Sign in to follow this  
Melbourne Saint

Saints January '22 Transfer Activity

Recommended Posts

14 minutes ago, Cagey said:

Davidson's transfer activity does not inspire confidence.

Summer.

Vertainen . fee paid ,little game time.

Crawford. Loan.

McPherson. Loan

Muller. Loan.

Dendonker. Loan.

Devine . Loan.

Middleton. Loan.

MID SEASON.

Ambrose. No Club.

Viv. No Club.

Butterfield. No Club.

January. So far.

Crawford. Loan now permanent.

Gallagher. 2.5 year deal.

Ciftci. No club,deal to end of season.

Not looking good so far.

Think I got them all but may have missed a gem.

Clearly missing one !

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, garydavidson said:

 

They obviously have another signing to announce hopefully they can pull a rabbit out of the hat and it will be a quality player like a Allan K or a Sergei or even a Paul Wright quality striker looking for a game or a young player like a phizzy Scott 

Dreams costs nothing in the transfer window haha 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, pezza70 said:

They obviously have another signing to announce hopefully they can pull a rabbit out of the hat and it will be a quality player like a Allan K or a Sergei or even a Paul Wright quality striker looking for a game or a young player like a phizzy Scott 

Dreams costs nothing in the transfer window haha 

That's just a fan's twitter account. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Cagey said:

Davidson's transfer activity does not inspire confidence.

Summer.

Vertainen . fee paid ,little game time.

Crawford. Loan.

McPherson. Loan

Muller. Loan.

Dendonker. Loan.

Devine . Loan.

Middleton. Loan.

MID SEASON.

Ambrose. No Club.

Viv. No Club.

Butterfield. No Club.

January. So far.

Crawford. Loan now permanent.

Gallagher. 2.5 year deal.

Ciftci. No club,deal to end of season.

Not looking good so far.

Think I got them all but may have missed a gem.

I Cleary cocked up there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A few talking about putting Eetu out on loan. In normal circumstances it might have been an idea, get him use to Scottish football but with the covid situation that can clearly wipe out half your team probably best not to loan out any more. Depends really if any more strikers come in. Dont think we would get his wages paid if he went anywhere.

Edited by Rob

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, blueheaven said:

That may well all be true but this is the situation we find ourselves in when we decide to delay on building a team until (a) it's midway through the season so the majority of players are tied up, and (b) we're bottom of the league so have lost our pulling power. Basically, we're having to take gambles, and this guy is a massive gamble. It's a disgrace that we're in this position, but that's where we are.

Personally I don't have a great feeling about this but really we have to give these new guys a chance and get behind them.

 

I can honestly say that in the 75 years I have supported Saints I have always got behind every player who has worn our colours and won't be changing now.  My fear is tis guy will be a distraction to our efforts not a help.  The official welcome, which understandably tries to put a positive slant on the signing, fails to offer much hope.  We will see, Cleary and Gallagher sound good bets and hopefully Crawford will respond well to his new contract.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, south inch said:

I can honestly say that in the 75 years I have supported Saints I have always got behind every player who has worn our colours and won't be changing now.  My fear is tis guy will be a distraction to our efforts not a help.  The official welcome, which understandably tries to put a positive slant on the signing, fails to offer much hope.  We will see, Cleary and Gallagher sound good bets and hopefully Crawford will respond well to his new contract.

Crikey! Somebody's older than me.:laugh:

Looking forward to seeing Cleary and Gallagher performing, not so much Crawford, who needs to UP his game.

C.o.y.s.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, HOODLUM65 said:

Crikey! Somebody's older than me.:laugh:

Looking forward to seeing Cleary and Gallagher performing, not so much Crawford, who needs to UP his game.

C.o.y.s.

If this was the Summer window I would be a lot happier, because of pre-season friendlies and Mickey Mouse cups. We still need to strengthen our midfield, get a winger, another striker and possibly a keeper. Is the money he has been given being wisely spent as much of it appears so rushed and not researched? It would also appear, from what I have read, that our Turk was recruited in Turkey and offered a contract whilst still over there! Today there has been silence and I hope that this is a time to reflect, slow down, and take stock. 
 

I could be wrong of course.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, HOODLUM65 said:

Crikey! Somebody's older than me.:laugh:

Looking forward to seeing Cleary and Gallagher performing, not so much Crawford, who needs to UP his game.

C.o.y.s.

Are you allowing for the 5 years before I started to support them when arguably I had more sense?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, pezza70 said:

They obviously have another signing to announce hopefully they can pull a rabbit out of the hat and it will be a quality player like a Allan K or a Sergei or even a Paul Wright quality striker looking for a game or a young player like a phizzy Scott 

Dreams costs nothing in the transfer window haha 

I was just thinking about Paul Wright today actually. I feel like that’s the sort of signing we need.

We paid £300,000 for Billy Dodds, £275,000 for Paul Wright, £275,000 for Paul Hartley.

That is the sort of signing we need to be pulling out of the bag.

Are any of those types of players out there?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Cagey said:

Davidson's transfer activity does not inspire confidence.

Summer.

Vertainen . fee paid ,little game time.

Crawford. Loan.

McPherson. Loan

Muller. Loan.

Dendonker. Loan.

Devine . Loan.

Middleton. Loan.

MID SEASON.

Ambrose. No Club.

Viv. No Club.

Butterfield. No Club.

January. So far.

Crawford. Loan now permanent.

Gallagher. 2.5 year deal.

Ciftci. No club,deal to end of season.

Not looking good so far.

Think I got them all but may have missed a gem.

Butterfield technically had a club as it was end of season in Aus.

Edited by saintgscot

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/5/2022 at 8:17 PM, Evansabove said:

I know I’m a fat lazy bar steward but what’s the stats for Tony Watt who is only known by 1 goal and downing tools when he can’t be fecked. 

4.38 games per goal...

 

 

Years Team Apps (Gls)
2010–2011 Airdrie United 15 (3)
2011–2014 Celtic 25 (7)
2013–2014  Lierse (loan) 15 (9)
2014–2015 Standard Liège 13 (2)
2015–2017 Charlton Athletic 53 (9)
2015–2016  Cardiff City (loan) 9 (2)
2016  Blackburn Rovers (loan) 9 (1)
2016  Heart of Midlothian (loan) 16 (1)
2017–2018 OH Leuven 11 (1)
2018–2019 St Johnstone 29 (3)
2019–2020 CSKA Sofia 13 (3)
2020–2022 Motherwell 58 (13)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, MySpazz said:

4.38 games per goal...

 

 

Years Team Apps (Gls)
2010–2011 Airdrie United 15 (3)
2011–2014 Celtic 25 (7)
2013–2014  Lierse (loan) 15 (9)
2014–2015 Standard Liège 13 (2)
2015–2017 Charlton Athletic 53 (9)
2015–2016  Cardiff City (loan) 9 (2)
2016  Blackburn Rovers (loan) 9 (1)
2016  Heart of Midlothian (loan) 16 (1)
2017–2018 OH Leuven 11 (1)
2018–2019 St Johnstone 29 (3)
2019–2020 CSKA Sofia 13 (3)
2020–2022 Motherwell 58 (13)

You went to the Grammar so you obviously used a calculator , Does it show how many games of FIFA he’s played when he should’ve been training . 

Edited by Evansabove

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this