The Big Summer Transfer Window 2022 Thread

tucker

6 minutes ago, Stumpy1966 said:

Hopefully this means Ross is going out on loan as this is what he needs at this time in his career. For whatever reason he did not play much football last season and that can’t happen again so sitting on the bench as No 2 won’t help him. 

Was mentioned earlier that they want a Championship loan move for him.

Believe he needed wrist surgery last season whxib stopped that happening.

Amazing how Charles-Cook was joint top scorer in the Premiership last season with 13. Astonishing no one scored more than that. How many was it Hendry scored in half a season, 8 plus 1 in the playoff, if we had him all season he might have been top scorer in the league. Shame we won't be able to afford to sign him again as his stats show we had one of the most clinical strikers in the league.

1 hour ago, mainstand said:

Give it a  rest! They are looking at signing a new first choice keeper he is a back up maybe second or even third choice.  

Are you being serious???

You do realise even as a back up there’s a good chance he’ll need to play at some point. The fact we don’t have a number one makes this decision even more worrying. Madness.

5 hours ago, Stumpy1966 said:

Hopefully this means Ross is going out on loan as this is what he needs at this time in his career. For whatever reason he did not play much football last season and that can’t happen again so sitting on the bench as No 2 won’t help him. 

Hopefully if they send him out on loan they will hopefully have a recall option as Parrish and Lawlor as our keepers we are doomed.

21 hours ago, rik2304 said:

Pretty sure Tommy used to say the same each year. 

Remember the "jewels"? 

Time will tell. Especially after all the rubbish he brought in last season. 

Not sure Tommy ever had to overhaul the team to this extent in one window.  But then he didn't have the absolute disaster windows that Davidson has had, and certainly wouldn't have handed long contracts to the likes of Crawford and McPherson. We absolutely need at least 4 very good signings if we are to improve on last season. At least 4!

12 hours ago, Cagey said:

Hopefully if they send him out on loan they will hopefully have a recall option as Parrish and Lawlor as our keepers we are doomed.

As I understand it, the loan system would allow us to recall him in January.  Not sure about the emergency rules for goalkeepers though. 

17 hours ago, Brian Potter said:

Are you being serious???

You do realise even as a back up there’s a good chance he’ll need to play at some point. The fact we don’t have a number one makes this decision even more worrying. Madness.

Apart from the one game at Easter Road I dont think you can sit there and say that the guy has cost us. 

Edited by mainstand

It betters believe that this guy has been given a contract extension. I can only assume Saints are hoping to sign a number 1 and Parish is a cheap option and quite happy happy to sit on the bench. Let's hope like **** we can pick up a decent number 1. Not looking promising so far.

5 hours ago, Brian Potter said:

He’s not good enough. The fact he was almost retiring means he doesn’t believe he is either. 

I am in complete agreement with you! should never have been considered to be resigned, If McGregor resigns for rangers then we could have gone for McCrorie on loan and our own youngster as back up, both fighting for the position, Not a back up who wanted to leave but we manage to persuade to sign a new contract!   

36 minutes ago, rik2304 said:

Rumors at the moment from some ITK Dundee fans. 

McGhee was a big fan of him and has recommended him to Callum.

Classic Davidson signing really - a player who is not good enough for the first team of a club that's worse that us. McGhee seemingly was not enough of a fan to actually play him in the first team very often. If this is our first signing it's going to be a long transfer window.

2 hours ago, Mr Dennis Wise said:

Ian Lawlor will be the new number one.

Correct me if I'm wrong but Lawlor is contracted to Scumdee until July 2023, therefore we would be paying for him. Oh dear this really isnt looking good.  Maybe our luck will change & Zander will re - sign, doubt it though.

1 minute ago, Lewis71 said:

Correct me if I'm wrong but Lawlor is contracted to Scumdee until July 2023, therefore we would be paying for him. Oh dear this really isnt looking good.  Maybe our luck will change & Zander will re - sign, doubt it though.

You're not wrong. It looks like we're paying a fee for Dundee's second choice 'keeper as a replacement for our Scotland International. Looking forward to when we sign Charlie Adam as our new centre midfielder because McGhee thought he was ok.

I said a bit back that the first signing of this window would be pivotal and show the club's intentions for the coming season. 

IF Lawlor is the first signing, (and a Scumdee mate tells me he's honking), it's very disappointing. 

Add to that, I see that Chris Hamilton (YPOTY at Arbroath last season as a defensive/holding midfielder) has just put pen to paper on a three year deal at Dunfermline. The player himself said he'd had interest from Saints - hopefully not one of CD's "4 or 5 signings ready to go straight into the first team". 

Seems we've been slow off the mark again for whatever reason, the only sure thing is that absolutely none of it will be CD's fault. 

1 hour ago, Lewis71 said:

We paid fees for Cammy MacPherson and Ali Crawford in January, when we could've signed both to PCAs and got them for nothing.