Dundee V St.Johnstone - Wednesday 1st December

SaintJet

Feel really sorry for those making the trip through tonight to watch that rubbish on such a cold night.  All too often this season we’ve had a bright start then completely run out of ideas.  

I usually look forward to the run of festive fixtures as by this part of season we’re usually starting to kick on after our usual slow start.  

The county game is now a massive one both in-terms of points and trying to get some momentum going

2 shots on goal. Whole second half to get a goal back & CD still reluctant to use sub's.

Can't see where the goals are going to come from if we are not creating chances.

Games coming think & fast giving little time to work on things but doubtful if our coaches can anyway.

Well that was bloody awful. Really worrying that a Dundee side that has struggled for most of the season - including in games against ourselves - suddenly looks so much better than us and has now gone above us in the league. We really didn't trouble them at all.

At first I thought we were handling the loss of Kerr and McCann fairly well but we really do seem to be feeling their absence now. What was a solid, consistent and well organised back three just isn't working without Kerr (and the constant changes to who plays in that role probably aren't helping). And allowing Preston to bully us into handing McCann over to them for peanuts just feels like a worse and worse decision with every passing week.

I've been all for giving Crawford and MacPherson a chance and I think both have shown some positive signs, but of late they've been really poor and MacPherson had a truly rotten game tonight, to the point that I was starting to feel a bit sorry for him. Neither Craig nor Muzz should escape criticism for tonight either. It's easy to scapegoat the new guys but it's not all on them.

For me there were a lot of basic errors tonight that make me really question our preparation and what we're doing in training (case in point coming in the second half where we had a free kick in a promising position and completely messed it up - why do the players not know exactly what they're doing in a situation like that?).

Eetu I thought did OK and at least tries to move the ball forward and take a crack at goal. And VSO again looked the part when he came on. Beyond that, I'm struggling for positives right now.

Worried.

Viv the only bright point from tonight and he's only here for a few weeks to get fit. He got a cross in every time.

Take it Eetu isn't match fit yet as there was no other reason to take him off.

Rooney setting the goal up for them was ridiculous. Nice header up the air to them when I don't even think he needed to play it at all.

I just cannot understand the abysmal passing. That's got sod all to do with anything other than the player in possession mucking up. It's remarkable just how bad we've become at it. There was one time they just sat back and let us play around with it knowing full well they'd get the ball given to them soon enough and that's exactly what happened. It's unreal.

Callum needs to really change it and I mean really change it. Instead of swapping battering rams up front try something like Viv and Middleton on either side with Eetu in the middle. Two speed merchants and someone that might do something rather than one that wont. 

It's bad enough Dundee now being ahead of us but if County win they will be too thanks to them having scored 10 more goals than us! 

Well that was a load of crap tonight.

As others have said mid field was not there - not one of them .  Craig/Davidson ineffective,  MacPherson and Crawford loans should be terminated in January and bring back our own youngsters - they cannot be any worse.

Seems to be a lack of togetherness in the team - do not know if that is down to contract negotiations or want away players but there is something wrong.

Taking Eetu off was wrong decision and the 600+ Saints supporters let Davidson know.

Time for Calum to take the blinkers off regarding some players he is picking and start to earn his corn.