Saints January '22 Transfer Activity

Melbourne Saint

8 hours ago, belfastsaintee said:

Prob loans are again more likely eg Crystal Palace. No one in right mind that’s good would sign permanently .

Yep. I really think we'll end up announcing three or four 20-year-olds on loan from English clubs on the last day of the window, because we can't get anyone else.

There are so many things annoying me about Saints just now and here is one of them. Do the fans not get to know why E2 is not getting a game? For him not to be in the squad last night when May and Kane were is truly astounding, without explanation is infuriating. If he’s gash and we made a huge mistake signing him then tell us, it’s our money they are spending! If he can’t get a game ahead of May then we have truly signed someone worse than Adam Morgan and that takes some doing! Its the not knowing........

Ok, we're desperate - ask Hibs for Hallberg, Gogic and Scott Allan. It's a better midfield than we have now.

Bryson is out for so long, we might as well cancel his contract. Butterfield can't last a whole game. Craig ditto. MacPherson is bad, and one trapping of the ball against Hearts won't make up for this. Gilmour isn't ready yet. Davidson is still a quality player, but can't do everything himself.

Signing more players just to play them out of their position in this stupid formation Callum is determined to stick to is pointless…..

Theres a real danger here we could end up like Dunfermline, Falkirk and Partick in recent times…suffering back to back relegations and stuck with a group of players out of their depth, hard to get rid of, who take a wage for next to no return!

6 minutes ago, Linky said:

Ok, we're desperate - ask Hibs for Hallberg, Gogic and Scott Allan. It's a better midfield than we have now.

Bryson is out for so long, we might as well cancel his contract. Butterfield can't last a whole game. Craig ditto. MacPherson is bad, and one trapping of the ball against Hearts won't make up for this. Gilmour isn't ready yet. Davidson is still a quality player, but can't do everything himself.

Wouldnt say Davidson is a quality player these days but he gives his all and was the only midfielder to win the ball yesterday.

Second half McPherson & Butterfield were passengers. In fact it was about 20 mins into second half that I said to mate that I had just remembered he was playing.

First half he looked calm on the ball and found passed so it could be tired a bit.

Midfield was crying out to be changed ,we have 5 subs and Davidson sat on his hands until replacing striker for striker with 3 mins to go.

3 hours ago, Linky said:

To be honest, I hope we don't sign anyone else. I don't really want to see Davidson waste any more of the clubs money on useless players. He's going to sign no hopers on long contracts and they'll consign us to the Championship for the next few years.

Yeah,digging into war chest which will be required as we have missed out on League cup & Scottish cup crowds and we will probably be down over £1 million on league position money.

If we have players out on loan and still paying a chunk of wages then probably sensible to recall. Could be more injuries and covid isolation to come this season and as we saw last night with Hendry, if they are capable and eager then why not.

4 hours ago, rik2304 said:

Max Kucheriavyi has been recalled.

No pressure :laugh:

Recalled from Brechin no saying he is not going back out on loan to maybe a first division team to replace a player that we took back from them.  No inside knowledge just wondering as Barry Ferguson is expecting 1 or 2 coming in before the close.

14 hours ago, Cagey said:

Yeah,digging into war chest which will be required as we have missed out on League cup & Scottish cup crowds and we will probably be down over £1 million on league position money.

I think they stated previously that budgets are always calculated on 10th place for prize money and going out in first round of cups. You would never budget on getting third or 4th. So budget wise wont be £1m down.

9 hours ago, mainstand said:

Recalled from Brechin no saying he is not going back out on loan to maybe a first division team to replace a player that we took back from them.  No inside knowledge just wondering as Barry Ferguson is expecting 1 or 2 coming in before the close.

I think this is more logical, Max has been head and shoulders above the rest for Brechin this year, but the overall standard is brutal at times.  He needs some time at a higher level.  Genuine potential though, takes a mean dead ball (except in the televised cup game where his crossing boots took the day off!).

Edited by montrosesaintee