Saints January '22 Transfer Activity

Melbourne Saint

17 minutes ago, RandomGuy said:

He scored 8 last season. 20 in the 3 seasons before this one.

No striker will be leaving IMO.

This season he has scored once, 8 in the Turkish second division last season, none in the Turkish top league the season before.

18/19 was a good season for him with 12.

4 in the season before that (17/18), none 16/17.

I don't think it's a bad signing, but his record is up and down. If it works, he seems to be capable of getting double figures in a decent league.

Our problem this season has been in not getting the ball in to areas that strikers can score from. We could have Lukaku as our striker and he would fail to score the way we have played. I’m hopeful our new signings will provide us more controlled footy leading to increased scoring opportunities but must say slightly underwhelmed by Cifti rumours

20 minutes ago, Broggy Man said:

Hope he has lost weight last time I saw him on Turkish tv he looked like a beached whale 

He can look like bloody Anne Widdecombe for all I care as long as he can put the ball in the net.

He's only 29 as well. Thought he was a lot older

Edited by templeofsaints

I mean... Considering the fact that I've been fearful of what Callum Davidson might deem acceptable as a striker target, I'd be very happy with Nadir Ciftci. He's surely a better striker than anyone we've currently got and he's probably a better striker than any other striker in the relegation battle. 

Edited by The Real Saints

1 minute ago, The Real Saints said:

I mean... Considering the fact that I've been fearful of what Callum Davidson might deem acceptable as a striker target, I'd be very happy with Nadir Ciftci. He's surely a better striker than anyone we've currently got and he's probably a better striker than any other striker in the relegation battle. 

Can't see him having much of a defensive interest though. 

7 minutes ago, The Real Saints said:

You’re on the wind up eh???!!?!

C30D88DC-D1AB-44A3-AF08-D4539BF30CEF.jpeg

92364C6A-D76A-4A37-9CDF-2BDA9697FF2C.jpeg

1 minute ago, rik2304 said:

True. I guess the question is 'If Nadir Ciftci tries to flick the ball to a teammate but loses it to the opposition instead, is he a financially viable signing? Are his wages worth 45 minutes of action in total?'.

There's a lot to consider really.

Has Devine left? Haven't seen anything official about him. Gallacher coming in would suggest he has. TG will hopefully offer a bit more of an attacking option on the left and put a bit of pressure on Booth.

The Ciftci of a number of years ago when he signed for Celtic, yes, no problem. The current version....can't say I am particularly sure that is going to work out.

5 minutes ago, rik2304 said:

Thats not necessarily a bad thing - be nice to have a striker that just stays up the park and gives our panicking defence something to aim their clearances at rather than just into space only for the ball to come back at them 10 seconds later.

2 minutes ago, MrBored said:

Has Devine left? Haven't seen anything official about him. Gallacher coming in would suggest he has. TG will hopefully offer a bit more of an attacking option on the left and put a bit of pressure on Booth.

Devine and Dendoncker away and Muller is on the way home although that last one hasn't been confirmed. Efe free to speak to other clubs as well apparently.

10 minutes ago, Abernethy Saint said:

I think you’re reading the appearances column by mistake…..

No, I didn't read it at all because it is inaccurate and doesn't include his most recent club. He scored 7 goals in 25 appearances for Samsunspor in the 2020/21 season and 11 goals in 43 appearances for Genclerbirligi between 2018-20.

Edited by The Real Saints

12 minutes ago, templeofsaints said:

Thats not necessarily a bad thing - be nice to have a striker that just stays up the park and gives our panicking defence something to aim their clearances at rather than just into space only for the ball to come back at them 10 seconds later.

I've no problems with it but Callum doesn't seem keen.

13 minutes ago, templeofsaints said:

Davidson expects his striker to defend 1st attack 2nd.

3 minutes ago, The Real Saints said:

No, I didn't read it at all because it is inaccurate and doesn't include his most recent club. He has scored 7 goals in 25 appearances for Samsunspor this season and 11 goals in 43 appearances for Genclerbirligi between 2018-20.

Cheers. Can’t see us getting much better than that, unless we go into the lower leagues. Isn’t there a guy at Cove who scores a hat-trick every day before breakfast?