Inverness Caley V St.Johnstone - Friday 20th May

SaintJet

15 hours ago, Johnny B said:

My poin t is he will not change the system How about

Parish

Rooney Cleary Mahon MCart

MOH Butterfield Crawford Sang

Middleton Ciftci 

That is not risking Brown or Gordon and we do not have to play Rooney at centre back and MOH at left wing back

Agree with you about Davidson's stubbornness but I really don't think the above would have been any better. Have McCart and Sang ever played in those positions? Given that Booth and Gallagher are both injured, it's unavoidable that someone's going to have to play out of position.

And I'd worry that a midfield two of Butterfield and Crawford would get completely overrun. I think Butterfield and Muzz on the pitch together works to an extent because Muzz needs a ball-player beside him and Butterfield needs a ball-winner beside him. But even then there needs to be a third midfielder with them who has a bit of attacking nous and mobility. That's what we saw work against Aberdeen. But to be honest we need younger, better versions of both of them.

23 hours ago, Johnny B said:

My poin t is he will not change the system How about

Parish

Rooney Cleary Mahon MCart

MOH Butterfield Crawford Sang

Middleton Ciftci 

That is not risking Brown or Gordon and we do not have to play Rooney at centre back and MOH at left wing back

Is Clark & Gordon ijured and Hallberg suspended ?. Is Ciftci going to do something he hasn't managed since window. Mahan and Crawford ?.

Please confirm you are on the windup as I thought you were one of the more sensible poster on here.

Devine appeal turned down by 3 honest men. Wonder how much it costs to get 3 wise men together at short notice.

Is this a sign of things to come with VAR as there was a lot of devided opinion on the sending off , so it's down to one man's opinion and , in Scotland will referees agree with their mates.

On 5/17/2022 at 4:45 PM, akuram said:

Checked out Now TV , they seem to have a £ 5.99 offer for one day for sky sports channels until the 20th which is Friday.

Think you would need to wait until Friday so that is the 24 hours we need.

Check it out.

You could buy it now, it only starts when you activate it.

35 minutes ago, Cagey said:

Is Clark & Gordon ijured and Hallberg suspended ?. Is Ciftci going to do something he hasn't managed since window. Mahan and Crawford ?.

Please confirm you are on the windup as I thought you were one of the more sensible poster on here.

Hallberg gives the match preview and says all the guys are ready.  I think he would have mentioned if any key players were doubts.

15 hours ago, Cagey said:

Pretty sure he was suggesting an alternative line-up for our previous game, not suggesting what the team should be for the Caley game.

On 5/17/2022 at 7:02 PM, saintee in exile said:

I don't really give a f#ck tbh the short term future is screwed whatever happens.It might be more exciting in the Championship than another relegation battle,which has been anything but exciting.There I said it haha

How do you know we wouldn't end up in another relegation battle in the Championship? Just look at how Hamilton's season has gone. You mention excitement but I'm finding it hard to expect any excitement to come from struggling in front of tiny crowds against Ayr and Morton. Anyone who thinks we'd walk straight into an exciting promotion season should maybe ask themselves how exactly a team that can't score goals, and is about to lose the few impactful players it has, is possibly going to achieve that.

I really think going down would be disastrous for us and somehow finding a way to beat Caley is absolutely vital to this club.

13 minutes ago, blueheaven said:

How do you know we wouldn't end up in another relegation battle in the Championship? Just look at how Hamilton's season has gone. You mention excitement but I'm finding it hard to expect any excitement to come from struggling in front of tiny crowds against Ayr and Morton. Anyone who thinks we'd walk straight into an exciting promotion season should maybe ask themselves how exactly a team that can't score goals, and is about to lose the few impactful players it has, is possibly going to achieve that.

I really think going down would be disastrous for us and somehow finding a way to beat Caley is absolutely vital to this club.

I agree the drop will see us on struggle st next season, Dundee are straight down again and will be in for a fight to come back up on the rebound.

This team doesn’t have a Roddy or O’Boyle who will knock in 20 goals next season in Div 1 and more then likely won’t find one via free agency or the window, our best chance to attract better then what we have at present is to stay up in the top flight 

17 hours ago, Cagey said:

It was an answer to a statement earlier how CD plays players out of position to preserve his 3 at the back and wingbacks. It was a suggestion of how we could have finished the Hibs game rather than Rooney centre back and MOH left wing back 

10 hours ago, blueheaven said:

So what difference does it make We will be down next season with those set of players and CD at the helm.If your worrying about us competing in the Championship how on earth are we going to compete in the SPL.Dundee is the only reason we still have a chance of staying up and with the liklelihood of our best players leaving at the end of the season how exactly are we going to stay up.? I'd take Ayr or Morton rather than  7-0 hammering from Celtic,wheres the joy in that?

42 minutes ago, Saints11 said:

St Johnstone rested several regulars at Easter Road, but Davidson explained "we lost one or two players at the start of the week" without providing any details.  

Any ideas which one or two players Davidson is referring to

A bit careless losing them . I wonder if they will find them before Tomorrow.

2 hours ago, Saints11 said:

St Johnstone rested several regulars at Easter Road, but Davidson explained "we lost one or two players at the start of the week" without providing any details.  

Any ideas which one or two players Davidson is referring to

So he doesn’t know if if it was 1 or 2. 

WTF!

12 hours ago, saintee in exile said:

So what difference does it make We will be down next season with those set of players and CD at the helm.If your worrying about us competing in the Championship how on earth are we going to compete in the SPL.Dundee is the only reason we still have a chance of staying up and with the liklelihood of our best players leaving at the end of the season how exactly are we going to stay up.? I'd take Ayr or Morton rather than  7-0 hammering from Celtic,wheres the joy in that?

Surely the one thing that's vital is staying up. Then we can at least try to have a better season next year (I'm not at all confident that will happen, but it still needs to be the aim). If we go down then every area of the club will suffer, our squad will get even worse, our crowds will get even worse, there will probably be job losses. We've seen before that once we go down it's tough to get back up and we could end up trapped there for years. Last time we were down it took seven years to get back up, and most of those seven years were anything but exciting. For the most part they were soul-destroying.

No one wants to get hammered 7-0 by Celtic but surely as a club we need to be there for those matches so that we can at least try to get better results (which we have managed to do in not-so-distant times). I don't want all the hard work of the last decade to be flushed down the toilet because of one rotten season, and for that to then be romanticised with some skewed notion that it'll be more fun in the Championship anyway. It won't be fun. It'll be a nightmare, and if it happens it should be seen as a huge embarrassment for the club to have screwed up so enormously that they've end up back there.

44 minutes ago, blueheaven said:

t'll be a nightmare, and if it happens it should be seen as a huge embarrassment for the club to have screwed up so enormously that they've end up back there.

Far too many people involved with the club and some fans (even on here) won't see it that way though. It'll be a case of..."It's just our time. We've had a good run." Etc etc.

The Championship was a living hell the last time. To the point I was certainly seeing the future of the club being mid table second tier club. A home for full of old talent and jobbers.

It was not fun, it certainly wasn't romantic being in Arbroath in a new year's Day storm, or traveling to Dumfries in the blowing wind and snow to scrape a 0-0 draw and see another year where you were off the pace by Feb.

I am not prepared to go through that again