The Big Summer Transfer Window 2022 Thread

tucker

1 hour ago, Papa Jack said:

I've not seen any of our rivals sign a decent player yet.

I could not care less about the quality of players other teams sign The same thing is said every season but last season we were almost relegated and finished below  theses teams that sign that are not decent. As was said above they are being pro active and signing identified targets. Us waiting on quality us final week panic buys of what is left

8 minutes ago, Papa Jack said:

Goncalves has wandered round the world for 3 years. He'll be their Ciftci. They've signed squad fillers..one things Saints definitely don't need.

Would you have been happy if we'd signed them?

You are very confident but time will tell if they are squad fillers or can be coached or fight their way into the team into the team

13 minutes ago, Papa Jack said:

Goncalves has wandered round the world for 3 years. He'll be their Ciftci. They've signed squad fillers..one things Saints definitely don't need.

Would you have been happy if we'd signed them?

I'd be happy with Goncalves, yes. On paper, I'd be happy with a player from the A-League in Australia. If they need squad fillers that's fine, at least they are looking ahead and getting it sorted.

The key thing isn't whether the players other clubs around us are signing are good or not, or whether we'd want them or not. It's that THEY want them. They have identified the gaps in their squad and they have proactively found the players they want to fill them. By all accounts, our manage is still on the golf course.

One last point it has been said the other teams are signing squad platers which will not improve their team 

They are in a different boat from us they do not necessarily need to improve We on the other hand need to replace Clark, Hendry Rooney and McCart with the same quality just give us the same quality to a team that finished second bottom.

5 minutes ago, tucker said:

It's been a stressful season Callum deserves time with his family come back ready for next season's challenges 

I understand that but if your business almost went under would you go on holiday and hope you could rectify the problem on your return or would you put it in order to survive the coming year.

18 minutes ago, Johnny B said:

I understand that but if your business almost went under would you go on holiday and hope you could rectify the problem on your return or would you put it in order to survive the coming year.

Do you know for a fact he is on holiday? 

Just asking as these comments all seem to be based on one post saying he was on a golf holiday. 

38 minutes ago, mainstand said:

Do you know for a fact he is on holiday? 

Just asking as these comments all seem to be based on one post saying he was on a golf holiday. 

I do not know. If he is not on holiday and is hard at work trying to sign his 4/5 quality players I take it all back and apologise to him

Do you know ?

2 hours ago, Johnny B said:

I do not know. If he is not on holiday and is hard at work trying to sign his 4/5 quality players I take it all back and apologise to him

Do you know ?

I don't no. Just curious as to why everyone seems to assume that post is correct. In addition he has been appearing in the courier almost daily with comments so suspect he is not totally disconcected

5 hours ago, Papa Jack said:

Possibly true, possibly not - but Livi seem to be pretty good at bringing these sorts of guys into their squad and getting the best out of them, so it'll be interesting to see if they finish above us again. If they do, then yes I'd say people would be correct in comparing their transfer window activity to our own.

Seen a few posts on here coming back to Callum apparently being on holiday (who actually knows if he is or not) - but presumably pretty much all the managers in the league are taking their holidays at around about the same time. Shouldn't stop the club from progressing with transfer plans.

A lot of the usual drama queens will get themselves worked up over Considine, but I am happy enough with signing him.

I'm not suggesting Considine has the quality of Michael Duberry, but look at the impact that he had on Steven Anderson when he signed for us. I think Davidson will be looking for something similar with Considine bringing on Mahon and Cleary. He is also a leader, something which we didn't have enough of last season. Slightly concerned about his recent injury troubles though.