We have a new winger…

John Bonham

10 minutes ago, south inch said:

If so he should be keen to impress.  Wonder if Jason suggested an approach.

He had a couple of years at Birmingham when Gary Rowett was there so I expect that's the link.

ETA - Also it looks like Rowett was in charge of Birmingham when they picked up the potential defensive signing Daniel Cleary from Liverpool. Beginning to think he's a better of Head of Recruitment than the bloke Saints brought in.  :laugh:

Edited by Sergei

53 minutes ago, Saintdunc said:

More impressively, he went to CSKA for a season, played over 20 games until Covid arrived. Shame it isn’t until the end of the season.

Looks like a marriage of convenience. Quite a few mentions of him going to Cardiff until McCarthy was sacked a couple of weeks ago. If true, he gets the rustiness out of his legs and in the shop window for a lower Championship/League One side while we get a likely decent player to help us get over our injury blip. 

Will come on as a sub, run around ALOT, play 5 games, give it all for the contract in January and then leave with an injury end of season........... how many times have we seen this calibre of journeyman and he has all those traits aged 25!  Doesn't look great IMO. Hope I'm wrong!

Edited by MySpazz

17 minutes ago, MySpazz said:

Will come on as a sub, run around ALOT, play 5 games, give it all for the contract in January and then leave with an injury end of season........... how many times have we seen this calibre of journeyman and he has all those traits aged 25!  Doesn't look great IMO. Hope I'm wrong!

Personally I think your Miles out 

This guy had pedigree way above St.johnstone wage bracket, perhaps even every team in Scotland bar OF

I see it as him doing us a favour to get us over injury crisis 

If he gets regular games in his spell,I reckon he will we might be able to sign him till end of season if he likes it and of course if he is good enough 

He  will be off to a team playing above our level at some point.We will be lucky to have him for 6 months to a year max

2 hours ago, THE LARK SAINT said:

Personally I think your Miles out 

This guy had pedigree way above St.johnstone wage bracket, perhaps even every team in Scotland bar OF

I see it as him doing us a favour to get us over injury crisis 

If he gets regular games in his spell,I reckon he will we might be able to sign him till end of season if he likes it and of course if he is good enough 

He  will be off to a team playing above our level at some point.We will be lucky to have him for 6 months to a year max

Wow and that's without seeing him.

I like your optomisim. Like most of the games you have us down as winning 4-1.