St.Johnstone V Ross County - Saturday 4th December

SaintJet

Easy for people to say "switch to a back four" but realistically we have been training and playing with a three for a long time now and no way the manager will switch it without time to drill his players on the training ground first.

Zander

Muller            Gordon          McCart

Rooney                                                                              Devine

Bryson          Davidson

MOH             Etu                   Viv

22 minutes ago, sjfcsteve said:

Easy for people to say "switch to a back four" but realistically we have been training and playing with a three for a long time now and no way the manager will switch it without time to drill his players on the training ground first.

Zander

Rooney                                                                              Devine

Bryson          Davidson

I've seen this said elsewhere. I don't disagree but there's something quite disappointing in the fact that guys who have been professionally coached most of their lives would not be able to shift from a familiar tactical set up because they are used to it.

2 hours ago, SaintJet said:

Your not watching St.Johnstone if your talking about dropping Booth: he's been our most consistant player by a mile.

He's too slow to get past anyone, Devine much quicker ,but not just as good defensively,but I want my wing backs getting past players to the by line to get crosses in, I'd give the youngster a start

1 hour ago, sjfcsteve said:

Zander

Bryson          Davidson

Brown for Muller and I'd agree^_^

1 hour ago, R.B.B:- Adz said:

Sad state of affairs when a senior pro who cost us three points through his utter incompetence and bloody-mindedness comes straight back into the team because he is the best option… depressing!!!

True - but we are where we are. He’s always had that niggly side to his game but yeah, needs to be more careful. He’s such a classy player though. 

13 hours ago, saintgscot said:

He can’t start he hasn’t played all season. Be lucky if he manages past half time.

That's the kind of change that's needed. For once go and try and win the game in the first half instead of defending the draw then trying to nick a goal later on. Unleash Viv from the start. If he's knackered by half time so be it. We'll have got 45 minutes out of him instead of 20 and maybe totally rattled County. 

I think Brown has been good every time Ive seen him this season. He was quite often thrown in at the deep end last season which was tough. Just not convinced Rooney is the better option. Youve got his headers and size for games like County which is maybe in his favour but Brown looks better defending IMO.

3 hours ago, dave mc said:

It was his first ever red card, great going for a competitive midfielder

Shouldn't have been sent off anyway. First one Portious threw himself up in the Richard Foster didn't think it was a booking & the second the guy actually kicked his foot & another pundit didn't think is was a booking.

Some of those days we will get some breaks & decent ref.

Steven McLean the ref so no luck there.

Edited by Cagey

3 hours ago, Cagey said:

Shouldn't have been sent off anyway. First one Portious threw himself up in the Richard Foster didn't think it was a booking & the second the guy actually kicked his foot & another pundit didn't think is was a booking.

Some of those days we will get some breaks & decent ref.

Steven McLean the ref so no luck there.

Really dont think we will get those breaks you speak of. Theres no consequence to giving a wrong decision against teams like Saints. Maybe we will get VAR one day.

2 hours ago, Templar Saint said:

Bryson was also showing stupidity - on a booking and went in for a tackle like that just as half was ending. Cost us the points and let everyone down.  Hope he was fined the max.

Indeed.  Also got to wonder how many points the loaner midfielders have cost us this season.

23 minutes ago, Coltrane said:

Indeed.  Also got to wonder how many points the loaner midfielders have cost us this season.

I don't think we should mess around with the defence too much. 

We need 2 holding/deep midfielders. McPherson is one, Bryson is the other. Crawford plays the link. I wouldn't be against dendoncker playing in front of the 3 either, if CD wants to mix it up. 

Bite in midfield- we were being breasted on both flanks against Scum.