Inverness Caley V St.Johnstone - Friday 20th May

SaintJet

The Championship would be ok for the first 6 months, would look forward to Cove Rangers away as never been to new ground, Queens Park away ( only if in new ground, I think I read ground sharing with Hamilton which would just mean 4 trips there ) but beyond that it will get shit very quickly.

Just 9 other teams to play against , your playing the same team again very quickly.

It would be a disaster for the club to go down, budgets would be cut for everything and I m not confident at all that the squad we have would do any better a league down.

I don’t actually care how badly we play tonight or Monday, just as long as we win, that’s the only acceptable option, winning.

I suspect Callum’s staying so either way it’s going to be hard next year as we ll go into next season with much the same squad minus the better players Hendry, Clark, Rooney.

I d like a complete change but I think best hope is Callum actually does as he says and learns from this season, we change the way we play over the summer and get a few new signings in of the quality of the players we ll lose at least.

24 minutes ago, Strawman said:

The Championship would be ok for the first 6 months, would look forward to Cove Rangers away as never been to new ground, Queens Park away ( only if in new ground, I think I read ground sharing with Hamilton which would just mean 4 trips there ) but beyond that it will get shit very quickly.

Just 9 other teams to play against , your playing the same team again very quickly.

It would be a disaster for the club to go down, budgets would be cut for everything and I m not confident at all that the squad we have would do any better a league down.

I don’t actually care how badly we play tonight or Monday, just as long as we win, that’s the only acceptable option, winning.

I suspect Callum’s staying so either way it’s going to be hard next year as we ll go into next season with much the same squad minus the better players Hendry, Clark, Rooney.

I d like a complete change but I think best hope is Callum actually does as he says and learns from this season, we change the way we play over the summer and get a few new signings in of the quality of the players we ll lose at least.

If he hasn't learned and changed things this season , can't see him doing it next season.

If we go down the only way I will be consoled is if Davidson is not there next season. If he is still here I certainly won't be renewing my season ticket.

1 hour ago, blueheaven said:

Surely the one thing that's vital is staying up. Then we can at least try to have a better season next year (I'm not at all confident that will happen, but it still needs to be the aim). If we go down then every area of the club will suffer, our squad will get even worse, our crowds will get even worse, there will probably be job losses. We've seen before that once we go down it's tough to get back up and we could end up trapped there for years. Last time we were down it took seven years to get back up, and most of those seven years were anything but exciting. For the most part they were soul-destroying.

No one wants to get hammered 7-0 by Celtic but surely as a club we need to be there for those matches so that we can at least try to get better results (which we have managed to do in not-so-distant times). I don't want all the hard work of the last decade to be flushed down the toilet because of one rotten season, and for that to then be romanticised with some skewed notion that it'll be more fun in the Championship anyway. It won't be fun. It'll be a nightmare, and if it happens it should be seen as a huge embarrassment for the club to have screwed up so enormously that they've end up back there.

Great post BH!

We have established ourselves as a top tier team and the younger fans attending games in the past 10 years is a positive trend. We need to keep ourselves up and the take a long hard look at the playing staff and mangement.

1 hour ago, rik2304 said:

Far too many people involved with the club and some fans (even on here) won't see it that way though. It'll be a case of..."It's just our time. We've had a good run." Etc etc.

Very true, and very depressing. This tends to be when all the "it's our natural level" stuff gets trotted out too. Our level is what we make it.

38 minutes ago, Cagey said:

If he hasn't learned and changed things this season , can't see him doing it next season.

If we go down the only way I will be consoled is if Davidson is not there next season. If he is still here I certainly won't be renewing my season ticket.

There is a bright side then:wub:

3 hours ago, blueheaven said:

Surely the one thing that's vital is staying up. Then we can at least try to have a better season next year (I'm not at all confident that will happen, but it still needs to be the aim). If we go down then every area of the club will suffer, our squad will get even worse, our crowds will get even worse, there will probably be job losses. We've seen before that once we go down it's tough to get back up and we could end up trapped there for years. Last time we were down it took seven years to get back up, and most of those seven years were anything but exciting. For the most part they were soul-destroying.

No one wants to get hammered 7-0 by Celtic but surely as a club we need to be there for those matches so that we can at least try to get better results (which we have managed to do in not-so-distant times). I don't want all the hard work of the last decade to be flushed down the toilet because of one rotten season, and for that to then be romanticised with some skewed notion that it'll be more fun in the Championship anyway. It won't be fun. It'll be a nightmare, and if it happens it should be seen as a huge embarrassment for the club to have screwed up so enormously that they've end up back there.

I guess I'm just sore at how the Chairman and CD have royally screwed things up and CDs idea of a good player and his lack of flexibility with regards to formations and tactics is very depressing.

1 hour ago, blueheaven said:

Very true, and very depressing. This tends to be when all the "it's our natural level" stuff gets trotted out too. Our level is what we make it.

What type of quality player would we attract in the championship next season, it would be journeyman and players who are past their prime

The revenue from TV is another loss plus the inflated crowds for OF games would be another miss for us.

We have to stay up and continue our 7 year fun in the top flight.

As for CD saying it’s not our right to be in the top flight then surely he should be managing a championship team with no ambition 

5 hours ago, blueheaven said:

We have to stay up, the way the club is right now I dont see us bouncing back up and we could wallow down there for some time

Seems like I.C.T. are ripping off Saints fans for ticket prices.

Spfl dictate clubs are to charge minimum of £18 for adults.

Clubs to agree on prices.

Saints Charging £18 

I.C.T. charging £20.

Surely Saints didn't agree to the £20?

Or have I misread the rules?

Just now, Johnny B said:

Brow left wingback?

Nobody else.

Davidson just loves McPherson. I suppose he will be on corners and free kicks. Will get nothing from them then.

Crawford must be injured but no info given on him being missing last week. Maybe we have lost him after all.

5 minutes ago, Cagey said:

Nobody else.

Davidson just loves McPherson. I suppose he will be on corners and free kicks. Will get nothing from them then.

Crawford must be injured but no info given on him being missing last week. Maybe we have lost him after all.

Some good news but MacPherson is bad enough.