Head of Recruitment

Templar Saint

On 4/9/2022 at 7:20 AM, Shibbydoo said:

Could we look at it from a different point of view?

Maybe Grieve is completely at fault for bringing in all these diddies and Callum (perhaps rightly) thinks/knows he could do a better job?

Or have I woken up with my blurry rose-tinted gecks on this morning?

I think as an outsider it's hard to say who was actually at fault (my feeling would be probably everyone), but surely Callum would have had to sign off on all of the new arrivals, even if he wasn't the one who actually found them? I find it hard to believe players have been brought in without the manager's approval.

On 4/8/2022 at 10:32 PM, Smarmy Arab said:

Not completely revamped, but a couple of big changes happening, probably more to follow before the close of the season.

I think the worry is that these changes behind the scenes seem to have made things worse instead of better.

3 hours ago, blueheaven said:

I think as an outsider it's hard to say who was actually at fault (my feeling would be probably everyone), but surely Callum would have had to sign off on all of the new arrivals, even if he wasn't the one who actually found them? I find it hard to believe players have been brought in without the manager's approval.

I think the worry is that these changes behind the scenes seem to have made things worse instead of better.

Thinks have gone spectacularly off course this season, so the club have responded with changes to key personnel.  New Head of Operations does not start until 18th April, Head of Recruitment left post last week, to be fair to all concerned no judgement can be made on these changes, for at least a year….surely?

As for yesterday,  I have seen Celtic twice at Tannadice this season, the first could easily have been double figures, the cup game last month not much better.  The gulf between Celtic and the rest is as wide as I can remember.  Painful to watch, but over, it is now how saints respond to the remaining fixtures, I think it’s probably a good thing that the billy big baws like Aberdeen and Hibs are in the bottom half, they have nothing to play for now, and Saints have matched both of them over recent years. 

On 4/8/2022 at 7:30 AM, Smarmy Arab said:

As most would observe, Saints are an extraordinarily well run club, and have been for decades.  The current set up delivered a cup double, and as recently as August had Saints going toe to toe with Galatasaray and very unlucky not to progress. However the closing days of the transfer window found the model wanting, and as a result the team on the park have been struggling all season.  Give credit to the club for giving the previously successful structure  an decent opportunity to get it right, and now they have swiftly taken action to restructure on time for next season.  

Good luck to those leaving, and more so to those coming in!

An arab trying to make us feel good so we dont make changes ;)

To be frank, we are a complete shitshow across the board, and our league position reflects that. From Broons down after cup double to our manager and recruiting and now players. Recruiter should have been fired months ago, thats a totally shit area and Davidson should have been let go after Kelty so we could start rebuilding. But no,  a huge rebound 0-0 with Dundee and we 'build' off that.

Even if somehow we stay up, what can of turd sandwich will we see next year with this structure? Davidson is clearly here to stay. I dont enjoy watching us play anymore, its thats shit and has been for a while. You read other fans forums about us and you hear the same, just a dour, dire game expectation every time. 

1 hour ago, Smarmy Arab said:

Thinks have gone spectacularly off course this season, so the club have responded with changes to key personnel.  New Head of Operations does not start until 18th April, Head of Recruitment left post last week, to be fair to all concerned no judgement can be made on these changes, for at least a year….surely?

Yes, maybe we have our wires crossed - I was referring more to the various behind the scenes changes we've seen over the course of the last year or so, rather than the changes of the last few weeks.

Was at a game the other day and in the programme they had someone who was "Head of Restarts"

These laptops w*nkers and commercial football folk need to GTF. The whole turn it into the NFL is boring. 

Bring back beers sunk, boys drunk, locals rattled..... when saturday comes!

Now go sign someone from Cowdenbeath for £25,000 and turn them into a star!

MON THE SAINTS!