Ranking Our Strikers

pezza70

We won’t play all of them together so what does everyone think is the players rankings in CD’s eyes?

Is Hendry no 1 or is it still Stevie M or is it Ciftci or will it be Yoghi Bear?

I just hope whoever they are that they catch fire and start to get good service and they start to bang them in.

COYS

At the moment it's definitely Hendry who poses the best goal threat, Ciftci was very unfortunate with his injury so too early to tell but I would think he'll be thrown back into the team when fit, be an interesting battle between these two for top striker spot. Bair obviously waiting for his chance and brings hight/pace options, if he hits the ground running then even better and a good problem for CDs options. Kane unlucky with his injury and gives his all but our system doesn't suit his play (meaning goal attempt options) but he's all over the pitch working hard/harassing but lack of goal attempts/chances for a striker. Same can be said for May, works his socks off but hasn't that killer instinct. So Hendry at the moment claims first striker spot, Ciftci to muscle in once fit to fight for said spot, Bair the unknown might throw a spanner into the works and be a sensation or not, I'm looking forward to seeing what he'll bring to the team.Kane/May probably would be more beneficial in a behind the attacker role where their work/harassing/ball winning would be a benefit to our strikers.

Edited by chips

I think, if everyone is fit, Davidson would go with Bair & Hendry. Ciftci on the bench, and possibly Kane. I think Hector-Ingram was only signed due to injuries and doubt we'll really see much of him. Apparently he was on trial at ICT before we signed him, and they didn't want to offer him a contract.

10 minutes ago, Coltrane said:

I think any striker would struggle without a decent supply of the ball from crosses or from midfielders.  Old news but we've been crying out for this all season. 

It makes the opposition’s defenders play the game in slippers knowing that the only threat is going to be the long ball played constantly upfield 

13 hours ago, pezza70 said:

It makes the opposition’s defenders play the game in slippers knowing that the only threat is going to be the long ball played constantly upfield 

Do players not play in slippers now anyway. The amount of players you see now with socks down and no shinpads.

I don't see May as a striker at all now. He spends too much time chasing around to be considered as such. Its a shame that injury and 'training' when he went South turned him into what he now is.

Too early to make a call on Cifici & Bair....Hendry is the guy with the most goal threat, but is very much a confidence player.

• 1 month later...

Am I right in thinking the current strikers on our books are:

Chris Kane

Callum Hendry

Theo Bair (paid a fee)

Nadir Ciftci

Eetu Vertainen (paid a fee)

Stevie May (paid a fee)

Jahmal Hector-Ingram

Jordan Northcott

8 strikers!!!! FOUR who have barely kicked a ball in the first team. Unprecedented!!

28 minutes ago, R.B.B:- Adz said:

Am I right in thinking the current strikers on our books are:

Chris Kane

Callum Hendry

Theo Bair (paid a fee)

Nadir Ciftci

Eetu Vertainen (paid a fee)

Stevie May (paid a fee)

Jahmal Hector-Ingram

Jordan Northcott

8 strikers!!!! FOUR who have barely kicked a ball in the first team. Unprecedented!!

I don't think we paid a fee for May? He was released by Aberdeen before joining.

I wonder how many we had in our early seasons after promotion, felt like one of the McInnes seasons we had a lot.

3 hours ago, RandomGuy said:

I don't think we paid a fee for May? He was released by Aberdeen before joining.

I wonder how many we had in our early seasons after promotion, felt like one of the McInnes seasons we had a lot.

I believe we more or less bought out his contract, or a significant chunk of it. 

What a deal that has turned out to be. 

3 minutes ago, Pat McGroin said:

I believe we more or less bought out his contract, or a significant chunk of it. 

What a deal that has turned out to be. 

13 goals in 73 games I think, since he returned.

Was a gamble worth taking at the time and this season looks like being the first he won't score 5+ league goals in.

Financially it hasn't paid off though, I'd guess. Hopefully his new deal is more fitting for a squad player.