Kelty Hearts vs St Johnstone - 22/01/22

Pat McGroin

On 1/19/2022 at 2:22 PM, Pat McGroin said:

Massive game this. Arguably our biggest since we were last relegated in many ways?

League results have been dire, but Saturday offers us the chance to get away from that and this game could be the start of a reversal of fortunes and form for us.

I’m sure a cup result helped to turn a barren run of form around last season, did it not? 

A large and undoubtedly vocal support is going, including likely a few hundred in the home end? :ph34r:

Team wise, I’d like to see Kane in for May, Gallagher in for Booth. Would like to see Gilmour too. 

There is no way this is our biggest game since we were relegated, since then there have been 3 cup finals several unsuccessful semi finals quite a few Euro games plus many late season wins to secure either top six or Euro qualification tat are all way bigger than today’s game.  Win and we progress in the cup to continue our defence of the cup, lose and we can concentrate on getting up the league.

Edited by ejksjfc
addn

10 minutes ago, garydavidson said:

Would it be classed as a shock if we get knocked out? 9 defeats in a row, hardly any goals never mind shots on target.

I would find a draw a positive result the way this team are playing right now.

No replays from this round onwards I think so needs to be a winner on the day? Perhaps someone else can confirm

24 minutes ago, garydavidson said:

Would it be classed as a shock if we get knocked out? 9 defeats in a row, hardly any goals never mind shots on target.

I would find a draw a positive result the way this team are playing right now.

Do you think Davidson will play for his usual 0_0 and go to penalties.

2 hours ago, ejksjfc said:

There is no way this is our biggest game since we were relegated, since then there have been 3 cup finals several unsuccessful semi finals quite a few Euro games plus many late season wins to secure either top six or Euro qualification tat are all way bigger than today’s game.  Win and we progress in the cup to continue our defence of the cup, lose and we can concentrate on getting up the league.

Lose this game, I think we’re in big trouble. Win it and it could transform our season. 

None of those things you mentioned had a major affect on the club. Relegation could set us back a decade 

Edited by Pat McGroin

1 hour ago, Saintdunc said:

There is some degree of over confidence on these pages. They will be up for this. 

My, Kelty supporting, mate thinks they could compete in The Championship at the moment, and do very well in it.

We should be up and at them from the off, if that is possible under CD.

With the amount of money they have lashed out they should be able to compete in the SPL.

53 minutes ago, Tranmere Saintee said:

The weird thing I noticed is they will not allow you access if you are in England!!

Would think they would take every penny they can get despite lashing out on big wages.

It's the same everywhere now. You're not allowed to stream games in England on a 3pm on Saturday.

See the Kelty owner saying he's sunk £500k into the club out his own money. I'm never sure how far these clubs think they can reach? There's a limited amount of spots in the top flight, there's no way all of them can just spend beyond their means indefinitely, and you've already got Cove, Queens Park and now Kelty launching money at it. 

At least one of those 3 will be in serious financial bother this decade.