Full Strength v Squad Rotation this Sunday

pezza70

Not up on the rules but whether or not we might have wished to play one or two of our more promising youth players was not an option as they have a cup final today.

Hope none of our certain starts for Friday picked up an injury.  At least the likes of Zander, Hendry and Hallberg were nowhere near the action.

Great confidence boost for Friday . 6 shots on target 4 goals. James Scott who hasn't scored all season and isn't rated by the fans scores 3 goals.

Why do non scoring strikers always manage to get off the mark against us.

Gutless performance (again). Hopefully a number of these players won't be with us next season (except MacPherson unfortunately). Would not be surprised if the way things are going we resign Parrish but he seems incapable of saving any shot that is on target. Why Sinclair wasn't given a a run out is beyond me. That abject performance will have given ICT a lot of encouragement and yet again the supporters let down by a number of players players who look as they couldn't care less. What a total wate of  day. If we are anything like that on Friday its hello Championship.

46 minutes ago, Pat McGroin said:

Actually thought we were playing pretty well for the first half hour. You’ll never win games if the defence can’t compete for crosses and you’ve basically got a goalkeeper that changes direction slower than oil tanker. 

I think it shows where we've been this season that the first half probably could be viewed as decent. We at least managed a few passes but then were heavy in midfield with both strikers dropping in rather than being in dangerous areas. We still didn't have nearly enough width. 

If you look at the five shots we had in the first half, they were all from outside the box. We had one touch inside the Hibs box (and it was unsuccessful) yet, I can't disagree that given our standards, that first half seemed alright. What a poor reflection that is on Saints. 

From the moment the ref called time on Wednesday Callum has made it crystal clear that his only concerns about the Hibs game were to try and avoid injuries and suspensions to key players in advance of the playoff.  That must have come across loud and clear to the players especially to the fringe guys who must have known they were only on the pitch to protect the likes of Zander and Hendry.  Given also that Callum would have difficulty motivating a nun to go to mass is it any wonder that after a fairly bright opening an attitude of indifference eventually prevailed? 

3 hours ago, Radford 72 said:

I think it shows where we've been this season that the first half probably could be viewed as decent. We at least managed a few passes but then were heavy in midfield with both strikers dropping in rather than being in dangerous areas. We still didn't have nearly enough width. 

I thought midfield was ok for the first 45 - Butterfield and Cammy were getting time on the ball and controlling it well enough - the problem was the lack of movement up front. Cifti was drifting in and out and I thought Middleton drifted too wide too often. It meant that the short quick pass wasn't available as often as it could have been. 

Add to that the wing-backs not getting forward (Cleary/Rooney definitely have a communication/linkup problem when playing together) and it explains the inability to turn possession into real chances.

What is it with our keepers who can’t collect a ball at any post . Zander is pish at it . Parish do you have hands ? Mannus was pretty poor at near post / far post saves . Look back the last few seasons and you will agree at the manor of goals we lose at the posts . I can just imagine the team talk from away managers !  Auch just aim for any post with a drive !! 

4 hours ago, Dav69 said:

What is it with our keepers who can’t collect a ball at any post . Zander is pish at it . Parish do you have hands ? Mannus was pretty poor at near post / far post saves . Look back the last few seasons and you will agree at the manor of goals we lose at the posts . I can just imagine the team talk from away managers !  Auch just aim for any post with a drive !! 

None of those goals were anywhere near a post, unless you mean Parish was a post in the middle of the goal?

A very embarrassing goalkeeping performance.