Ranking Our Strikers

pezza70

1 minute ago, RandomGuy said:

13 goals in 73 games I think, since he returned.

Was a gamble worth taking at the time and this season looks like being the first he won't score 5+ league goals in.

Financially it hasn't paid off though, I'd guess. Hopefully his new deal is more fitting for a squad player.

I’m being a bit facetious. I actually think he can play a role for us, just not a striker. He’s clearly very capable on the ball, has good footballing brain too. 

His lacking of confidence is a killer for him, along with the loss of power that seems to come as a result of his serious injury. 

Nadir Ciftci . Don't know why we signed him. Since he started with Portsmouth in 2011 he has scored 37 career goals . 25 of those were for Dundee United. Someone must have hoped he would replicate his United form instead of his 3 for Motherwell. Take away those 28 from 37 and he hasn't scored for many teams .

31 minutes ago, Cagey said:

Nadir Ciftci . Don't know why we signed him. Since he started with Portsmouth in 2011 he has scored 37 career goals . 25 of those were for Dundee United. Someone must have hoped he would replicate his United form instead of his 3 for Motherwell. Take away those 28 from 37 and he hasn't scored for many teams .

Where have you got those figures from?

He scored 33 goals for United alone going by transfermarkt, who credit him with 74 career goals.

32 minutes ago, RandomGuy said:

Where have you got those figures from?

He scored 33 goals for United alone going by transfermarkt, who credit him with 74 career goals.

Don't know I can't find it again . It was when I was bored at weekend and can't find it again.

16 hours ago, Cagey said:

I'd guess we signed him because we desperately needed a striker, there were limited options available that were willing to come to us, and he looked like the best gamble from what we could get. We signed three new strikers during the window and Ciftci has a better goalscoring record than the other two, which possibly says quite a lot.

Personally I'd still pick May or Middleton ahead of any of the new strikers at this point.

3 hours ago, blueheaven said:

I'd guess we signed him because we desperately needed a striker, there were limited options available that were willing to come to us, and he looked like the best gamble from what we could get. We signed three new strikers during the window and Ciftci has a better goalscoring record than the other two, which possibly says quite a lot.

Personally I'd still pick May or Middleton ahead of any of the new strikers at this point.

Can only imagine the calibre of Jahmal Hector-Ingram as he hasn't been called upon in the four games he has been on the bench. 

On 3/30/2022 at 8:32 AM, blueheaven said:

This is the irony of it: Ciftci has looked pretty poor, and yet seems to be rated by the manager the best of the 3 new strikers we signed, one of which we supposedly paid a fee for. It's pretty shambolic whichever way you look at it

On 3/29/2022 at 4:03 PM, Cagey said:

We were desperate. 
he may be a cheap option

Edited by MySpazz

3 hours ago, Cagey said:

Is he also been guaranteed a starting place ?.

I'm really thinking this was part of his deal, guarantee so many starting places or pay me x amount. Can't see any other way to justify it, but I gave up on second guessing CDs reasons months ago  :D

2 hours ago, Havana Saint said:

Cam anyone actually remember the last time Stevie May actually performed?

TBF to May he was a good player for us, a home grown talent, but he is now seeing out his contract, and he made a few bob on the rounds in England and Eberdeen. His next move will be Championship or League one, unless he finds a way to the Bulgarian top division or one of those moves....  thanks for the goals and memories Stevie. Football is a nasty business!

9 hours ago, Havana Saint said:

Cam anyone actually remember the last time Stevie May actually performed?

Maybe he'd look better if he wasn't being chucked into games with 15 minutes left and told to concentrate on preventing space rather than attacking?

It's a testament to Hendry that he manages to score goals, as the side certainly isn't built for strikers to score.

7 hours ago, MySpazz said:

TBF to May he was a good player for us, a home grown talent, but he is now seeing out his contract, and he made a few bob on the rounds in England and Eberdeen. His next move will be Championship or League one, unless he finds a way to the Bulgarian top division or one of those moves....  thanks for the goals and memories Stevie. Football is a nasty business!

Does he not still have a year left on contract.

Hopefully CD has a few feelers out for a striker  or 2 next season as Hendry will not be here and with the exception of Kane the rest are not good enough.

We need a goalie as well but I have no faith that our procurement team.