Rangers V St.Johnstone - Wednesday 15th December

SaintJet

3 minutes ago, garydavidson said:

Ah cheers.

Is that it? :shock: 
He tried to play a one two and it didn't come off so got hung up to dry by the manager? 

Yeah as far as I can tell that's the incident.

Tbf he had another incident where he overplayed where a fairly simple ball would've had Rooney clean through.

I'd guess Davidson has had frustration building for a while and it came out after the game.

3 hours ago, RandomGuy said:

Yeah as far as I can tell that's the incident.

Tbf he had another incident where he overplayed where a fairly simple ball would've had Rooney clean through.

I'd guess Davidson has had frustration building for a while and it came out after the game.

Also tried a stepover  when he could’ve played easy ball to Rooney again 

4 hours ago, garydavidson said:

Ah cheers.

Is that it? :shock: 
He tried to play a one two and it didn't come off so got hung up to dry by the manager? 

Didnt actually think that it was the right space for Eetu to run into before the flick, it was the difficult route. Ball should have been played to him earlier, the simpler pass then he could have passed out to the right. Wasnt Eetu's fault for the goal though. I can see that they should have kept it simple and not taken risks and tried to get in at 0-0. The goal was coming though.

On 12/16/2021 at 2:28 PM, dave mc said:

Callum wanted Greg Stewart, he’d have been decent, but Grieve brought Eetu in, Callum wanted Hendry to stay too, but forced to let him go as Killie paying all his wages, think there’s a bit of politics involved with Eetu 

Careful. Talk like that isn't welcome around these here parts. 

Callum's obviously pissed off with Eetu trying to play a bit of football in the clip. He'll be angry Kane wasn't there trying to hold the ball up, waiting for contact and 'winning' a foul to relieve the pressure. He'll probably now use it as a coaching aid to highlight what happens when you try to be the slightest bit adventurous confirming his policy of safety first, second, third, fourth and fifth is the only way.

Most of the players in this squad should be concentrating on themselves. Half of them are shite and the other half seemed to have chucked it.

Rooney himself was guilty of multiple mistakes yesterday just down to laziness, then tries to hide behind shouting and bawling at everyone else.

United reserves/youths gave Rangers a run for their money. Hearts should probably have beaten them & it was down to Rangers not being at their best. They beat Saints & its the best they have played all season. 

Most teams seem to have their best game of the season against us. So as well as being unlucky with injuries & decisions we have that as well.

On 12/16/2021 at 2:28 PM, dave mc said:

Callum wanted Greg Stewart, he’d have been decent, but Grieve brought Eetu in, Callum wanted Hendry to stay too, but forced to let him go as Killie paying all his wages, think there’s a bit of politics involved with Eetu 

https://www.thecourier.co.uk/fp/sport/football/st-johnstone/2500136/callum-davidson-st-johnstone-can-help-make-eetu-vertainen-a-finland-international/

"Davidson added: “Eetu can also play out wide, which is what I was looking for – so he will fit into our system and give us flexibility.

“We looked a lot at that, how will he fit into our system? And we liked his athleticism and drive, so he’s someone we wanted to get on board.”"

Is the use of 'we' a lie then?

45 minutes ago, garydavidson said:

https://www.thecourier.co.uk/fp/sport/football/st-johnstone/2500136/callum-davidson-st-johnstone-can-help-make-eetu-vertainen-a-finland-international/

"Davidson added: “Eetu can also play out wide, which is what I was looking for – so he will fit into our system and give us flexibility.

“We looked a lot at that, how will he fit into our system? And we liked his athleticism and drive, so he’s someone we wanted to get on board.”"

We = Saints, same as when saying us. There's not many 'I's as in eg 'I've liked what I've seen of him and I was keen to get him on board' When I is used it's more of a generalism. It's mostly we.

It's a positive piece to announce a big signing, by our standards anyway, and easy to accept at face value. I wouldn't expect anything else in the circumstances. People could actually spend all day selectively using bits from it to back up both sides of the argument. 

1 hour ago, garydavidson said:

He’s not going to say ,I’d rather get Greg in,is he? Also said he seen videos of him.My information came from a person who has  been on the board,don’t shoot the messenger.

Just now, RandomGuy said:

Greg Stewart would've cost twice is as much, is over 30, and doesn't fit the managers preferred system, so I can fully believe Davidson was desperate to sign him.

He’d play either Spoony or Conways role from last season, probably Conways,so is a better fit than Vertainen  imo 

Just now, dave mc said:

He’d play either Spoony or Conways role from last season, probably Conways,so is a better fit than Vertainen  imo 

He would've been getting signed to play on the right to cut in on his left, seeing as that's the only position he's ever played in and he's completely one footed (left).

His wages in India are higher than anyone at our club too, maybe he simply preferred that move?

The manager maybe preferred Stewart to Vertainen, who was signed to play on the left of our attack, but not getting Stewart + getting Vertainen doesn't = Davidson being overruled in transfer business. I can tell you for a fact that no transfer business has happened at the club without him agreeing to it, in or out.

5 minutes ago, RandomGuy said:

He would've been getting signed to play on the right to cut in on his left, seeing as that's the only position he's ever played in and he's completely one footed (left).

His wages in India are higher than anyone at our club too, maybe he simply preferred that move?

The manager maybe preferred Stewart to Vertainen, who was signed to play on the left of our attack, but not getting Stewart + getting Vertainen doesn't = Davidson being overruled in transfer business. I can tell you for a fact that no transfer business has happened at the club without him agreeing to it, in or out.

Who is your source? I can tell you for a fact,your fact is false,but forget it,I’m not getting involved in posting tennis.

3 hours ago, dave mc said:

Who is your source? I can tell you for a fact,your fact is false,but forget it,I’m not getting involved in posting tennis.

You do sound like you are trying to back up a manger with some of the worst transfer business in the clubs history under his belt. Has your source said how many he is actually responsible for?

41 minutes ago, garydavidson said:

You do sound like you are trying to back up a manger with some of the worst transfer business in the clubs history under his belt. Has your source said how many he is actually responsible for?

I’m nit backing anyone up, pointing out Eetu was not his signing,  and was forced to letCallum go to Killie too, out of interest who’s the worst signings he’s made? I take it you never seen  Ian Gibsons transfer business.

1 hour ago, dave mc said:

I’m nit backing anyone up, pointing out Eetu was not his signing,  and was forced to letCallum go to Killie too, out of interest who’s the worst signings he’s made? I take it you never seen  Ian Gibsons transfer business.

I am not that old hence why I said some of the worst not the worst.

Fair enough he hasn't paid money for folk but I don't think anyone can defend what happened this summer?

5 hours ago, Saintdunc said:

It was Amateur at best, or was it Business before Football?

We're seeing the failings of Brown now. If he wants to stay up then he now HAS to invest at a time when the market is not in our favour. 

How different might it have been if he'd chosen to invest right at the start of the season.

11 hours ago, garydavidson said:

I am not that old hence why I said some of the worst not the worst.

Fair enough he hasn't paid money for folk but I don't think anyone can defend what happened this summer?

No one is disputing that, but how do you know it wasCallums decision not to buy?