Saints January '22 Transfer Activity

Melbourne Saint

2 hours ago, RandomGuy said:

Sure their season has just ended so contracts maybe expire at the end of November or December?

I don't think we could play him until January anyway, as he won't be able to be registered until then.

If we sign him, which the report makes clear hasn't happened yet.

If he's potentially coming in January, it might be that Muller is being recalled, or is Ambrose's contract only until Jan? Unless we are doing the unthinkable and possibly bringing someone in, without a player leaving.

Makes sense that we're being linked with defenders. Can't see any of Muller, Devine, Dendoncker or Ambrose being with us next season and Rooney and McCart could be away too.

If we were to sign someone like Cleary in January it would give him time to settle in to the club before he's actually needed.

Have to say that, despite the occasional goal, I am getting a bit tired of Ali Crawford's displays. He's light as a feather, and his decision making can be poor. I think most of the time we're probably playing him out of position. I'd prefer us to look elsewhere. Kennedy and Wright are still available.

11 minutes ago, Linky said:

Have to say that, despite the occasional goal, I am getting a bit tired of Ali Crawford's displays. He's light as a feather, and his decision making can be poor. I think most of the time we're probably playing him out of position. I'd prefer us to look elsewhere. Kennedy and Wright are still available.

I'd really like for us to try to get Matty Kennedy back. Wouldn't be against seeing Drey Wright back here either. I thought we played some really good attacking football when we had those two in the team.

1 hour ago, blueheaven said:

I'd really like for us to try to get Matty Kennedy back. Wouldn't be against seeing Drey Wright back here either. I thought we played some really good attacking football when we had those two in the team.

Kennedy perhaps but Wright flattered to deceive.

1 g 1 a. But we do have a tendency to go back for players. It's a big wide world out there with lots of footballers.

3 hours ago, blueheaven said:

Both would fit into last seasons system. Hibs were wanting to off load Wright in summer and Kennedy seems to be out of the picture with Dons unless he is injured.

At least we know what we would be getting with them.

15 hours ago, rik2304 said:

Kennedy perhaps but Wright flattered to deceive.

1 g 1 a. But we do have a tendency to go back for players. It's a big wide world out there with lots of footballers.

I really liked Wright and I'm aware of those stats but I think we all saw how good a player he was capable of being. Whether he could still be that player is something I don't know, but he's still only 26. I also think he'd be a good fit for our system as he could play either right-wing back (something we'll need if Rooney leaves in the summer) or on the right of a front three.

That said, I wouldn't be at all surprised to see him end up at Killie. And what we haven't seen yet is whether Callum shares Tommy's tendency of going back for players for have already played for us.

Wright and Kennedy have both barely played over the past 2 years, both have injury niggles (Kennedy with a seemingly recurring back.injury that's he's still out with), and both will be earning well beyond us so would want to be at the top end of our payscale. 

It's time to move on from these types for me.

19 minutes ago, Linky said:

Apparently Davidson is scouring the free transfer market for a striker/winger. Not sure what this says (if anything) about Eetu.

There isn't much out there though, so welcome to the club Steven Lawless/Anthony Stokes.

He also said that 'other players will get their chance now so it'll be up to them to take it' with a suggestion he'd maybe change tactics to suit availability and be a bit more positive. I think it's an obvious Eetu reference with a hint at him not suiting the way we currently play. Hopefully being forced into changing things will bring that spark we need with a system that gives Eetu the chance to play and show what he can do. 

3 hours ago, RandomGuy said:

Wright and Kennedy have both barely played over the past 2 years, both have injury niggles (Kennedy with a seemingly recurring back.injury that's he's still out with), and both will be earning well beyond us so would want to be at the top end of our payscale. 

It's time to move on from these types for me.

Given previous posts that is them both signed in January:laugh:

2 hours ago, Sergei said:

He also said that 'other players will get their chance now so it'll be up to them to take it' with a suggestion he'd maybe change tactics to suit availability and be a bit more positive. I think it's an obvious Eetu reference with a hint at him not suiting the way we currently play. Hopefully being forced into changing things will bring that spark we need with a system that gives Eetu the chance to play and show what he can do. 

Hopefully your last sentence is correct but I will be surprised if Eetu starts.

30 minutes ago, Cagey said:

Hopefully your last sentence is correct but I will be surprised if Eetu starts.

The club will be slaughtered if we don’t start the Hibs game with a recognised striker. As Eetu is our only a available striker I’m fairly sure he will start Saturday. Could be wrong though. 

personally I’m looking forward to seeing a different option up front, just hope the fans give him a chance to settle in to the game! 

49 minutes ago, John Bonham said:

The club will be slaughtered if we don’t start the Hibs game with a recognised striker. As Eetu is our only a available striker I’m fairly sure he will start Saturday. Could be wrong though. 
personally I’m looking forward to seeing a different option up front, just hope the fans give him a chance to settle in to the game! 

I wouldn't be too surprised if it's MOH.

Should be an interesting game on Saturday. Wasnt meant to be going, the wee lad wants to see Ghostbusters instead LAUGH OUT LOUD (insert joke here) but the good chances of changes up front is intriguing. I'll maybe decide 2.00pm on Saturday once the lineups announced.

1 hour ago, Linky said:

I wouldn't be too surprised if it's MOH.

I hope not. I really like MOH but he’s not an out and out striker, much better wide. 

thing is, if we play MOH through the middle who plays wide? We only have MOH and Crawford  currently fit who can play either side of a striker, so if MOH plays through the middle you would probably be looking at changing shape to accommodate that as you wouldn’t have 2 fit players to play either side of him.