Inverness Caley V St.Johnstone - Friday 20th May

SaintJet

4 hours ago, MySpazz said:

You answered the question which is very bloody obvious, and has been said a number of times 

The team is not good enough.
The manager is doing the best with a bad bunch
The manager is not the problem. The players are just not good enough.
When Monday's potential disaster happens (?) the "sack the manager" folk will be barking up the wrong tree....again!

He hasn't signed someone better because we have a playing budget, a budget, like any other company, that's used up. They have high earners, like May, who can't simply be "moved on". You need to understand how football contracts work. They are not your average employment contract.

Next...

We have had a staggering 41 players play or appear on the bench for us this season.

Four have never got on from the bench, one of those a Davidson signing: 

Ross Sinclair unused sub 9
Jordan Northcott unused sub 9 
Sam Denham unused sub 4
Jahmal Hector-Ingram unused 4

Of the 41 players Davidson has signed 21:

John Mahon, Theo Bair, Melker Hallberg, Nadic Ciftci, James Brown, Dan Cleary, Ali Crawford, Cammy MacPherson, Tony Gallacher, Eetu Vertainen, Glenn Middleton, Tom Sang, Hayden Muller, Lars Dendoncker, Reece Devine, Jacob Butterfield, Viv Solomon-Otabor, Efe Ambrose, Jahmal Hector-Ingram, Craig Bryson, Charlie Gilmour.

How can you possibly, unless you are on the wind up, say that Davidson is " doing the best with a bad bunch" he has bought the majority of players who are at the club today. He created this bad bunch - he is responsible. Tommy Wright never once had a squad the size of the one this season, I am hard stretched to think of any Saints manager having so many players at his disposal. Any using up of the player budget was done by Davidson - not by anyone else. 

3 hours ago, garydavidson said:

We have had a staggering 41 players play or appear on the bench for us this season.

Four have never got on from the bench, one of those a Davidson signing: 

Ross Sinclair unused sub 9
Jordan Northcott unused sub 9 
Sam Denham unused sub 4
Jahmal Hector-Ingram unused 4

Of the 41 players Davidson has signed 21:

John Mahon, Theo Bair, Melker Hallberg, Nadic Ciftci, James Brown, Dan Cleary, Ali Crawford, Cammy MacPherson, Tony Gallacher, Eetu Vertainen, Glenn Middleton, Tom Sang, Hayden Muller, Lars Dendoncker, Reece Devine, Jacob Butterfield, Viv Solomon-Otabor, Efe Ambrose, Jahmal Hector-Ingram, Craig Bryson, Charlie Gilmour.

How can you possibly, unless you are on the wind up, say that Davidson is " doing the best with a bad bunch" he has bought the majority of players who are at the club today. He created this bad bunch - he is responsible. Tommy Wright never once had a squad the size of the one this season, I am hard stretched to think of any Saints manager having so many players at his disposal. Any using up of the player budget was done by Davidson - not by anyone else. 

Wow you forget just how many players have turned out for us this season, the kit alone must have cost thousands to deck them all out.

Maybe CD owns a share in the local laundromat where they take them to get laundered haha 

I do hope all Inverness fans get thoroughly searched like we got.

after the Inverness dudes  despicable behaviour at the start of the first  game I would ban them all and give them a night in the cells with a  hefty fine.at least the spangles got soaked ha ha.

1 hour ago, Miguel Simao said:

I guess Broon doesn't want to spend money on opening it unless every available seat is gone?(which they nearly are) feck knows. It was open for the St Mirren game but not this?

They should be doing a fiver for the entrance and get a big home support to cheer on the lads, 

COYS

22 minutes ago, pezza70 said:

They should be doing a fiver for the entrance and get a big home support to cheer on the lads, 

COYS

They can’t .even I ken that.

the league have stipulated minimum prices and season tickets not valid.

don’t blame the club .

read the official crap if ye don’t believe me.

great idea mind .

18 hours ago, MySpazz said:

You answered the question which is very bloody obvious, and has been said a number of times 

The team is not good enough.
The manager is doing the best with a bad bunch
The manager is not the problem. The players are just not good enough.
When Monday's potential disaster happens (?) the "sack the manager" folk will be barking up the wrong tree....again!

