Dundee V St.Johnstone - Wednesday 1st December

SaintJet

15 minutes ago, RandomGuy said:

Switch Viv and Vertainen, and have Vertainen free to drift more central, in the back 3 shape?

I think we have had this conversation before my opinion with our squad I would play 4 4 2 as it is more sold defensively with 2 banks of 4 and better attaching with 2 wingers and 2 forwards .The 3 4 2 1 worked but with Kerr and McCann gone we are struggling with 3 at the back as I said my opinion. 

27 minutes ago, Johnny B said:

I think we have had this conversation before my opinion with our squad I would play 4 4 2 as it is more sold defensively with 2 banks of 4 and better attaching with 2 wingers and 2 forwards .The 3 4 2 1 worked but with Kerr and McCann gone we are struggling with 3 at the back as I said my opinion. 

Yeah think losing Kerr has really affected it, nobody gets forward like him.

I wasn't having a go or anything with my posts, just genuinely interested on people's thoughts around any shape change.

2 hours ago, Cagey said:

We were struggling for results last season but I don't remember going away from a game thinking we are shyte.

I agree there is no sign of him changing from a back 3(actually 5 at the moment) but all the teams in the league know how to play us now so it's time for a change.

No way he will play flat 5 tonight though. I think it will be quite an attacking set up. Score one more than than approach. Could be a higher scoring game. In St.Johnstone terms that means 2-1 either way.

3 minutes ago, Tranmere Saintee said:

I think we are now seeing why the manager has been reluctant to play Vertainen, very busy but just runs into the defenders. Hopefully he will improve very quickly.

At least he's actually trying something different.

Half the team are just coasting and hoping something comes from absolutely hopeless crosses/shots.

Zero conviction behind anything we do in attack.