Sack the Manager?

Shibbydoo

Sack the Manager?  

137 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

16 minutes ago, Cleveland-Saint said:

Pretty pointless at this stage, we are ****ed either way ....  cant even be bothered to click the button

I voted yes from another poll after Kelty, that was when you could see the problems with the team went deeper, that was when we should have made the change.

I actually think we'd stand a better chance of staying up with a fresh manager. We all know how we are gonna play with Callum and it certainly won't be fighting for our lives, despite that being exactly what's needed. What a total mess we have become.

I'd sack him immediately. I honestly think we'll have a better chance of getting through the play-offs without him, even if that means going with a temporary caretaker combination of any of Macca/Cleland/Craig for the last few games. If we don't do that we're going to head into those play-offs with an attitude of holding out for 0-0 draws and we won't get a shot on target across the two games and against a hungry, confident Championship team we won't stand a chance. We could actually face a serious mauling.

1 minute ago, blueheaven said:

I'd sack him immediately. I honestly think we'll have a better chance of getting through the play-offs without him, even if that means going with a temporary caretaker combination of any of Macca/Cleland/Craig for the last few games. If we don't do that we're going to head into those play-offs against a hungry, confident Championship team with an attitude of holding out for 0-0 draws and we won't get a shot on target across the two games. And we all know where that will lead us.

I agree that we would have a better chance without Calum. I'm sorry but the players are just giving 100% for him probably because his tactics have drained all their confidence and will to fight to the death. He has to go now or at the end of the season but now for me.

We can't be worse with Liam etc in charge, its not possible.

18 minutes ago, blueheaven said:

I'd sack him immediately. I honestly think we'll have a better chance of getting through the play-offs without him, even if that means going with a temporary caretaker combination of any of Macca/Cleland/Craig for the last few games. If we don't do that we're going to head into those play-offs with an attitude of holding out for 0-0 draws and we won't get a shot on target across the two games and against a hungry, confident Championship team we won't stand a chance. We could actually face a serious mauling.

McLean is part of the problem. Get him to feck as well.

12 minutes ago, akuram said:

I agree that we would have a better chance without Calum. I'm sorry but the players are just giving 100% for him probably because his tactics have drained all their confidence and will to fight to the death. He has to go now or at the end of the season but now for me.

We can't be worse with Liam etc in charge, its not possible.

Liam would maybe be something I guess, even if not long-term. There's no other with such deep blue blood, maybe his passion could be contagious and get something out of the players in a playoff, its not like our tactics could get any worse.

With what we have become, going down is petrifying, our club right now is a long way from being able to bounce back up. We have to somehow stay up.

The time for change was weeks ago and the Board had no balls. Callum might make a decent second in command but has no Plan A, never mind the rest of the ****ing alphabet!

if he doesn’t resign, or get sacked, by Tuesday, he will stay to lead us in the next campaign. 

Disappointing stuff!

1 hour ago, Cleveland-Saint said:

Pretty pointless at this stage, we are ****ed either way ....  cant even be bothered to click the button

I voted yes from another poll after Kelty, that was when you could see the problems with the team went deeper, that was when we should have made the change.

We aren't ****ed though are we? We have a chance of staying up in a 2-legged playoff.

We just need to play to win.

36 minutes ago, Cagey said:

McLean is part of the problem. Get him to feck as well.

Agreed 100%. Striker coach? What is he coaching them to do exactly? 22 goals from 35 league games? Scoring  in a cup final buys you a lot of credit at a team like ours, but everything has an expiry date.

1 hour ago, blueheaven said:

Craig maybe, but the other two can share the taxi with CD.

1 hour ago, Saintdunc said:

The time for change was weeks ago and the Board had no balls. Callum might make a decent second in command but has no Plan A, never mind the rest of the ****ing alphabet!

if he doesn’t resign, or get sacked, by Tuesday, he will stay to lead us in the next campaign. 

Disappointing stuff!

If he is in charge next season, we are the next Falkirk.

Should have gone after Kelty but for me now it can’t be too soon, tonight/tomorrow, give Liam til end of season, bring someone in, doing anything would be a positive, 3 games to get some form before the play offs, then see where we are, we can then advertise for a new manager ( or give whoever took charge the job if a success), I honestly think anyone has a better chance of keeping us up in the play off then Callum just now, it’s just not working and no amount of us wanting to stay loyal to him is going to change that.

