Scottish Cup 2021/22

ejksjfc

I've mixed feelings about the big gap between the draw and game It gives the injury situation time to get better but it'll be our first match since 2 Jan whilst both Kelty and Montrose will still have been playing every week, weather permitting obviously. Also which of Clark, McCart and Rooney will still be here? Will we have any new faces? How settled will the team be? It's a tricky tie at potentially a tricky time for us. 

6 hours ago, ejksjfc said:

So, what are the distances compared to Dundee? 

I did it ground to ground since I thought that was the clever part.  McDiarmid to New Central Park is 25.8 miles, McD to Dens Park, which I think is a hundred yards or so closer than Tannadice, is 26.4miles.  Sources AA Route planner and my car's sat nav.

Tannadice is 26.8 miles!

Edited by south inch

On 11/29/2021 at 11:18 PM, garydavidson said:

Squeezed past Kelty last year on our way to the League Cup.

Isn't it about time they just threw everyone in at the first round? Think it would be far more exciting. 

I’ve been saying this for a couple of years after watching Jeanfields early rounds of Scottish Cup, I think everyone being in Cup from the start is something fans would love.

The early rounds bring some really good away games, every year you  could see a smaller team get through to later rounds with luck of the draw, great chance for teams lower down leagues to make some money as well.

There was probably as many Saints fans at Annan watching Jeanfield as went to Parkhead same day which just shows the enthusiasm is there.

Imagine first round of Cup, Gretna 2008 away, getting it right round those bastards

5 hours ago, Strawman said:

I’ve been saying this for a couple of years after watching Jeanfields early rounds of Scottish Cup, I think everyone being in Cup from the start is something fans would love.

The early rounds bring some really good away games, every year you  could see a smaller team get through to later rounds with luck of the draw, great chance for teams lower down leagues to make some money as well.

There was probably as many Saints fans at Annan watching Jeanfield as went to Parkhead same day which just shows the enthusiasm is there.

Imagine first round of Cup, Gretna 2008 away, getting it right round those bastards

It would be fun, but it would take out 3 top division match days - where would you put them?

11 hours ago, Abernethy Saint said:

It would be fun, but it would take out 3 top division match days - where would you put them?

Probably loads of reasons this wouldn’t work but how about instead of top 6 you had top 4, middle 4 and bottom 4, middle 4 playing off for a European place or something, that would take 2 games away.

The top teams would never want an all in draw anyway nor would the sponsors for fear Rangers v Celtic came out first round.

I bet every fan who regularly goes to games would love it though, this year, doesn’t matter if it’s Kelty or Montrose, I imagine it will need to be all ticket and we ll sell it out.

7 hours ago, Sergei said:

Jeanfield Swifts v St Johnstone in the Scottish Cup. The Perth derby. Now that would be an historic match for the city. 

We should be playing them one year, kinnoull the next and scone the following year in pre-season, on a three year cycle. Joke that we start our season away to some two bob outfit in NI.

Give us some culture back :)

On 12/3/2021 at 12:19 PM, south inch said:

I did it ground to ground since I thought that was the clever part.  McDiarmid to New Central Park is 25.8 miles, McD to Dens Park, which I think is a hundred yards or so closer than Tannadice, is 26.4miles.  Sources AA Route planner and my car's sat nav.

Tannadice is 26.8 miles!

Does that mean us versus Montrose is a Tayside derby.

On 12/4/2021 at 6:08 PM, MySpazz said:

We should be playing them one year, kinnoull the next and scone the following year in pre-season, on a three year cycle. Joke that we start our season away to some two bob outfit in NI.

Give us some culture back :)

I think we should do something along these lines too. If we sent an XI to Jeanfield Swifts (or other local teams) for an annual pre-season friendly and it was £10 to get in, it would be nice money-spinner for those clubs and a good bit of PR from Saints. It seems to be commonly done in England from what I've seen over the years.

7 minutes ago, blueheaven said:

I think we should do something along these lines too. If we sent an XI to Jeanfield Swifts (or other local teams) for an annual pre-season friendly and it was £10 to get in, it would be nice money-spinner for those clubs and a good bit of PR from Saints. It seems to be commonly done in England from what I've seen over the years.

Fuq off.I remember when we got humped 5 nil against kinnoull.