The Play Off

pezza70

6 hours ago, pezza70 said:

If we do end up in that position what is the best case / worse case scenario for us opposition wise?

I’ve only followed the lower divisions when we were down in there.

I haven't seen much of the league but I'd assume Partick would be best case scenario for us, given their league position and the fact that they'd have to get through four tough games before playing us. I'd expect us to be playing either Arbroath or ICT though. Either way it's going to be bloody difficult, given our inability to score goals.

Not sure if people are aware but the play-off dates have been updated. If we're involved, we'll now play away from home on the evening of Friday 20th May, and at home on the evening of Monday 23rd May. Both legs live on Sky Sports.

https://spfl.co.uk/news/spfl-press-release-48366

I'm already wondering if season ticket holders will get a priority window to buy their own seats, or if it'll be another free-for-all like the LASK game.

21 minutes ago, blueheaven said:

I'm already wondering if season ticket holders will get a priority window to buy their own seats, or if it'll be another free-for-all like the LASK game.

I have heard it said that season ticket holders should get in on their ticket as they will have only had 18 games, rather than the 19 they signed up for. Unsure about this.

Might be wrong, but I don't think there was anything in the season ticket package guaranteeing us a specific number of games. Would be odd for the club to do that given the way the post-split fixtures work and also the uncertainty with Covid.

Personally I don't mind paying extra for the play-off but as a season ticket holder I'd just like some sort of priority window to secure my own seat.

On 4/26/2022 at 3:49 PM, garydavidson said:

Imagine the state of the games if it was us v Partick Thistle? Two of the worst pitches in the country.

To be fair Thistles didn’t look too bad last night and ours was ok against St Mirren. Firhill has even terrible this season though.

If we are lucky enough to get a play off, we will have absolutely nae chance of beating Inverness...no chance. Inverness have belief, passion, teamwork  and determination, we have zero of those integral ingredients.  They are miles better sadly. This is awful. Feels like the beginning of an even more terrible time. Atrocious situation.

13 hours ago, Havana Saint said:

If we are lucky enough to get a play off, we will have absolutely nae chance of beating Inverness...no chance. Inverness have belief, passion, teamwork  and determination, we have zero of those integral ingredients.  They are miles better sadly. This is awful. Feels like the beginning of an even more terrible time. Atrocious situation.

All the sadder than no attempt was made to win the previous 2 games and avoid this whole situation. Feels like the playoff place has been the aim since Dec.

The irony is, I think if we survive the playoffs, it is possible to have a decent season next season.

Livi might lose their manager as clubs in England are sniffing around. St. Mirren haven't had a great time with their new manager, nor have Aberdeen with Goodwin - I could see both going before Xmas if it continued. McInnes might be off to Hibs, which would leave Killie worse off. I doubt the Ross County manager will stay given the job he's done, neither will many of the players that have got them to the position they are in. That's 4/5 clubs already starting the season not in the best of shape.

13 minutes ago, Linky said:

The irony is, I think if we survive the playoffs, it is possible to have a decent season next season.

Livi might lose their manager as clubs in England are sniffing around. St. Mirren haven't had a great time with their new manager, nor have Aberdeen with Goodwin - I could see both going before Xmas if it continued. McInnes might be off to Hibs, which would leave Killie worse off. I doubt the Ross County manager will stay given the job he's done, neither will many of the players that have got them to the position they are in. That's 4/5 clubs already starting the season not in the best of shape.

Straw clutching!

15 minutes ago, Linky said:

So our hopes for next season is for other teams to lose players and managers.

Our only hope whether in premiership or championship is to get rid of Davidson ,the manager.