Saints January '22 Transfer Activity

Melbourne Saint

4 hours ago, chips said:

Dunno if this rules still applies, think it was put in place due to covid issues...as usual I'm probably wrong 

Screenshot_20220108-222204_Chrome.jpg

Apparently a player can register for 3 clubs in the same season, but can only play for two.

Apologies for not reading through all of the previous comments.

12 hours ago, R.B.B:- Adz said:

Regan Slater, defensive midfielder from Sheffield United worth a 5 month loan deal if we promise Sheffield United to play him “X” number of games ?

No. Not seen him play,  but no way should we guarantee game time to any player, far less a loanee.

3 minutes ago, mainstand said:

to be fair you wrote exactly the same about Zander last season and used the same dubious stats. 

TBF to RG if the Cambridge keeper were to keep up that form he showed consistently them clubs would be interested in him.

Just like Zander. His form was poor but now it's not. Hence the Scotland call ups and other clubs wanting him. Because he's been consistently excellent this season.

A little bit surprised Rangers didnt try and put a bid in for Zander. Maybe bitter about the header in the Semi final last season. He's been our best player this season, his weakness has been when hes had to clear it with his feet, dont know much about the Utd keeper if thats an area he is good at.

35 minutes ago, Saintdunc said:

I hope so as it has hardly been inspiring so far.

As much as I believe we will sign 3 or 4 players yet I'm puzzled why you think it's hardly been inspiring!

In my opinion its been pretty decent for first week in January 

The fact we have 2 very promising signings in pivotal positions on 2.5 year deals shows intent on both additions and bringing age down

Ok those players may not turn out to be successful but its a move in right direction and can't imagine any of the two will be on anything other than hefty wages by Saints standards 

That's before mentioning an experienced striker, again a bit of a gamble but he too will be on decent wage 

With about 3 weeks of the window left we have also made extensions so why in your opinion is it uninspiring?Would love to know your expectations in notoriously difficult  January transfer window 

I think we have done OK to date

59 minutes ago, Rob said:

A little bit surprised Rangers didnt try and put a bid in for Zander. Maybe bitter about the header in the Semi final last season. He's been our best player this season, his weakness has been when hes had to clear it with his feet, dont know much about the Utd keeper if thats an area he is good at.

TFOD been linked with a pre contract deal for Siegrist at Utd. If they get him that will kill their interest in Zander IMHO

3 minutes ago, templeofsaints said:

TFOD been linked with a pre contract deal for Siegrist at Utd. If they get him that will kill their interest in Zander IMHO

Is it my imagination or did Zanders improvement start as soon as Tommy left the club? TW used to like to nail his feet to the goal line.

51 minutes ago, Tranmere Saintee said:

Is it my imagination or did Zanders improvement start as soon as Tommy left the club? TW used to like to nail his feet to the goal line.

That's a stretch. Zander started coming in to his own and really started to command his box as soon as the defense settled down in to a solid unit who were communicating well and marshalled by our ex captain.

23 minutes ago, SaintJet said:

That's a stretch. Zander started coming in to his own and really started to command his box as soon as the defense settled down in to a solid unit who were communicating well and marshalled by our ex captain.

Was gonna say the same . Watched a game on Saturday where the young keeper looked really dodgy . Was shot of confidence and just made mistakes every attack . In turn the defence looked shaky . He was injured in the first half and replaced with an even younger lad who just commanded his area much better and didn’t have anything else to do the rest of the match . It was some transformation. 
  Don’t think Zander has been that nervous keeper for a long time thankfully . 

1 hour ago, Indicator said:

Prepare for a lowball/derisory bid in the last two or three days of the window. Plenty of time yet.

They know how its done.

Yep I'm afraid if a player wants to leave we won't stand in their way regardless of a low ball offer.We have made  our soft underbelly too visible to play hard ball