Full Strength v Squad Rotation this Sunday

pezza70

As we have now qualified for the play off do you think we play our strongest team on Saturday against Hibs to try and build on the win against Aberdeen or do we play it safe and not run the risk of injuries and cards which may lead to suspensions for the guys who will be playing in the first leg?

9 minutes ago, Saintdunc said:

This is the ideal opportunity to have Bair, Mahon, Gilmour, Eetu, Sang and even Max, if he is in the country, on from the start.

Max was at the game last night but I'm not sure we're allowed to field him this season as he's already played for two teams? Agree, though, that we should probably protect our key players during the Hibs game and give some of the fringe players a chance.

Time to rest players, not for fear of injury but the cards thing would be a worry. I presume they don't reset for the play offs. Bair or Cifti to start I would think. Anyone know how far Spoony is off getting mins. He was back training so wonder if he is ready to get 10 mins yet or if it is way off.

4 minutes ago, Rob said:

Time to rest players, not for fear of injury but the cards thing would be a worry. I presume they don't reset for the play offs. Bair or Cifti to start I would think. Anyone know how far Spoony is off getting mins. He was back training so wonder if he is ready to get 10 mins yet or if it is way off.

cant see it being Cifti,one of my more observant mates in Main Stand  said he was warming up at half time last night and thinks he was about to replace Hendry due to his booking but limped of with what looked like calf injury 

Callum  certainly suggested last night that if possible his team on Sunday will not include key players carrying knocks or those at risk of suspension.  Add on the likes of Zander and Middleton who might not be in either category and it will be interesting to see who is left.

1 hour ago, THE LARK SAINT said:

cant see it being Cifti,one of my more observant mates in Main Stand  said he was warming up at half time last night and thinks he was about to replace Hendry due to his booking but limped of with what looked like calf injury 

Never saw Ciftci warming up at half time and saw him going into dugout 2 mins before second half started and just assumed he had taken a hissy fit for not getting a game.

16 hours ago, Cagey said:

Never saw Ciftci warming up at half time and saw him going into dugout 2 mins before second half started and just assumed he had taken a hissy fit for not getting a game.

Yep, we noticed he wasn't with the other subs at half-time and didn't come out to warm up during the second half until close to the 70 minute mark. We were speculating over whether he'd injured himself or chucked a wobbler.

16 minutes ago, MrBored said:

Got to rest Hendry. Would be a nightmare if he picked up an injury prior to the play off.

I would rest him and Middleton for starters. Muzz is due a rest. At the age of the guy he was still charging all over the park at 94 minutes. There are few others that could be rested but we don't want a bad defeat.

1 hour ago, dunkeldneil said:

I remember all the games we had when we where playing in Europe this season at the time I hoped that callum would rest a few of the players when we could but he didint hopefully he does but unfortunately with his stubbornness can't see it

I don't think I'll ever be able to forgive him for playing our full-strength team against Dundee United just a few days before arguably the most important game in our history. Still think that decision played a massive part in LASK knocking us out.

8 minutes ago, blueheaven said:

I don't think I'll ever be able to forgive him for playing our full-strength team against Dundee United just a few days before arguably the most important game in our history. Still think that decision played a massive part in LASK knocking us out.

And the bizarre lack of general team strengthening. 

You'd have thought Brow might have learned from 2014 but no.

Sunday's game means nothing. Do not play your playoff starting XI nor anyone who is a yellow card away from suspension. That is commonsense. However CD does not seem to have any he will play our only back 3 and other starters and hope for the best. If he does it may come back and bite him

2 hours ago, blueheaven said:

He also failed to see players losing momentum after 60 minutes of the LASK game.

3 hours ago, pezza70 said:

Anyone think we might play Hendry and Bair up front for the first leg of the playoff 

Think Bair might possibly start against Hibs, but unless he does something spectacular (which seems unlikely) there's no way he's starting in the play-off. May and Middleton are rightfully both ahead of him in the queue, and Ciftci might be too.

8 hours ago, blueheaven said:

Totally agree the players where tired even before the dundee united game and he still wouldn't rest anyone