The Big Summer Transfer Window 2022 Thread

tucker

Thankfully Saints still in the premiership next season big window ahead, hopefully most will resign for next season but big ask to replace Zander, Rooney, Hendry and Mcart

Expect Muzz to sign up and with spoony and Kane back fully fit

Think ,cifti and Butterflied and parish to be released Bryson and Craig to retire

Think mahon great addition at the back and bair should hopefully come good but very big window ahead for Callum 

Please don't screw it up like last summer.   

Needing a few players decent quality thou not loans again I'd imagine the board have learnt there lessons

Hendry and Rooney sign up would be great to start with

So for reference, according to the stjohnstone1884 Twitter account's last update, the players out of contract are:

Clark
Parish
Rooney
McCart
Ambrose
Denham
Bryson
Butterfield
M Davidson
Craig
Moreland
Ciftci
Northcott
Hendry
Sang (end of loan)
Middleton (end of loan)

Contracted to end of season 2022/23 are:

Brown
Gilmour
Wotherspoon
Ferguson
O'Halloran
Kane
May
Vertainen
Hallberg

And contracted to end of season 2023/04 are:

Sinclair
Wills
Gallacher
Booth
Cleary
Gordon
Crawford
MacPherson
Ballantyne
Kucheriavyi
Mahon
Bair

45 minutes ago, tucker said:

Thankfully Saints still in the premiership next season big window ahead, hopefully most will resign for next season but big ask to replace Zander, Rooney, Hendry and Mcart

Expect Muzz to sign up and with spoony and Kane back fully fit

Think ,cifti and Butterflied and parish to be released Bryson and Craig to retire

Think mahon great addition at the back and bair should hopefully come good but very big window ahead for Callum 

Please don't screw it up like last summer.   

Needing a few players decent quality thou not loans again I'd imagine the board have learnt there lessons

Hendry and Rooney sign up would be great to start with

We can but dream.

7 minutes ago, blueheaven said:

So for reference, according to the stjohnstone1884 Twitter account's last update, the players out of contract are:

Clark
Parish
Rooney
McCart
Ambrose
Denham
Bryson
Butterfield
M Davidson
Craig
Moreland
Ciftci
Northcott
Hendry

Contracted to end of season 2022/23 are:

Brown
Gilmour
Wotherspoon
Ferguson
O'Halloran
Kane
May
Vertainen

And contracted to end of season 2023/04 are:

Sinclair
Wills
Gallacher
Booth
Cleary
Gordon
Crawford
Ballantyne
Kucheriavyi

How long has mahon on his contract

5 minutes ago, templeofsaints said:

2 years till summer 2024. Think Hallberg is the same 

Hallberg 18 month contract , MacPherson and mahon till summer 2024 please St Johnstone get hallberg on a deal now our contract extensions are very poor

Edited by tucker

So let’s hope we are not left with last minute player movements out and we don’t have a succession plan to replace.

I would love to see us somehow somewhere sign a Jenkinson or a Kernaghan but I’m probably living in dream land 

2 hours ago, Linky said:

I could see Davidson and perhaps Rooney being the only two who will be offered and accept a new contract. Hendry, Clark & McCart will be offered one but will be away I imagine.

Have to agree. Would like to think we could keep Rooney.

Would love Hendry to stay as he has single handedly kept us in premiership but any club outside OF who have been watching second half of season would want him in their team.

36 minutes ago, Cagey said:

Have to agree. Would like to think we could keep Rooney.

Would love Hendry to stay as he has single handedly kept us in premiership but any club outside OF who have been watching second half of season would want him in their team.

His goals have kept us in the Premier League twice now and I’ll be eternally grateful to him for that.

I think it’s unfortunate how it’s played out with Hendry and I won’t hold it against him if he moves on. 

20 signed players fr next season. Not sure we will have too many coming in. Perhaps s few loans.

Would like us to go for Drey Wright and Scott Allan. Rumour we were after Deas in January and wonder if we're still after him.

There will be few out of contract players and loanees leaving clubs this season so no way of telling which team will be struggling this season.

Primary consideration is a clear decision that no player will be sold within seven days of the transfer window closing.  (I know it's wishful thinking, but we should take a leaf out of the books of other teams who play hardball and demand proper fees.)

I guess it all comes down to who is out of contract and has been offered a deal which they accept.  In a dream world, Clark, Rooney, Hendry would commit to stay though highly unlikely.  Craig is gone.  Bryson likely to retire I expect.  Does the management see Butterfield, the youngsters Denham, Northcott, Moreland as having developed enough to be offered new contracts?  To be involved with the first team. Murray looks like this should be his last year.  

