If the manager is sacked

pezza70

Who would be our targets realistically, not once have we heard that CD’s job is under threat and no one has been linked to us?

The gossip has Roy Keane linked to Hibs I’m not too sure if that’s true or not but I’m guessing we are not going to be able to afford someone like that 

13 minutes ago, pezza70 said:

Who would be our targets realistically, not once have we heard that CD’s job is under threat and no one has been linked to us?

The gossip has Roy Keane linked to Hibs I’m not too sure if that’s true or not but I’m guessing we are not going to be able to afford someone like that 

Hope not. Good player but never a manager. Good luck Hibs. 

At the moment I'd have Liam Craig to look over the team until end of season. Then it depends on what league we'll be in anyway we'll see who's available. Highly doubt we'll be in a position to poach another manager unless it was potentially from lower league/part time outfit, whoever it is it won't be any high profile names like Ross or Keane etc. I don't think now or more so next season is the time for "an up and coming" manager, we need experience to sort this shite out and get whatll be left of the team playing basic football and can change tactics/formation when needed. 

36 minutes ago, blueheaven said:

I've said it before and will say it again: we should go for Jody Morris.

I don't see any appeal whatsoever with Roy Keane. To me he comes across as a bully.

Jody Morris would be amazing, but would he really come here? He would've been on a huge wage at Chelsea, I'm surprised he hasn't joined the Everton staff. Duberry as assistant would be incredible.

I honestly think Cleland, MacLean and Craig would do fine until the end of the season. I could see Craig as a future manager, and - to be honest - would have preferred him as assistant over MacLean.

Long-term, you either go down the ex-player route: Dasovic has had a decent coaching career. Or, it's just a case of who is knocking around: Jack Ross. Just hope that someone like Brown isn't looking for his first management job.

5 minutes ago, Linky said:

Jody Morris would be amazing, but would he really come here? He would've been on a huge wage at Chelsea, I'm surprised he hasn't joined the Everton staff. Duberry as assistant would be incredible.

Absolutely no idea if he'd come but we'd only find out by asking. No doubt he was on a huge wage at Chelsea but that was a while ago now and he doesn't seem to have have had a regular job recently.

In general I'm not a huge fan of bringing back club legends to be manager, but in someone like Jody's case I think his history with the club is the only reason we'd possibly be able to get him. 

I think he'd bring some excitement back to the club and players would want to sign for him and play for him.

3 minutes ago, Shibbydoo said:

Don't think Cleland has ever done much wrong, but Macca is a striking coach in a team that can't score goals.

Cheerio to him and Callum. Literally anyone until the end of the season then see where we are.

Utter disgrace we are in this position.

From what I've heard, MacLean has fallen out with a few players, and the atmosphere is not good. Both need to go for any change to happen really.

Edited by Linky

6 hours ago, blueheaven said:

I've said it before and will say it again: we should go for Jody Morris.

I don't see any appeal whatsoever with Roy Keane. To me he comes across as a bully.

Any idea why Morris didn't go to Everton as assistant manager ?.

32 minutes ago, Cagey said:

Any idea why Morris didn't go to Everton as assistant manager ?.

There were two reasons I read...first was Lampard didn't invite him onto the new set up as he thought he was too good a friend and Lampard thought that was part of the problem at Chelsea. He didn't want to offend Jody and went with his suggestions rather than dismissing them.

Second was Jody himself turned it down as he wanted to become the main man and had a few conversations with club owners in England but was waiting for the right job.

Not sure I'd really believe the first one...mind you don't think he'd come back up here with the family down south anyway.

Really don't see us sacking CD until we are relegated...even then I suspect he'll be given at least the early part of next season to show he can turn it around.

1 minute ago, JDee said:

I've heard that Derek Mcinnes has a low buyout of his contract.  We should be using our money to bring him home.

He wouldn't come now. He'll be backed big time next season by the Killie board.

Should've moved earlier when both he and Jack Ross were unemployed.

However... Bulletproof knows best.

Or...felt some responsibility for allowing the two last minute transfers.

Edited by rik2304

48 minutes ago, JDee said:

I've heard that Derek Mcinnes has a low buyout of his contract.  We should be using our money to bring him home.

We've completely missed the boat on McInnes, sadly. Why would he leave a club he's taking up to join a club on its way down?

When you look at what has been a success for Saints, there is a template. Young coaches with new ideas who have played at various levels in both England and Scotland and have the contacts to match.

Obviously Tommy Wright bucked that trend but he offered continuity at a real high point for the club when we had just finished third. I don't think anyone can argue that isn't the scenario we are in at the moment. 

A name that jumps out at me is Steven Naismith, who ticks those boxes and has hands on experience under his belt now. 

2 hours ago, Saintdunc said:

Thinking outside the box what about Robbie Horn at Bonnyrigg Rose. 

Absolute first class guy, have yet to hear a bad word said against him.  Grandson plays for Rose at 15 year old level.

Have to say though it would be a big jump.

2 hours ago, Shaggy Jenkins said:

Honestly, it will probably be scoffed at but don't think Maloney got a fair crack at Hibs 

I thought a similar thing, but Hibs must have really felt he was poor to pull the trigger so quickly with him.

I think David Healy is another name that would be worth considering.

And, surely ... Tommy Wright??

29 minutes ago, blueheaven said:

I thought a similar thing, but Hibs must have really felt he was poor to pull the trigger so quickly with him.

I think David Healy is another name that would be worth considering.

And, surely ... Tommy Wright??

Would he really be prepared to sacrifice Europe for our Championship? Healy I mean!

Edited by Saintdunc

5 hours ago, Radford 72 said:

When you look at what has been a success for Saints, there is a template. Young coaches with new ideas who have played at various levels in both England and Scotland and have the contacts to match.

Obviously Tommy Wright bucked that trend but he offered continuity at a real high point for the club when we had just finished third. I don't think anyone can argue that isn't the scenario we are in at the moment. 

A name that jumps out at me is Steven Naismith, who ticks those boxes and has hands on experience under his belt now. 

Very much risk/reward.  Maloney and Glass fit into that category and played stinking football.  Always hate when managers have a "philosophy" that they need to stick to regardless of results or players they have (sounds familiar).

No doubt we'll get heavily linked to Scott Brown and Steven Naismith by the media if the manager goes.  I'd prefer to get someone experienced in and a name that sticks out is Hartley.  

Had one really bad spell at Falkirk but otherwise been a success.  Ideally would love Mcinnes but probably unlikely he'd leave Kilmarnock for us unless we chucked money at him.