Sign in to follow this  
Melbourne Saint

Saints January '22 Transfer Activity

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, weesainty said:

Cummings been told to find another club in January anyone think he’d do a job for us

If he can't score in a team like Dundee who at least try to attack & have Adam threading killer passes ,he is not going to score for us with one chance a game.

I think we could bring Ranaldo in & not score.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, weesainty said:

Cummings been told to find another club in January anyone think he’d do a job for us

A complete and utter waste of space, the only way I would have him at the club was a pay per game deal and not allowed near the changing rooms to keep his disruptive behaviour at bay.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Cagey said:

If he can't score in a team like Dundee who at least try to attack & have Adam threading killer passes ,he is not going to score for us with one chance a game.

Feel like you must have watched a different Dundee to the one I've seen this season. They're not struggling along near us at the bottom end of the league by accident.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, blueheaven said:

Feel like you must have watched a different Dundee to the one I've seen this season. They're not struggling along near us at the bottom end of the league by accident.

Dundee are not an ultra defensive team like us and have scored twice as many as us., My point is if he can't score for them he is not going to score for Saints.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Tranmere Saintee said:

A complete and utter waste of space, the only way I would have him at the club was a pay per game deal and not allowed near the changing rooms to keep his disruptive behaviour at bay.

How much would you suggest he pays us to be allowed to play?  Another condition would be he is not allowed near any penalties we might(!!!!) get.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, south inch said:

How much would you suggest he pays us to be allowed to play?  Another condition would be he is not allowed near any penalties we might(!!!!) get.

Isnt he another of these “Scottish Internationslists” that got given 7 minutes against the Isle of Wight by Bertie Vogts or somebody?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't expect a load of permanent signings. Given where we are it's going to be even more difficult than usual to get players to sign permanently for us. Personally I'm not bothered if they're long term or short term. The only priority is getting out of the hole we're in and if that means paying over the odds for a few months for a couple of players that we couldn't normally afford then that's fine by me. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Would have thought that if Cleary was coming we might have heard something today now that he is clubless. Jamie Walker would strengthen our miserable midfield so all we need to find is a striker who actually knows where the onion bag is. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, tucker said:

Jamie Walker says wants to stay at heart's so think that's ones a no chance

I'd get Matty Kennedy myself

A fit matty kennedy would fit in really well to the shape we are playing and would be a great asset to the team. Seemingly has a long term back problem though and hasn’t kicked a ball all season. Given we need folk coming in to hit the ground running I’m not sure we would go for it or its what we need if its going to take months to get him fit. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

With scoring goals being a problem for years and our limited budget I really feel that in the Summer we should have been looking at signing some youngster from one of the lower English leagues looking to make his mark. Think thats our market. Cant believe theres not youngsters out there that fitted the bill. Someone a bit rough around the edges but someone who offered something quite different to what we have.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, dave mc said:

Excellent, and I hope he is a Kerr clone!

I was particularly interested in this comment by CD, “Dan had other options with more money, but he wanted to come back to the UK to challenge himself.I really liked that about him because he could have stayed at home to pick up a wage but he’s keen to push himself.”

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Saintdunc said:

Excellent, and I hope he is a Kerr clone!

I was particularly interested in this comment by CD, “Dan had other options with more money, but he wanted to come back to the UK to challenge himself.I really liked that about him because he could have stayed at home to pick up a wage but he’s keen to push himself.”

League of Ireland paying more than Scottish clubs ?.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, blueheaven said:

How do you know that all the "other options with more money" were from the League of Ireland?

It was in reference to the comment that Dan had other options with more money but he wanted to come back to UK.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Shamrock Rovers were linked with him, you'll probably find a club like Larne were too.

Irish clubs seem to spend more than you expect them to these days. Dundalk got themselves into a lot of financial bother.

Edited by RandomGuy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/18/2021 at 12:43 PM, blueheaven said:

Feel like you must have watched a different Dundee to the one I've seen this season. They're not struggling along near us at the bottom end of the league by accident.

Dundee are not an ultra defensive team like us and have scored twice as many as us., My point is if he can't score for them he is not going to score for Saints.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Millwall looking again in January whether to recall Muller. I would assume Dendonker & Devines clubs will be doing the same.

Hopefully Middleton's as well.

We do need to free off a few loans in order to get in our new striker.

With Saints lack of use of our loanees ,clubs may not want to loan to Saints.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, Cagey said:

Millwall looking again in January whether to recall Muller. I would assume Dendonker & Devines clubs will be doing the same.

Hopefully Middleton's as well.

We do need to free off a few loans in order to get in our new striker.

With Saints lack of use of our loanees ,clubs may not want to loan to Saints.

Yeah it was pretty pointless signing so many loanees and then not playing them.They were predominantly defensive players as well  when it was offensive players we were short on

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, saintee in exile said:

Yeah it was pretty pointless signing so many loanees and then not playing them.They were predominantly defensive players as well  when it was offensive players we were short on

Who could have foreseen that young defenders with zero experience would not be ready for our first team?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this