Second half of the Season

pezza70

With it kicking off next week what is everyone’s thoughts on how it pans out?

I think it will be three way shootout with Dundee and St Mirren for the drop, I think RC has the goals in them to keep them out of the bottom few.

if we can take maximum points of Dundee and Midden the next time round I think we are on our way to giving ourselves a decent chance of staying up and at the very least in the playoff for promotion/ relegation.

The positives in my eyes is that we haven’t lost touch with the pack and surely we can’t play any worse then we have thus far, it’s the optimist in me I guess.

I think Dundee United could still get dragged into it too unless they have something up their sleeves. Fair enough they have a healthy points advantage at the moment but they have lost five or six in a row as well. Hopefully we can string together a consistent run but its going to be a battle until the end if we remain bottom six.

image.thumb.png.a89b360dbc90ed2dbfccdab9da046796.png

The excellent St Johnstone 1884 twitter account put a tweet up recently stating that the lowest number of points required to avoid 11th place since the introduction of the split is 33. This would mean we require 22 points from the remaining 18 games.

We have 6 home games remaining versus Dundee, Dundee United, Hearts, Rangers, Motherwell, Livingston and 2 post split fixtures. In terms of away fixtures, we have games against Hearts, Aberdeen, Livingston, St Mirren, Ross County, Hibs, Celtic and 3 post split games.

Given we still have over two weeks of the January transfer window remaining, its very hard to predict how it will all transpire. I still we are 3/4 players short of what we need. If we can add another striker, winger and an energetic central midfielder I will be feeling much more confident.

21 hours ago, THE LARK SAINT said:

we will be between 6th and 9th 

I'm all for being positive and do feel we can pull ourselves free of the relegation zone, but there's no way we're finishing 6th. To make Top 6 you usually need around 45 points. That means getting 31 points from the next 13 games before the split. To get that we'd need to win either 9 or 10 games out of the 13.

1 hour ago, blueheaven said:

I'm all for being positive and do feel we can pull ourselves free of the relegation zone, but there's no way we're finishing 6th. To make Top 6 you usually need around 45 points. That means getting 31 points from the next 13 games before the split. To get that we'd need to win either 9 or 10 games out of the 13.

Ach aye!I just find all the negative stuff depressing and try to keep believing we can go on that kind of run 

I'm just a very positive person in all walks of life

Hate negativity 

you could say I'm a believer !

1 hour ago, THE LARK SAINT said:

Ach aye!I just find all the negative stuff depressing and try to keep believing we can go on that kind of run 

I'm just a very positive person in all walks of life

Hate negativity 

you could say I'm a believer !

Whose face did you see?  We could all do with some positivity!

Let's hope the second half of the season brings us luck and breaks.

The first half of season we had soft penalties given against us and some not given for us.

Soft red cards,a Taverier wonder strike and Scott Allen who couldn't get a game for Hibs ,coming on and destroying our defence.

I am sure there others but that's enough to be going on with and have little hope that second half CANT be as bad.

• 2 weeks later...