Saints January '22 Transfer Activity

Melbourne Saint

1 hour ago, John Bonham said:

I hope not. I really like MOH but he’s not an out and out striker, much better wide. 

thing is, if we play MOH through the middle who plays wide? We only have MOH and Crawford  currently fit who can play either side of a striker, so if MOH plays through the middle you would probably be looking at changing shape to accommodate that as you wouldn’t have 2 fit players to play either side of him. 

Eetu's not an out and out striker either though. He seemed to be more of an attacking midfielder that could play a couple of different positions, up front being one of them. Playing off MOH with him in the Kane role would be a nightmare given Mikey doesn't even know what he's going to do next let alone a team mate!

3 hours ago, Sergei said:

Eetu's not an out and out striker either though. He seemed to be more of an attacking midfielder that could play a couple of different positions, up front being one of them. Playing off MOH with him in the Kane role would be a nightmare given Mikey doesn't even know what he's going to do next let alone a team mate!

I thought he was attacking m/f too. Which is currently held by Crawford. Sort of.

23 minutes ago, Rob said:

I suspect they will play Eetu and MOH up front together on Saturday. Even if thats not their recognised position. Did they not do similar with Middleton and MOH last season? might even have been against Hibs.

I really hope they do. There's talk of Eetu not being used to how we play the Scottish game, only way to get him used to it is to get him playing it!

Davidson has confirmed interest in Cleary. He also says the club have offered contracts to many players, and are waiting to see who accepts. Loan signings are fine but they need to 'get things done on a permanent basis'.

Presumably this means we'll be offering contracts to those here on loan?

I'm not sure we'll go back for Kennedy and Wright. Davidson's signing policy seems to be picking up players from England. That's fine, but bringing in players who already know this league is a plus. I think it's worked particularly well for St. Mirren. Another one I'd be interested in is Jamie Walker who is complaining about not enough game time at Hearts.

16 hours ago, Shipa said:

I really hope they do. There's talk of Eetu not being used to how we play the Scottish game, only way to get him used to it is to get him playing it!

If Callum did that and Eetu put in Crawford like performances you can imagine the slaughtering he'd get. 

22 hours ago, Shipa said:

Oh god. I'm over all the "struggling to adapt to Scottish football".

What in the world makes Scottish football so special that it requires 5 months of training to comprehend? You can learn Chinese quicker. I could build an IKEA wardrobe quicker.

I'm f*cking over these "woke/PC/ millennial" b/s excuses- it sounds like the bollocks politicians say when something goes tits-up.

Instead of actually stating what the problems are, just use a generic, all-encompasing, non-offensive to the LGBTQI community & snow flake statement. "Struggling to adapt."

It's not rocket science. We play defensive, counter, use flanks, direct ball, forward press.

It's physical. Run a lot. Put tackles in. Head the ball. Make diagonal runs. Overload flanks as required. Pretty straightforward.

What exactly is the f*cking problem??? English? Who gives a f*CK. Half the players in the league don't understand shit.

Just say it! Having trouble tracking back? Positional sense? Work rate? Attitude?Teamwork?Heading? Tackling? Gender queries?

I'd fully support him (do anyway as want him to succeed) if CD just said... He's struggling tracking back/ pressing and we're working on it.

Fine. No more smokey mirrors. No more fricking speculation about game time. It's only fair to Eetu & we'd understand.

End of rant.

20 hours ago, Melbourne Saint said:

Oh god. I'm over all the "struggling to adapt to Scottish football".

What in the world makes Scottish football so special that it requires 5 months of training to comprehend? You can learn Chinese quicker. I could build an IKEA wardrobe quicker.

I'm f*cking over these "woke/PC/ millennial" b/s excuses- it sounds like the bollocks politicians say when something goes tits-up.

Instead of actually stating what the problems are, just use a generic, all-encompasing, non-offensive to the LGBTQI community & snow flake statement. "Struggling to adapt."

It's not rocket science. We play defensive, counter, use flanks, direct ball, forward press.

It's physical. Run a lot. Put tackles in. Head the ball. Make diagonal runs. Overload flanks as required. Pretty straightforward.

What exactly is the f*cking problem??? English? Who gives a f*CK. Half the players in the league don't understand shit.

Just say it! Having trouble tracking back? Positional sense? Work rate? Attitude?Teamwork?Heading? Tackling? Gender queries?

I'd fully support him (do anyway as want him to succeed) if CD just said... He's struggling tracking back/ pressing and we're working on it.

Fine. No more smokey mirrors. No more fricking speculation about game time. It's only fair to Eetu & we'd understand.

End of rant.

Sounds like someone's had a few Castlemaine XXXX too many whilst watching Rupaul boxsets

23 minutes ago, dave mc said:

£1500 a week and getting a game is better than nothing, Jody and Doobs were outwith our budget apparently,

Hes got a business hes just started thats started getting partnerships with EPL sides. I highly doubt he has any interest in adding a pittance to his pay every week to chase long balls about in Perth.

Given that we're almost into December it's .looking increasingly unlikely that Zander,, McCart & Rooney are goingt o sign new deals which means they could sign PCAs in January.  We wouldn't get any transfer fees & CD would have to find replacements in the summer. Hopefully we'll still be in the SPFL at the end of this season.

8 minutes ago, Scott1884 said:

Given that we're almost into December it's .looking increasingly unlikely that Zander,, McCart & Rooney are goingt o sign new deals which means they could sign PCAs in January.  We wouldn't get any transfer fees & CD would have to find replacements in the summer. Hopefully we'll still be in the SPFL at the end of this season.

If they don't sign & sign a PCA do we keep playing them. None of them are a Liam Craig.

45 minutes ago, RandomGuy said:

Hes got a business hes just started thats started getting partnerships with EPL sides. I highly doubt he has any interest in adding a pittance to his pay every week to chase long balls about in Perth.

Players want to play,no matter what,if they’ve the right attitude,if he’s given up so be it,but the question can be asked surely?

1 hour ago, RandomGuy said:

Aye, we'll just go out and sign a Welsh International used to earning over £10k a week.

This is the way we are trained to think. No idea if this guy is any good, but 3-6 months at say $10k/week is $120-$240k. What's that, like 10-15% of the money made from McCann? Insurance policy to try and keep in premiership, what's that worth?

20 minutes ago, Cleveland-Saint said:

This is the way we are trained to think. No idea if this guy is any good, but 3-6 months at say $10k/week is $120-$240k. What's that, like 10-15% of the money made from McCann? Insurance policy to try and keep in premiership, what's that worth?

You want us to have one player getting paid 5/6 times as much as the rest of the squad while trying to get some of them to renew.

Spending over a quarter of a million, as he'd want a signing on fee for him and his agent, on wages for one player, who hasn't played for 5 months and seemingly is all but retired as he's focussing on his business, is crazy.

Theres smarter ways to spend that money when our midfield is a complete mess and we desperately need players who can contribute over the next 2/3 years.

I honestly can only see us only signing more loanees . Is there a limit on loans as if there is we must be near ours.

Not sure what the title is of the guy that is meant identify new signings & don't think he was on board early enough to make any difference in the summer but in January we will see if he is 30 or 40 grand well spent.