The Big Summer Transfer Window 2022 Thread

tucker

16 hours ago, garydavidson said:

That's what I'd expect to happen, although I'd like to think we're open to looking for improvements down that side. Think the jury's still out on Gallacher, and Booth at 31 isn't going to get faster. I also wondered if Booth might be used more often as left-sided cover for the back three if McCart moves on.

13 hours ago, GMac said:

Scott Allan (from Hibs) anyone ?

He's obviously a good player but from what I can see he hasn't managed 90 minutes all season. That's got to be an issue surely.

26 minutes ago, blueheaven said:

That's what I'd expect to happen, although I'd like to think we're open to looking for improvements down that side. Think the jury's still out on Gallacher, and Booth at 31 isn't going to get faster. I also wondered if Booth might be used more often as left-sided cover for the back three if McCart moves on.

He's obviously a good player but from what I can see he hasn't managed 90 minutes all season. That's got to be an issue surely.

Would take a half fit guy bring him on fir last 30 mins and get him uptae speed

17 hours ago, jimbo_1884 said:

An amazing stat is that according to FBREF both Drey Wright and Shaun Rooney have exactly the same number of assists for Saints in the league!

Drey Wright   
2550 league minutes played   
1 Goal
1 Assist

Shaun Rooney     
3731 league minutes played 
3 Goals   
1 Assist

Be interesting to see Shaun’s cup stats. 

23 minutes ago, Tranmere Saintee said:

Rumours and I say again rumours that the guy has underlying health problems and that’s why he hasn’t reached his potential.

Not rumours. Its well publicised he has type 1 diabetes which can affect his game. 

absolutely class player though and could be worth the risk if the wages are structured correctly. 

21 minutes ago, John Bonham said:

Not rumours. Its well publicised he has type 1 diabetes which can affect his game. 

absolutely class player though and could be worth the risk if the wages are structured correctly. 

He also has a heart condition that causes tiredness and shortage of breath. I have relatives with the same condition and it's pretty impressive that he's able to carry on playing professional football at all, let alone in the top flight. But I'd have to wonder whether his next club will be at this level.

On 5/31/2022 at 8:44 AM, blueheaven said:

Would you not have sent him out on loan? He was well out of the first team picture at the time, and when he was given chances he did very little.

I think Davidson is deserving of criticism for many things but I wouldn't say his handling of Callum Hendry is one of them. 

I would love to know how you arrived at that conclusion

my view is saints seem to be dreadful at dealing with new young strikers whether that’s Davidson or others in the coaching team

1 hour ago, Broggy Man said:

I would love to know how you arrived at that conclusion

my view is saints seem to be dreadful at dealing with new young strikers whether that’s Davidson or others in the coaching team

If you're lumping Hendry, Vertainen and Bair together I think you've missed the point.

Vertainen and Bair have barely played because they didn't have any experience of British football before and the manager seems to flat out refuse to play people like that until they've been here a long time. Melamed was the same.

1 hour ago, RandomGuy said:

If you're lumping Hendry, Vertainen and Bair together I think you've missed the point.

Vertainen and Bair have barely played because they didn't have any experience of British football before and the manager seems to flat out refuse to play people like that until they've been here a long time. Melamed was the same.

It’s the old story u don’t play them you will never know really sad the way the situation with etu developed fall out on the training ground I mean really what a crock of shit

33 minutes ago, Broggy Man said:

It’s the old story u don’t play them you will never know really sad 

Correct .

fuq that .

that max and our other  young loan players better get they’re chance now .alistair Macoist  wasn’t too young at 16 was he ?

kerr and McCann as well.

12 hours ago, rik2304 said:

Decent Courier podcast up that's focused on the season past. A solid hour on Saints. 

Can't say I agree with all the takes. Especially on MacPherson but it's decent none the less.

So Davidson helped Saints win the double he is except from criticism for life if you agree with Nickleson. They , including Cosgrove think it will be the same tactics next season.

I am sure there will be a big uplift in season tickets now :mrgreen:.

Last nights Scotland's team once again showed why we must sign players for CD back 3 and natural wing backs. Even the best players get caught out not playing their natural positions.

Roberson plays in a Liverpool back 4 McTominay plays in midfield for Man Utd. SC does av CD and plays Both out of position to suit his 3 at the back tactics Robertson wing back and McTominay at centre back both got caught out. Roberson great going forward watch Ukraine's  them at the goals.

We need natural centre backs and natural wing backs if he is going to persist with his back 3 formation

59 minutes ago, Johnny B said:

Last nights Scotland's team once again showed why we must sign players for CD back 3 and natural wing backs. Even the best players get caught out not playing their natural positions.

Roberson plays in a Liverpool back 4 McTominay plays in midfield for Man Utd. SC does av CD and plays Both out of position to suit his 3 at the back tactics Robertson wing back and McTominay at centre back both got caught out. Roberson great going forward watch Ukraine's  them at the goals.

We need natural centre backs and natural wing backs if he is going to persist with his back 3 formation

Got to agree with this. Round pegs in square holes.

My particular pet peev is strikers being forced into wide roles- seems to be an awful lot of young gifted strikers that are stunted by being forced into a position that doesn't suit them.

I’d take Gogic and Allan being released by Hibs. A Midfield of Allan, Gogic and Hallberg would be pretty decent. Wright would be ok as a Rooney replacement. To be honest, given Davidson’s history of signings, getting in players who have experience in this league is key. However, the manager is on holiday and so I can see these players going elsewhere if someone else comes in first.

14 minutes ago, Linky said:

I’d take Gogic and Allan being released by Hibs. A Midfield of Allan, Gogic and Hallberg would be pretty decent. Wright would be ok as a Rooney replacement. To be honest, given Davidson’s history of signings, getting in players who have experience in this league is key. However, the manager is on holiday and so I can see these players going elsewhere if someone else comes in first.

Think we need a Hor.

8 minutes ago, Linky said:

the manager is on holiday

I am pleased to see he has his priorities right. Any manager worth his salt after our season would to be build a team (early) for next season. 

May be he is not aware of the old sayings "The early bird catches the worm" or "He who hesitates is lost" or is it last

22 minutes ago, Linky said:

I don’t think the manager will do the actual negotiations. He will have identified the players he wants and then it will be up to Scott Boyd to deal with. 

Edited by Stumpy1966

53 minutes ago, Stumpy1966 said:

I don’t think the manager will do the actual negotiations. He will have identified the players he wants and then it will be up to Scott Boyd to deal with. 

I agree but it shows the managers desire to sign the player if he is present during negotiations