St.Johnstone V Hibernian - Saturday 27th November

SaintJet

Hibs visiting with a spring in their step after reaching another cup final. 

We have serious problems with key players missing; no Kane, May, Middelton, Wotherspoon among others who are carrying knocks. We really are up against it this week and I have real concersns about us being able to get something from this match. We have a pretty tasking schedule on the horizon so we better be switched on.

Liam back to bolster our midfield in what will be a battle but we need to have someone, ( maybe our elusive new striker ) step up and get some goals.

I'm looking forward to this one. We've no reason to fear Hibs and I'm hoping the enforced changes to personnel up front will freshen us up and make us a bit less predictable. Callum's central midfield selection should be interesting: could be any two from MacPherson, Bryson, Davidson and Craig.

I'm predicting:

________________Clark

_______Brown__Gordon__McCart

Rooney__Davidson__Bryson__Booth

_____MOH__Vertainen__Crawford

1 hour ago, blueheaven said:

I'm looking forward to this one. We've no reason to fear Hibs and I'm hoping the enforced changes to personnel up front will freshen us up and make us a bit less predictable. Callum's central midfield selection should be interesting: could be any two from MacPherson, Bryson, Davidson and Craig.

I'm predicting:

________________Clark

_______Brown__Gordon__McCart

Rooney__Davidson__Bryson__Booth

_____MOH__Vertainen__Crawford

That’s the line up I think we’ll see but I did notice Booth holding and stretching out his back towards the end of the cup semi so wonder if he’s carrying a knock. If so, and with the heavy fixture schedule coming up he might not be risked and we could see the Devine (who I like what I have seen of him) at LWB? 

40 minutes ago, John Bonham said:

That’s the line up I think we’ll see but I did notice Booth holding and stretching out his back towards the end of the cup semi so wonder if he’s carrying a knock. If so, and with the heavy fixture schedule coming up he might not be risked and we could see the Devine (who I like what I have seen of him) at LWB? 

Fair shout. Hope Booth makes it, it would be good to have some continuity at least at the back.

48 minutes ago, Stumpy1966 said:

Noticed Devine wasn’t in the semi pool of players. Injured???

I think it might just be the case that there's too many defenders to give them all a place on the bench. I've noticed Davidson seems to be rotating which of our on-loan defenders are named on the bench of late.

If you assume Aberdeen and Hibs recover, we have to finish above DU, Motherwell & St Mirren to get top 6. That currently means catching up 10 points. Not impossible & we’ve done it before.  
Top  4, and probably top 5, means Europe - that might be beyond us this year. The top league is arguably the strongest it could be at present, so 8th - 10th is no disgrace for a rebuilding year. I see little or no chance of relegation.

I probably shouldn’t have said that.

1 hour ago, Abernethy Saint said:

If you assume Aberdeen and Hibs recover, we have to finish above DU, Motherwell & St Mirren to get top 6. That currently means catching up 10 points. Not impossible & we’ve done it before.  
Top  4, and probably top 5, means Europe - that might be beyond us this year. The top league is arguably the strongest it could be at present, so 8th - 10th is no disgrace for a rebuilding year. I see little or no chance of relegation.

I probably shouldn’t have said that.

Ah but a successful defence of our Scottish Cup would still mean European Football - again Abernethy.

47 minutes ago, SlickDT said:

Quick question- a friend of mines kid wants to join me at the game on Saturday. Is it still the case as a season ticket holder that I can get two under 12s in for free?

Do they not have to be named at purchase of the card ?. Or maybe even have a card of their own.

Hibs will make the top 6 IMO. They're having a bad run but any team with their quality would need to have an absolute disaster to finish that low.

Motherwell the likeliest to fall out the top half but points tally they already have means that's not guaranteed.

I think Aberdeen have a larger chance of the bottom half than top.

We have no chance unless we can score more goals.