St.Johnstone V St.Mirren - Saturday 30th April

SaintJet

Calum refered to this as a  "game that would devine our season."  Hard to argue really.

We need to win this against a team that are on the ropes and hope things fall for us to have a chance to avoid the play off game.

A drab nervy affair lies ahead.

Edited by SaintJet

Win we put the pressure on St Mirren. Lose it, the pressure is on us and gives Dundee hope. Draw and we are in the playoffs (Dundee then need to win 2 and draw 1 to catch us that is not going to happen)

Callum will play for a draw a hope to may be steal a win.

Me to hell with it go for the win 3 4 3

1 hour ago, pezza70 said:

Hopefully Sang starts and we don’t have Ciftci leading the front line.

COYS

I agree, I'd like Sang to start and also I'd like either May or Middleton to play instead of Ciftci. I know Middleton's not a striker but at least he injects some pace and energy into the team which can disrupt a defence. I'd felt Middleton's form was returning up until the Sevco game where he couldn't play because he was ineligible, and I don't think he's had many opportunities since.

1 hour ago, blueheaven said:

I agree, I'd like Sang to start and also I'd like either May or Middleton to play instead of Ciftci. I know Middleton's not a striker but at least he injects some pace and energy into the team which can disrupt a defence. I'd felt Middleton's form was returning up until the Sevco game where he couldn't play because he was ineligible, and I don't think he's had many opportunities since.

When Sang was pushing forward last week, really added some spark to our game and we felt immediately dangerous.

Have we seen much game time of a Hendry/May partnership up front? Any thoughts if this could be a good marriage. May is no longer the out and out striker he used to be, but he's still a smart player with skills.

I'm also not a fan of Cifci, never liked that signing.

12 minutes ago, Cleveland-Saint said:

When Sang was pushing forward last week, really added some spark to our game and we felt immediately dangerous.

Have we seen much game time of a Hendry/May partnership up front? Any thoughts if this could be a good marriage. May is no longer the out and out striker he used to be, but he's still a smart player with skills.

I'm also not a fan of Cifci, never liked that signing.

I've always felt May and Hendry link up pretty well together. I'd like us to have a bit more pace up there though.

I thought Ciftci looked really promising at first, but since his injury he's been very poor.

On 4/28/2022 at 10:44 AM, SaintJet said:

Calum refered to this as a  "game that would devine our season."  Hard to argue really.

We need to win this against a team that are on the ropes and hope things fall for us to have a chance to avoid the play off game.

A drab nervy affair lies ahead.

Has he told the players that though?!

1 hour ago, Cagey said:

Anyone got an updated list of contracts. I think we are stuck with McPherson,Crawford ,May & O'Halloran . Woopy do ,we will walk the championship next season.

This a match day thread so could you possibly keep your negative posts on the correct thread. Sorry I should have said all your posts because they are all negative. 

34 minutes ago, Stumpy1966 said:

This a match day thread so could you possibly keep your negative posts on the correct thread. Sorry I should have said all your posts because they are all negative. 

Sorry about posting on wrong thread . We are all human with human frailties.

You are not going to report me are you.

15 minutes ago, rik2304 said:

Guess we can tell who signed Crawford and Ciftci :laugh:

Someone who hasn't got a clue I'm guessing - hope he hangs around for a couple more years and we can have 11 of these quality signings in the team.

Might win us the League 1 / Tunnocks Tea Cake Cup double.

Exciting times ahead!