Hearts V St.Johnstone Tuesday 18th January

R.B.B:- Adz

2 minutes ago, pezza70 said:
Posted at 8:168:16

GOAL HEARTS 2-0 St Johnstone

Josh Ginnelly

It's the same combination! St Johnstone striker Nadir Ciftci gives the ball away, Barrie McKay surges forward and slides it to Josh Ginnelly who sticks it in the top corner. Lethal.

Now, I wonder how the manager will react? 

Watching that team what we don't have is a leader who will grab that team and move them forward...

Watching them tonight we shelled balls over the midfield to be gobbled up by their defence.. 

When they played everything went through their midfield and we basically rolled over and watched them..

Their are some positives unfortunately positives dinnae win matches.. 

18 minutes ago, sideline said:

First half as better than I have seen for some time but two bad goals 8n the second half resulted in the oh so familiar story.

Still need that player or players to give us the energy and spark in midfield.

Butterfield subbed on 65th minute. Was he injured or is he not the midfield savour we were looking for.

Positives:

- Ciftci has an eye for goal & is creative

- MacPherson looked ok

- we had more fight than we’ve had for a while

Negatives:

- passing was still very poor at times, too many aimless long balls again

- May is absolutely finished at this level

- we lacked pace & energy in midfield again

Also, where is Rooney?

1 minute ago, garydavidson said:

There we have it: 

So you can give away the ball that directly leads to a goal and be praised but if you give away the ball that leads to a corner that subsequently leads to a goal due to poor defensive marking then you get frozen out.

Fine margins. 

Guessing one must be a HoR signing and one a CD signing 

Results tonight now sees us 7 points from safety and we’re now adrift. Football as we all know is a results driven business & whether we like it or not that’s the only thing that matters. The choice now IMO is a simple one, do we stick or twist with Davidson? It appears he can’t or won’t change, doesn’t know his best starting 11 & as things stand whatever he’s trying in his capacity as manager, it’s simply not working. He is in no way solely responsible & top to bottom throughout the club everyone has to shoulder the responsibility for our current predicament. Relegation won’t kill the club, it’ll just make us laughing stock for a while, costs us a fortune and fans will spend years wondering if we’ll ever get back to top league

St Johnstone in crisis - Davidson

FT: Hearts 2-0 St Johnstone

St Johnstone manager Callum Davidson says his side are in a tough spot after an eighth straight league loss.

"I think it's a crisis just now to be honest with you," he said on Sportsound.

"You can't go on a run like this. Tonight I thought we did it and then chucked a goal away. The players are trying hard to get better at certain things. But we need to get results.

"First half we worked really hard and our shape and discipline were good and we had that attacking threat we've been missing a little bit.

"There were a lot of signs of improvement and I was pleased with how we performed first half.

"Second half, from our kick-off we concede. The game changes, they have three quick players up front and it played into their hands second half."

For me I honestly thought after the impossible double and European football that this would see our club set up for the next few years both financially and stability wise and that we would of had players wanting to join us, I guess loosing the two boys at the end of the window set the scene for us to go backwards but I didn’t see us going back so quickly.

if the club decided to let CD go then it can’t afford to wait for another 6 weeks of these results to act, I guess a team lacking of ideas and tactics and fight doesn’t look good fir any manager.

I read on here in another thread someone posted I hope we lose to Kelty, no matter how bad things are or how bad our coaches and players have been performing, I would never hope for our team lose any game.

40 minutes ago, pezza70 said:

I read on here in another thread someone posted I hope we lose to Kelty, no matter how bad things are or how bad our coaches and players have been performing, I would never hope for our team lose any game.

Kelty score plenty goals, even though against lesser opposition….it’s a genuine worry!

18 minutes ago, Cagey said:

May and O'Halloran need to be offloaded.

Not sure I agree with O’Halloran just yet but May, Davidson and Craig need to go and some serious quality needs to be brought in. The fact that MacPherson, Butterfield and Ciftci were not only the three best players on the pitch for Saints tonight but also the three that showed the most effort / fight tell you everything that you need to know about the shitebaggery of this current squad compared to the years where Anderson, MacKay, MacLean, Wright, Easton and Millar ruled the roost. 

Edited by R.B.B:- Adz