Exiles Poty 21 / 22

sixties saintee

• 5 weeks later...
12 hours ago, sixties saintee said:

Saints not having poty this year, I've been told.

Not happy with that. It does not matter if you have a good , bad or mediocre season it is a tradition at all levels of football .The very least it could be a team bonding and a morale lifting   way to end the season.

I hope the reason was not sour grapes as the awards were going to players who did not resign

1 minute ago, Johnny B said:

Not happy with that. It does not matter if you have a good , bad or mediocre season it is a tradition at all levels of football .The very least it could be a team bonding and a morale lifting   way to end the season.

I hope the reason was not sour grapes as the awards were going to players who did not resign

I'd imagine there would have been some sort of internal end of season event for the squad. Sounds like they just didn't want lots of players and fans in the same room because of Covid, which I think is fair enough.

30 minutes ago, blueheaven said:

Sounds like they just didn't want lots of players and fans in the same room because of Covid, which I think is fair enough.

Did not know there was restrictions in Scotland. None here in Cyprus except hospitals and medical centres

32 minutes ago, Johnny B said:

Did not know there was restrictions in Scotland. None here in Cyprus except hospitals and medical centres

I don't think there are any restrictions at the moment but the club could have taken their own call on it. They'd have had to plan a supporters event several months ago and possibly felt the uncertainty and risk wasn't worth it. Also I think it would have had to happen while the season was still in progress so maybe wanted to protect the players going into those final games? This is all just me speculating of course. :)

On 4/30/2022 at 2:17 PM, rickardo said:

Wish to **** I was an exile, to get me as far away from the shitfest the Perth boys that are still here have to put up with week in week out . 

At least you get to enjoy Saturdays before 3pm. Some of us wake up, watch the game, and then have our whole weekend ruined.