-4729-B5A5-F3D011E88346.jpeg

Are you serious? A guy who couldnt get a start for us in 2019? Surely we're not forgetting his 3 in 29 SPL games only 3-4 years ago? To spend money (and good money/wages I have no doubt) on someone like that is poor business, not to mention going from Shankland to Watt leading the line is a clear downgrade.

Edited by Sainteesean

3 hours ago, R.B.B:- Adz said:

Now that is ambition.

Well done to Dundee United for building on their double cup success and capitalising on their international exposure after travelling to Galatasaray and earning a draw against one of the big names in European football….. oh wait!! That wasn’t Dundee United who did that was it.E26BAFE5-4558-4729-B5A5-F3D011E88346.jpeg

waste of money

40 minutes ago, Sainteesean said:

Are you serious? A guy who couldnt get a start for us in 2019? Surely we're not forgetting his 3 in 29 SPL games only 3-4 years ago? To spend money (and good money/wages I have no doubt) on someone like that is poor business, not to mention going from Shankland to Watt leading the line is a clear downgrade.

19 minutes ago, THE LARK SAINT said:

waste of money

Time will tell…

Fancy a wager?

Tony Watt will score more goals for Dundee United in the second half of this season than Stevie May, Chris Kane, Eetu Vertainen combined will score in the entire season? 

Edited by R.B.B:- Adz

8 hours ago, yahoorsir said:

The fact that they didn't see fit to strengthen last summer really tells its own tale.Not nearly.proactive enough.So all we have is a reactive  kneejerk January transfer window to try and fix the rot

33 minutes ago, R.B.B:- Adz said:

Time will tell…

Fancy a wager?

Tony Watt will score more goals for Dundee United in the second half of this season than Stevie May, Chris Kane, Eetu Vertainen combined will score in the entire season? 

£10  to nomimated charity Chiffti scores more  on his own but if your giving me the rest I'll take it

1 hour ago, Sainteesean said:

And where he shat it against scoring against the tics.

1 hour ago, sixties saintee said:

And where he shat it against scoring against the tics.

Was that the header from about a yard or so out. Sure I was behind the goal for that one. Felt like he was finished at Saints after that. Its probably a bit of shrewd business from Motherwell. They probably realised they werent going to get that out of him for the rest of the season especially with him moving on. Think Motherwell said they werent going to rush to spend the money and replace him. You never know he might get another 10 in the 2nd half of the season for utd but who knows, a bit risky if you ask me. Think after his first few goals for Saints we were thinking high double figures.

Is Chifti still awaiting international clearance? Think we need someone a little unpredictable like him up front, someone able to create a goal out of nothing since there is a chance thats what he might get.

Edited by Rob