Kelty Hearts vs St Johnstone - 22/01/22

Pat McGroin

Massive game this. Arguably our biggest since we were last relegated in many ways?

League results have been dire, but Saturday offers us the chance to get away from that and this game could be the start of a reversal of fortunes and form for us.

I’m sure a cup result helped to turn a barren run of form around last season, did it not? 

A large and undoubtedly vocal support is going, including likely a few hundred in the home end? :ph34r:

Team wise, I’d like to see Kane in for May, Gallagher in for Booth. Would like to see Gilmour too. 

8 minutes ago, Pat McGroin said:

Massive game this. Arguably our biggest since we were last relegated in many ways?

Think I'd dispute that this is a bigger game than either of the two recent European games that could have got us into a group stage!

Agree with you on the team changes. I'd really like to see Eetu involved in this one too. Remember him? :sad:

They are on a high. Yes I know where they have come from but they are ambitious. We will have to show them respect because apparently, according to an old RAF buddy who lives in Kelty, are playing like a team. They have even improved from when we played them last. We should not think this is going to be a stroll in the park. 

I was going to come up but booked to to Berlin before we were drawn against them.

COYS

Edited by Saintdunc

43 minutes ago, blueheaven said:

Think I'd dispute that this is a bigger game than either of the two recent European games that could have got us into a group stage!

Agree with you on the team changes. I'd really like to see Eetu involved in this one too. Remember him? :sad:

It’s the biggest game since the last biggest game we had earlier in the season . Must be crap being Callum leading us into all these big games .

19 minutes ago, SaintJet said:

I don't think a good 3-0 humping would be the end of the world. We'd be able to concentrate on relegation and anyone who was diluded into thinking we're not in trouble would maybe start to believe we are in a world of hurt.

We're not winning the cup this year anyway.

I’m sick of winning cups anyway 

On 1/19/2022 at 8:04 PM, Linky said:

This is a key game to gain some confidence & settle the new side. Have to play our strongest team therefore 

Agreed and Ciftci's name should be first on the team sheet, if we hope he will solve our goal scoring problem then a couple of goals will be just the thing  to build up his confidence.