Kelty Hearts vs St Johnstone - 22/01/22

Pat McGroin

2 hours ago, Wendy Saints said:

I know folk are upset but if you were at your work in a shop or the likes and the public behaved like that you’d be calling the police! 

I imagine Zander went in that dressing room and started shouting at his team mates, maybe almost started scrapping with someone. That happens at your work place and folk would be calling that police.

Football is an emotional sport and fans/players showing pain after that result is good. I'd be more worried about those, on the pitch and in the stands, who have given up completely.

15 minutes ago, RandomGuy said:

I imagine Zander went in that dressing room and started shouting at his team mates, maybe almost started scrapping with someone. That happens at your work place and folk would be calling that police.

Football is an emotional sport and fans/players showing pain after that result is good. I'd be more worried about those, on the pitch and in the stands, who have given up completely.

I think Zander was the only one who stopped to "discuss" with fans meanwhile Craig was going back and forward trying to usher young guys past the fans. Legend.

14 minutes ago, langside-saint said:

Taped on or not, theres no need for it. 

I have to agree with you. 

We're not these idiots from the old firm. The manager, players and board are well aware of the mood of the fans loud and clear.

We've got to believe that this is a watershed in the season. If we were to be beaten on Wednesday I'm not sure where we go or what the future holds for the current regime.

CD comments on BBC

St Johnstone manager Callum Davidson: "The first half was really disappointing. I asked them to do certain things and for the first 30 or 40 minutes, they wouldn't do any of it.

Why would they not do any of it?

Is it because they cannot do it? Or they disagree with him and ignore his instructions? Or is he playing players in positions where the struggle i.e Middleton and MOH strikers, Crawford a creative no 10 behind a front 2 and MOH wingback (in fairness he has done ok there although he is not a wingback) Rooney at centre back the list goes on  all to keep his system which has not worked this season.

The not doing as instructed certainly points to the players having no faith in him.

45 minutes ago, SaintJet said:

We're not these idiots from the old firm. The manager, players and board are well aware of the mood of the fans loud and clear.

We've got to believe that this is a watershed in the season. If we were to be beaten on Wednesday I'm not sure where we go or what the future holds for the current regime.

The coverage saints got yesterday was pretty poor , one reporter saying “ it’s the worst he’s ever seen” 

Celtic fans were attacking the team bus with fencing and chasing it up the road fighting with police and stewards . 
 A few folk booing and calling the team a disgrace was quite brutal right enough . 
    Zander going mental cause someone shouted “ his maw and da never buy a round “ :wub:

Brown had to be hooked at half time for Middleton or Mikey. Good defender and certainly not a winger. An area where we needed to hurt them. How many occasions did we play the ball back and forth across the back 3 to then follow it up with a punt across the park. Then the subs that were like for like and ended up with Middleton playing wide and May up top on his own. Can’t understand why Ciftci and Kane were both replaced . Wednesday is massive and the reaction from management and players will decide what happens moving forward. 

1 hour ago, Cowdenbeath Saint said:

Absolutely disgusted at those apparent fans responsible for abusing our own players yesterday. Yes Kelty will learn lessons about security but really? Protecting the players from our own fans? Disgusting behaviour.

Liam Craig the security guard . Saints fans are mental 

8 minutes ago, full steam ahead said:

Brown had to be hooked at half time for Middleton or Mikey. Good defender and certainly not a winger. An area where we needed to hurt them. How many occasions did we play the ball back and forth across the back 3 to then follow it up with a punt across the park. Then the subs that were like for like and ended up with Middleton playing wide and May up top on his own. Can’t understand why Ciftci and Kane were both replaced . Wednesday is massive and the reaction from management and players will decide what happens moving forward. 

Can't agree with O'Halloran at wing back. He had a good game at home to Dundee but has been poor any other time he played there. Middleton was played out wide yesterday and did nothing but fall on his are. Add May to them as 3 players I would be happy never to see in a Saints strip again.

1 minute ago, Cagey said:

Premier Sport have 2 ties next round guaranteed to be Celtic and Rangers games.

BT Sport showing Halifax town v Boreham wood during the week and tv companies can’t put on the Scottish cup holders .

****ing hate the way Scottish football is run . Absolute w@nks 

2 hours ago, SaintJet said:

If we get beat (highly likely) a revolution is needed.

2 hours ago, langside-saint said:

Taped on or not, theres no need for it. 

Disagree. Its a sad day to see a message like that and I wouldnt do that, but its really tame, its paper taped on. Just someone trying to make a point. Not abusive or anything. Things have been a shambles of late. If it had been painted directly on the doors/windows then agree out of order. If criminal damage occurred then it would have been out of order. Was there property damaged etc, I cant really see the foreground of the picture clearly? Someone is going to tell me that taping paper is crime or something but you get my point.

In terms of abusing our own players, it happens every game, at the matches and online when we dont get a decent result but just to a lesser extent than yesterday, never thought that it was ever appropriate, not how I would want to support my team.

Its not going to be easy but still believe we can get out of this. If that means 2nd bottom and win the playoff, its a chance.

Doesnt look good at the moment but as long as they dont throw it away easily, need to support the club through the good and bad times. If we go down, we need to go down fighting. It all seems so inevitable, we've been punching above our weight for years so it was always going to come to this one day, we're just not used to it. Things should have been done differently in the Summer on the back of last season and maybe we wouldnt have found ourselves in this position but we cant undo... Bring on Wednesday.

1 hour ago, full steam ahead said:

I think Ciftci was on a yellow and should never have been booked so CD not risking us going down to 10.