Do they see Gilmour, Kucheriavyi as ready to be used?  Will Wotherspoon be back to what he was or like many with that injury struggle for a few months to get his rhythm?  I expect Middleton to be released by Rangers but I have my doubts about him.  

Assuming the worse case, we need a goalkeeper (happy to try Sinclair), new right wing back, central defence, central defensive midfielder. pacey winger.  

Striking options are limited as Vertainan and Bair cost fees and haven't been given a fair crack of the whip. 

I hope Liam isn't the only addition to the coaching staff as the fitness levels are very poor in comparison to other teams.  A passing coach?  

Let's dream, top 6 next season and new European adventures to come.  

With Davidson staying & SPFL football secured, I could see us going back to our previous formation lining up like this:                                                       

Signing 1                                                                                                                   (Sinclair)

Signing 2                      Cleary                         Gordon                   Mahon                 Gallacher                                       (Brown, Booth, Signing 3)

Signing 4                  Hallberg                                                                                     (MacPherson, Davidson, Gilmour)

Signing 5                                                  Signing 6                                Wotherspoon                                                      (MOH, May, Kane, Crawford)        

I'd expect all other out of contract players to leave, but perhaps Rooney may stay. I'd expect Bair & Vertainen to be moved on or loaned out. As for who we'd bring in, we'd possibly be looking at Drey Wright as I believe there is an agent connection. I imagine the budget will be very tight, and can see some more players on loan. There are a few options coming to then end of contracts: Ian Harkes, Scott Allen, Paul McGinn. Would Davis and McGregor want one last season?

To be honest, I think we will struggle to attract players due to the season just ended.         

1 hour ago, Linky said:

With Davidson staying & SPFL football secured, I could see us going back to our previous formation lining up like this:                                                       

Signing 1                                                                                                                   (Sinclair)

Signing 2                      Cleary                         Gordon                   Mahon                 Gallacher                                       (Brown, Booth, Signing 3)

Signing 4                  Hallberg                                                                                     (MacPherson, Davidson, Gilmour)

Signing 5                                                  Signing 6                                Wotherspoon                                                      (MOH, May, Kane, Crawford)        

I'd expect all other out of contract players to leave, but perhaps Rooney may stay. I'd expect Bair & Vertainen to be moved on or loaned out. As for who we'd bring in, we'd possibly be looking at Drey Wright as I believe there is an agent connection. I imagine the budget will be very tight, and can see some more players on loan. There are a few options coming to then end of contracts: Ian Harkes, Scott Allen, Paul McGinn. Would Davis and McGregor want one last season?

To be honest, I think we will struggle to attract players due to the season just ended.         

Dont think Bair would be moved on. He was brought in on a 2yr contract I think. Not really had much game time but has usually been on the bench. Vertainen maybe based on the fact he was out on loan, depends if he has impressed enough in that loan not to just be loaned out again. Was he at the game last night. I can't remember seeing him on the field.

9 hours ago, tucker said:

Rooney being linked with possible move down south in the record ,Scott Brown interested in him, Killie as well can't see that last one Happening

Got to think Rooney will have no shortage of offers. I'd think pretty much every other Premiership team outside the Old Firm would fancy taking him. So rare to find a right-back who can have his sort of impact on a game, play in multiple positions and also score goals. In some ways his position is probably the easiest one to find a replacement for, but we're never going to find someone else who can play the position the way Rooney does.

10 hours ago, Rob said:

Dont think Bair would be moved on. He was brought in on a 2yr contract I think. Not really had much game time but has usually been on the bench. Vertainen maybe based on the fact he was out on loan, depends if he has impressed enough in that loan not to just be loaned out again. Was he at the game last night. I can't remember seeing him on the field.

Vertainen fell out with management team, so unlikely to return I would imagine. He hasn’t even been in the squad since returning from loan (not sure he’s even training with the players). I could see a loan deal in Canada being  found for Bair, unless something has changed.

Edited by Linky

1 hour ago, blueheaven said:

who can play the position the way Rooney does.

I hope he is not of the opinion that MOH is his permanent replacement. Brown is a defending full back  not what we need as a wing back In games last season we had 5 defenders along the back which was so negative

46 minutes ago, Linky said:

Vertainen fell out with management team, so unlikely to return I would imagine. He hasn’t even been in the squad since returning from loan (not sure he’s even training with the players). I could see a loan deal in Canada being  found for Bair, unless something has changed.

Vertainen couldn't have played for us after his loan spell, he is technically a Linfield player until the transfer window opens.

I do think he'll want to leave though.

16 minutes ago, Johnny B said:

I hope he is not of the opinion that MOH is his permanent replacement. Brown is a defending full back  not what we need as a wing back In games last season we had 5 defenders along the back which was so negative

The Courier was hinting MOH might leave this Summer.