The Big Summer Transfer Window 2022 Thread

tucker

6 minutes ago, Cagey said:

Thanks to you ,MS and RG for showing my naivety :laugh:.

These 2 clubs are nothing more than English Gretnas. Millionaire owners who have more money than they know what to do with and are pumping it into something they love (or do they) or is it just a  status symbol. I suspect the later. 

@blueheaven no idea on our turnover we were around the £5m mark in 2017 s suspect they are on a  lower turnover than us. but posting significantly higher losses. Not sure how the new wage cap they now have will affect things with these clubs

Clum is said to be raging that 'fan perception' cost him the forest Green job. But he will no doubt just apply for the next one that comes up. 

He's away to lick his wounds in a 3 week golfing holiday so no signings for us any time soon since he has taken recruitment back into his own hands. 

The chairman wanted to make Hendry the top earner at the club but Clum wants the money for elsewhere as 'kano Will  Be my main striker when he is back fit' 

2 hours ago, Mr Dennis Wise said:

Clum is said to be raging that 'fan perception' cost him the forest Green job. But he will no doubt just apply for the next one that comes up. 

He's away to lick his wounds in a 3 week golfing holiday so no signings for us any time soon since he has taken recruitment back into his own hands. 

The chairman wanted to make Hendry the top earner at the club but Clum wants the money for elsewhere as 'kano Will  Be my main striker when he is back fit' 

If this is all true, which I'm not sure it is, then I'm back in the 'get rid' category

2 hours ago, Mr Dennis Wise said:

I honestly think that if we managed to get Hendry to sign a long-term contract, we could get £500k for him by the January transfer window

5 hours ago, Mr Dennis Wise said:

I think there are 4 or 5 other vacancies in the EFL. I think it would be best for all parties involved if he manages to get appointed to one of them.

On 5/29/2022 at 12:55 PM, Cagey said:

He will be going ,there is no doubt about it so hopefully he goes down south.

Not sure how clubs with stadium capacity of 5 and 7 thousand are able to offer better deals than Scottish premiership teams.

Charles_Cook said to be going to Fleetwood.

TV money. 

13 hours ago, Cagey said:

I think Davidson loaning him out shows how he rates him.

Would you not have sent him out on loan? He was well out of the first team picture at the time, and when he was given chances he did very little.

I think Davidson is deserving of criticism for many things but I wouldn't say his handling of Callum Hendry is one of them. 

Just to go back to last summer was there any particular reason we didn't plan?

I thought the Covid losses had been covered by government loans and we had a manager in place that had just won two cups.

Did we squander most of our budget on extensions to players like MOH who didn't deserve a new contract?

Can't really remember too many players we were linked with apart from Kiltie and Pawlett.  Kiltie would have been a great option to have with wotherspoon out.

I've got the fear that as we have stayed up,and our results improved slightly, that we'll stick with Macpherson and crawford in the middle with brown at lwb.  We really need a whole new midfield to add to Hallberg and a couple of strikers. 

Callum needs to be ruthless and get May, MOH, Macpherson, Crawford and gilmour out the club.  Put bair on loan to arbroath for 6 months like Livi did with nouble to see if we have a player there.

Drey Wright is on his way out of Hibernian as he is not part of the new manager Lee Johnson's plans and the 27-year-old winger is on the lookout for a new club. (The Herald)

Do we need a winger no we do not play with wingers. Will CD try and sign him probably as he can make him fit the system as a wing back/

Me I would sign or loan a proven wing back

3 minutes ago, Johnny B said:

Drey Wright is on his way out of Hibernian as he is not part of the new manager Lee Johnson's plans and the 27-year-old winger is on the lookout for a new club. (The Herald)

Do we need a winger no we do not play with wingers. Will CD try and sign him probably as he can make him fit the system as a wing back/

Me I would sign or loan a proven wing back

I'd like us to abandon the wing-back system completely, but if Davidson really must insist on sticking with it then I'd be OK with Drey Wright coming in to fill that role. I thought he did pretty well when he played there for us in the past, and he could also play as an out-and-out winger which gives us options. He's no Shaun Rooney but let's face it, we're not going to find a like-for-like Rooney replacement.

I also wondered if we might look at Adrian Sporle as an option for the left hand side.

What worked during the double season is the blue print for what we are needing in the transfer window, we are probably loosing our no 1 striker and keeper, if we can’t replace them plus a decent winger and holding midfield player then it’s going to be more of the same.

This years SPL was the worst standard there has been since the inception of the SPL, the fact we didn’t get automatically relegated with our goal scoring record shows how bad it actually was.

The leading goal scorer for the league was just 13 goals and only two teams out of twelve scored more goals then they conceded.

11 minutes ago, blueheaven said:

I'd like us to abandon the wing-back system completely, but if Davidson really must insist on sticking with it then I'd be OK with Drey Wright coming in to fill that role. I thought he did pretty well when he played there for us in the past, and he could also play as an out-and-out winger which gives us options. He's no Shaun Rooney but let's face it, we're not going to find a like-for-like Rooney replacement.

We have MOH who also has filled in with a MOM  performance  still I would not want a winger as our starting wing back would you bring in a similar player?

2 hours ago, Johnny B said:

We have MOH who also has filled in with a MOM  performance  still I would not want a winger as our starting wing back would you bring in a similar player?

Might be just me but from what I've seen of both players I think Wright would be better suited to wing-back than MOH is. I think MOH is always at his best when he's playing as far forward as possible.

I'm not saying Drey Wright would necessarily be my choice, but I think he could be an OK signing.

4 hours ago, JDee said:

Just to go back to last summer was there any particular reason we didn't plan?

I thought the Covid losses had been covered by government loans and we had a manager in place that had just won two cups.

Did we squander most of our budget on extensions to players like MOH who didn't deserve a new contract?

Can't really remember too many players we were linked with apart from Kiltie and Pawlett.  Kiltie would have been a great option to have with wotherspoon out.

I've got the fear that as we have stayed up,and our results improved slightly, that we'll stick with Macpherson and crawford in the middle with brown at lwb.  We really need a whole new midfield to add to Hallberg and a couple of strikers. 

Callum needs to be ruthless and get May, MOH, Macpherson, Crawford and gilmour out the club.  Put bair on loan to arbroath for 6 months like Livi did with nouble to see if we have a player there.

Gilmour really ??

6 hours ago, blueheaven said:

I also wondered if we might look at Adrian Sporle as an option for the left hand side.

Eric Nicolson suggest Booth and Gallacher will be rotated on the left: https://www.thecourier.co.uk/fp/sport/football/st-johnstone/3349245/melker-hallberg-st-johnstone-17-signings-rated/?utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social

5 hours ago, rik2304 said:

Drey Wright is the absolute king of looking good with zero end product. 

It's almost impossible to replace the impact Rooney made but to go from that to absolutely nothing is a miserable thought.

The thing he could do was get us up the pitch, sure there was only one assist in that time but it also relieved a good deal of pressure.

I am not for signing him though as his injury history looks to still be an issue.