Sign in to follow this  
Melbourne Saint

Saints January '22 Transfer Activity

Recommended Posts

13 minutes ago, RandomGuy said:

Devine and Dendoncker away back to their clubs.

Dendoncker was to be expected with Cleary arriving. Presumably if Devine is away we've got a LB/LWB coming in as cover for Booth.

Both of them did ok but were never going to push for a first team place. Best of luck to them for the future.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Cagey said:

No surprise.

I wonder if clubs will be happy to loan players to us if they don't get much game time.

We also need to improve who we bring in so they make an impact. These guys were out of their depth here.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, rik2304 said:

We also need to improve who we bring in so they make an impact. These guys were out of their depth here.

Contacts. Saints don't seem to have scouts or even individuals who can find a gem for us in the whole UK.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, south inch said:

I was amazed to read this about Buck.  I then reread his daughter's brilliant tribute to him in which she mentions Buck arguing against a warning for pulling back Aberdeen's then keeper, Bobby Clark.  Given that he still had a piece of Clark's jersey in his hand at the time his unblemished record is perhaps not as surprising as it seems.

I remember that like yesterday.  Buck was the picture of innocence, Clark was furious, mainly because his shirt was in ribbons it took a while to find him another goalie shirt.  Seem to remember he had a red Aberdeen shirt under the goalie shirt, but in these days no sub goalie to hand over a fresh yellow or green one.  That might we ll have been the same day Jimmy Donaldson rushed from his goal to quell an attack up the right wing by Aberdeen and caught their winger (ID I forget) with a two fisted punch to the side of the head.  He didn't even stop walking knowing he was certainly going off.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Slightly surprised to see Dendoncker has gone back. He isn't ready to be a first team regular, but with Cleary in the door would have been a suitable back up. Wonder if that means Muller stays?

I think both Dendoncker and Devine had their contracts up at the end of the season and wouldn't be against them coming back in the summer though I doubt the chances of that are very high.

Nice to see McMillan talking relatively nicely about his stay here, I did wonder what he would have said to Cleary about his time with us and whether Saints would be a good option.

On the likes of Rudden....I don't see that quality of player being the ones that keep us away from the drop. Is his goal scoring any better than Hendry in the Championship? Reckon we need a much higher quality of player, as difficult as it may be to get them in.

What's the story on Viv....I would have thought the club would have confirmed he was away now....or does it suggest we are talking to him about an extension?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, MrBored said:

On the likes of Rudden....I don't see that quality of player being the ones that keep us away from the drop. Is his goal scoring any better than Hendry in the Championship?

Rudden: 7 goals in 17 games, a goal every 158 minutes.

Hendry: 4 goals in 11 games, a goal every 168 minutes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Cagey said:

No surprise.

I wonder if clubs will be happy to loan players to us if they don't get much game time.

They got 6 games each, which is exactly six more then they would have got with their parent clubs. That’s probably more than the average for cover players.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Hospital Radio Perth said:

I remember that like yesterday.  Buck was the picture of innocence, Clark was furious, mainly because his shirt was in ribbons it took a while to find him another goalie shirt.  Seem to remember he had a red Aberdeen shirt under the goalie shirt, but in these days no sub goalie to hand over a fresh yellow or green one.  That might we ll have been the same day Jimmy Donaldson rushed from his goal to quell an attack up the right wing by Aberdeen and caught their winger (ID I forget) with a two fisted punch to the side of the head.  He didn't even stop walking knowing he was certainly going off.

Possibly Joe Harper, although not a winger!

Edited by Saintdunc

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, MrBored said:

Slightly surprised to see Dendoncker has gone back. He isn't ready to be a first team regular, but with Cleary in the door would have been a suitable back up.

I think both Dendoncker and Devine had their contracts up at the end of the season and wouldn't be against them coming back in the summer though I doubt the chances of that are very high.

REALLY?????

Those two defenders absolutely reek of relegation fodder.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, R.B.B:- Adz said:

REALLY?????

Those two defenders absolutely reek of relegation fodder.

Punted out to the first desperate team that needed them and that was us. Obviously not ready to play above U23 level. They might never make it but “to reek of relegation fodder” is not only harsh but disingenuous. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, R.B.B:- Adz said:

REALLY?????

Those two defenders absolutely reek of relegation fodder.

I think this is harsh. They are both very young, and if they were our own players, I'd be expecting them to become good first-team players in the coming years. Dendonker was thrown in at the deep-end though and wasn't ready yet.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, RandomGuy said:

Rudden: 7 goals in 17 games, a goal every 158 minutes.

Hendry: 4 goals in 11 games, a goal every 168 minutes.

Cheers. Not much between the two based on that. Hendry was on pens I seem to recall, not sure on Rudden.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Saintdunc said:

Punted out to the first desperate team that needed them and that was us. Obviously not ready to play above U23 level. They might never make it but “to reek of relegation fodder” is not only harsh but disingenuous. 

 

6 minutes ago, Linky said:

I think this is harsh. They are both very young, and if they were our own players, I'd be expecting them to become good first-team players in the coming years. Dendonker was thrown in at the deep-end though and wasn't ready yet.

I’ll rephrase then, if we had kept both of these players, I believe building a squad with players of that ability would condemn us to relegation.

The angriest I have seen Callum Davidson was when he almost subbed Devine off after 5 minutes - he just didn’t understand the system and was like a lost wee boy. Macca talked him out of it as they looked to the bench behind them, one of which was Dendonker, and decided that they didn’t have the personnel to change things.

Neither player has shown enough quality in a first team capacity to suggest that they would be able to cope at Premiership level next season.

Edited by R.B.B:- Adz

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, R.B.B:- Adz said:

REALLY?????

Those two defenders absolutely reek of relegation fodder.

Not sure on that. Devine didn't get much of a chance. A mistake in the Gala game (I think) but other than that not sure he was that bad.

On Dendoncker, yes at the moment he isn't ready for first team regular football, but I reckon there is a player there that if he had someone to help him through the game would improve. Feel our current difficulties haven't helped him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, TheMarkChristie said:

Liam Shaw incoming (allegedly)

 

 

 

 

 

Must have been highly rated to get a 4 year contract with Celtic. Doesn't look good to be allowed to leave after 6 months. Guy will need a big pay off from Celtic to give up 3.5 years of good wages.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this