He hasn't signed someone better because we have a playing budget, a budget, like any other company, that's used up. They have high earners, like May, who can't simply be "moved on". You need to understand how football contracts work. They are not your average employment contract.

Next...

Oh come on, that makes no logical sense and I'm sure you know that.

If Davidson was in a Tommy Wright situation and had not been permitted to sign any players, then I'd accept that his hands have been tied by his budget. But he has signed 19 (nineteen!!) new players during this one season, and four of them have been strikers. That sort of backing from the board is pretty much unprecedented as far as I can remember. The playing budget has been used up because he used it up. You can see that, right? He's had all year. He's had plenty of budget. So, again, why has he not signed someone better?

1 hour ago, blueheaven said:

Oh come on, that makes no logical sense and I'm sure you know that.

If Davidson was in a Tommy Wright situation and had not been permitted to sign any players, then I'd accept that his hands have been tied by his budget. But he has signed 19 (nineteen!!) new players during this one season, and four of them have been strikers. That sort of backing from the board is pretty much unprecedented as far as I can remember. The playing budget has been used up because he used it up. You can see that, right? He's had all year. He's had plenty of budget. So, again, why has he not signed someone better?

CD's strategy of signing players seemed to be of a scatter gun approach - get as many in as possible and hope one or two of them work out. At the moment that's none! The biggest influence on us not being relegated stright off was Hendry returning from Killie.

6 minutes ago, MySpazz said:

He plays May because he is the least worst option.

But you said May was the root of all our problems. If so, why not play Bair, Hector-Ingram, Vertainen? How can may simultaneously be the root of all our problems and the least worst option when there are other strikers who could be brought on instead?

26 minutes ago, garydavidson said:

The 'other worse' options are all Davidson signings.

May runs about a bit and looks like he is trying. He runs back and forward between 2 centre backs , not getting near anyone. He also looks like he is trying to avoid the ball when he is jumping for high balls.

It would be interesting to see his touches per minutes on the park as I don't think it will be many.

3 hours ago, Linky said:

But you said May was the root of all our problems. If so, why not play Bair, Hector-Ingram, Vertainen? How can may simultaneously be the root of all our problems and the least worst option when there are other strikers who could be brought on instead?

May is one of the major problems, partly because he is now not up to the standard, the other reason being he likely commands a big chunk of the playing budget. Both these are the root of our problems: Substandard players for the current ask, who are on their last "big" contract at this level .

Next...

Edited by MySpazz

Inverness have nothing to lose. They get best they stay where they are .Saints get beat and they could be in the Championship for a long time.

Caley's fans will be right behind them. Our fans will be nervous and that could transmit to the players.

9 minutes ago, MySpazz said:

May is one of the major problems, partly because he is now not up to the standard, the other reason being he likely commands a big chunk of the playing budget. Both these are the root of our problems: Substandard players for the current ask, who are on their last "big" contract at this level .

Next...

I agree. So, once again - why not play Bair or Hector-Ingram or Vertainen. Or, if these players are even worse, why did Davidson sign them?

Just now, Linky said:

I agree. So, once again - why not play Bair or Hector-Ingram or Vertainen. Or, if these players are even worse, why did Davidson sign them?

Based on what he was told, the agents, the level of player he "thought" he was getting, the liquidiity for players in a lockdown.

There's a poster on here who was advising the manager/talent ID recruitment person. I'd look at the failings in the transfer market going back to Kristen "three stands" Robertson, and then the laptop person who came in.

Davidson alone didn't make those decisions, cos if he did, i'm sure he'd have tried to sign messi :)

No signing at a football club is the managers alone. Bair and Vertainen were gambles that sadly we've all seen a few times before. But Bair looks the player, and what's to say it wasn't Dasovic doing the recommending? 

All these opinions can settle after tonights match, because the manager and the backbone of the team are out the door on July 1 when contracts end / start elsewhere.

23 minutes ago, MySpazz said:

Next...

Why did Davidson give him that contract, a 2 year deal at that, then?