Sign in to follow this  
Melbourne Saint

Saints January '22 Transfer Activity

4 hours ago, akuram said:

Do we never sign strikers?

Surely all our signings from now have to be strikers.

We don't only need strikers though, do we? Our central midfield is a mess and in desperate need of some quality and energy. We're also distinctly lacking on the left-hand side of our defence.

52 minutes ago, Indicator said:

Given both Geoff and Steve's historical penchant for frugality with regards all things St Johnstone how on earth did this deal get to the stage it now has.

Fair enough a shorter term trial period, as has been suggested periodically throughout this thread but, 2024? :?

This is what Scott Boyd's role is now. There will be a budget and i would be surprised if Brown has any dealings in this now

Absolutely amazed at the Crawford deal. As an option off the bench, at best, I wasn't against the idea of him seeing out the season with us. But to sign him up until 2024? Wow. I hope he's much better as a permanent player than he's proven thus far as a loanee.

We've all seen Crawford pull up shy of the tougher tackles, very obvious, hence this outrage that he's not a guy to help us fight against a drop. I think we all have seen he has some quality also though.

Is there any examples of players not going all in until a contract is signed (to protect against injury) and until they see a club is sticking to promises of a contract they had made? 

I know Abernathy will be up my arse on this.... "but in the US" we are seeing players protecting themselves more and more from injuries, recently in the college ball games, a bunch of players refused to play so as not to risk their nfl careers.

26 minutes ago, tucker said:

Been a saints fan for forty years but if is the quality coming in were relegated 

61 years for me and tomorrow I hope someone pulls a special rabbit out of the hat with a gem to make us all happy again.

3 minutes ago, Cleveland-Saint said:

We've all seen Crawford pull up shy of the tougher tackles, very obvious, hence this outrage that he's not a guy to help us fight against a drop. I think we all have seen he has some quality also though.

Is there any examples of players not going all in until a contract is signed (to protect against injury) and until they see a club is sticking to promises of a contract they had made? 

I know Abernathy will be up my arse on this.... "but in the US" we are seeing players protecting themselves more and more from injuries, recently in the college ball games, a bunch of players refused to play so as not to risk their nfl careers.

Ian McPhee could be like Jim Baxter on his day and Stanley Baxter when not! We live in hope!

Edited by Saintdunc

24 minutes ago, tucker said:

McGrath to.dons looking likely wonder if Kennedy will go to st mirren a player I would take back if fit

Being rumoured hes been offered as part of the deal.

Hes had recurring back injuries which have kept him out for a long time at Aberdeen.

There must be something I’m not seeing. Are we changing our formation to suit him better or something? Is there a striker on his way who can link up with his style of play in particular? Does Davidson have a master plan? I don’t get it. If 99% of fans can see what a terrible signing this is, why not him?

I honestly thought Callum Davidson was a great footballing brain, but this season has just been baffling decision after baffling decision….

Rewarding failure is a very worrying trait!

Think Crawford was always going to sign. Everything was pointing towards that. Davidson likes him, he has said that he was enjoying playing for Saints. Length of the contract seems unusual for a club in our position but there could be more to that than we know.

I also doubt very much that McCart will be getting dropped or that the club dont want to extend his time at Saints.

Just need to get behind the team.

Signing a goalscorer is going to be vital to staying up.

Edited by Rob