In 2 or 3 years we ll remember him as a great player and a manager who gave us the most amazing season albeit ruined by Covid, he made a shit year bearable, but right now his times up and it’s time to go.

If he had any decency should walk tonight, I think we stand a better chance in any potential play off if he wasn’t here, and he can take MacLean and eck with him, need a total clear out, let’s no go back the way and appoint former managers, a fresh start is needed, only problem is they will inherit the total dross like Crawford, ,MacPerson with their long term contracts, who sanctioned these at boardroom level, add to that cifti, May, butterfield, booth, brown, Parrish, underperformers like macart, Gordon. Tried to look at their positives along with the other dross in the team and my first impressions were right they are shit and lack fight, and are huge part of the reason we are where we are along with cautious cals tactics. 

but still waiting on the know your place, shite in the eighties, punching above our weight crew to justify this shit fest is okay and we should just accept this, nah the Manager is dragging this club down with his shit anti football tactics when we were in a decent place 9 months ago and signed a whole lot of dross, who knows if it was him, the recently departed  recruitment dude or broon, some fcuker has made a right mess of it!.

Edited by crieffsaintandy

2 hours ago, crieffsaintandy said:

If he had any decency should walk tonight, I think we stand a better chance in any potential play off if he wasn’t here, and he can take MacLean and eck with him, need a total clear out, let’s no go back the way and appoint former managers, a fresh start is needed, only problem is they will inherit the total dross like Crawford, ,MacPerson with their long term contracts, who sanctioned these at boardroom level, add to that cifti, May, butterfield, booth, brown, Parrish, underperformers like macart, Gordon. Tried to look at their positives along with the other dross in the team and my first impressions were right they are shit and lack fight, and are huge part of the reason we are where we are along with cautious cals tactics. 

but still waiting on the know your place, shite in the eighties, punching above our weight crew to justify this shit fest is okay and we should just accept this, nah the Manager is dragging this club down with his shit anti football tactics when we were in a decent place 9 months ago and signed a whole lot of dross, who knows if it was him, the recently departed  recruitment dude or broon, some fcuker has made a right mess of it!.

The signings were made in a pandemic when no one was moving anywhere, also during a period where we were leaving Europe, so in a sense there were less players about elsehwhere at other clubs. Recruitment became more difficult AND we made a hash of it with the laptop dude.

We ARE punching above our weight, we WERE shite not so long ago, mid 2000s, and we should know our place. Perth didn't double in population and we didn't get a oligarch owner. We are still a well run club, we are still in the Premier and that's all I'd ask for. All else is gravy.

You can't sack the manager at this point in the season, and i'm afraid, like a lot of the players I think many have accepted we are in the Play-offs, and that was accepted weeks back. The real shock would be if we fail to overcome one of the three teams in the running. And there are no guarantees we are good enough. In fact, not sure we are. 

Watched the match today and the quality, or lack of it was easy to see.  We were pish.

1 hour ago, MySpazz said:

The signings were made in a pandemic when no one was moving anywhere, also during a period where we were leaving Europe, so in a sense there were less players about elsehwhere at other clubs. Recruitment became more difficult AND we made a hash of it with the laptop dude.

We ARE punching above our weight, we WERE shite not so long ago, mid 2000s, and we should know our place. Perth didn't double in population and we didn't get a oligarch owner. We are still a well run club, we are still in the Premier and that's all I'd ask for. All else is gravy.

You can't sack the manager at this point in the season, and i'm afraid, like a lot of the players I think many have accepted we are in the Play-offs, and that was accepted weeks back. The real shock would be if we fail to overcome one of the three teams in the running. And there are no guarantees we are good enough. In fact, not sure we are. 

Watched the match today and the quality, or lack of it was easy to see.  We were pish.

Incredibly sad to see any Saints supporter with such a small-time attitude. ‘We should know our place’. Good grief.

I’m assuming you’re a glass half empty kind of person, but you should keep those negative thoughts to yourself instead of dampening other people’s desire to strive for continued success.