Saints players on loan

Tranmere Saintee

8 hours ago, garydavidson said:

https://www.thecourier.co.uk/fp/sport/football/st-johnstone/2892168/barry-ferguson-charlie-gilmour-st-johnstone/

Barry Ferguson: St Johnstone midfielder Charlie Gilmour ‘has everything’ to go to ‘top of the game’

Wee Baz knows a thing or two about being a narky centre midfielder who can grab a game by the scruff of the neck. Hopefully he can shape Charlie.

5 hours ago, Tranmere Saintee said:

Did respond but haven’t a clue what happened to it. I’d be interested to know how many full 90 minutes he has played for any of his clubs since arriving at Saints.

Sine joining its.

St Johnstone - 5 full games (Betfred Cup Groups x3, Betfred Cup x1, Scottish Premiership x1)

Brechin City  - 3 full games (League One x3)

Kilmarnock - 1 full game (Scottish Championship)

Aberdeen - 1 full game (Scottish Premiership)

19 minutes ago, RandomGuy said:

Sine joining its.

St Johnstone - 5 full games (Betfred Cup Groups x3, Betfred Cup x1, Scottish Premiership x1)

Are you counting that match as “playing” against Arbroath… one of the worst individual footballing performances I have seen from Callum Hendry at Gayfield.

38 minutes ago, R.B.B:- Adz said:

Are you counting that match as “playing” against Arbroath… one of the worst individual footballing performances I have seen from Callum Hendry at Gayfield.

Yeah I think that game signalled the end for him, really. 120 minutes and I doubt anyone who watched the game can even remember him playing. I know I constantly forget he actually played the whole game.

10 hours ago, RandomGuy said:

Sine joining its.

That’s an incredible stat. LC groups are glorified pre season friendlies so he’s had 7 total starts and only 2 Premiership starts in 3 years? 

32 minutes ago, Pat McGroin said:

That’s an incredible stat. LC groups are glorified pre season friendlies so he’s had 7 total starts and only 2 Premiership starts in 3 years? 

I'd think he's had more starts than that (the stats posted were for full games rather than starts). He's certainly started more than one Premiership game for Saints.

He made 5 starts and 8 subs appearances in 18-19 with no 90 minutes - not many strikers did play 90 minutes in that period though. Tony Watt played 5 full games, Chris Kane 14, Kennedy 11, O'Halloran 4.

I don't have stats for 19-20 but in 20-21 he played one full game and started 10, with 11 subs appearances. For context O'Halloran played 8 full games, started an additional 7 and came on 16 times. May played 7 full games, started an additional 16 and came on 22 times. Kane played the full 90 4 times with an additional 20 starts and 16 subs appearances.

Those stats include the cup games too.

Edited by garydavidson

11 hours ago, Tranmere Saintee said:

Thanks, that just confirmed my thoughts that he doesn’t appear to have 90 minutes in him which must pose a question over his fitness levels.

Do many strikers, given the modern game, actually play 90 mins. Be interesting to see how many games our other strikers have played for 90 mins. 

32 minutes ago, mainstand said:

Do many strikers, given the modern game, actually play 90 mins. Be interesting to see how many games our other strikers have played for 90 mins. 

21 hours ago, garydavidson said:

He made 5 starts and 8 subs appearances in 18-19 with no 90 minutes - not many strikers did play 90 minutes in that period though. Tony Watt played 5 full games, Chris Kane 14, Kennedy 11, O'Halloran 4.

I don't have stats for 19-20 but in 20-21 he played one full game and started 10, with 11 subs appearances. For context O'Halloran played 8 full games, started an additional 7 and came on 16 times. May played 7 full games, started an additional 16 and came on 22 times. Kane played the full 90 4 times with an additional 20 starts and 16 subs appearances.

Those stats include the cup games too.